Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

TE Dirty Birds

Agreed, Harry Douglas is the name I've heard for Gonzo's routes. Their current TE is a blocker, not a receiver.

I agree with the above. The tight end in the Falcons offense isn't going to be fantasy relevant this season without injury to one of the top three wideouts. Levine Toilolo is a TE2 at best.

• Like 1

Toilolo probably won't catch 40 balls all year, but he could see up to a half dozen TDs potentially as a red zone target. Dude is like 6'7' or 6'8" but won't be a major factor in the passing game. Falcons will use more 3 wide sets this year with the departure of Gonzo, and Harry Douglas will be the main beneficiary.

• Like 2

Agree

I think Atlanta is in for another poor year. If anyone gets a good bit of Gonz's stats it will be Julio and a smattering to Rodgers/Freeman and White/Douglass. Really I think this is why they drafted Freeman.

I like Devonta Freeman as a sleeper RB this year. He is good at catching passes, there are plenty of opportunities for him.

Toilolo probably won't catch 40 balls all year, but he could see up to a half dozen TDs potentially as a red zone target. Dude is like 6'7' or 6'8" but won't be a major factor in the passing game. Falcons will use more 3 wide sets this year with the departure of Gonzo, and Harry Douglas will be the main beneficiary.

this is true. Toilolo was a good TD producer in college and while he won't make you forget Jimmy Graham, he has potential to be pretty valuable in the red zone. when you think about that part of the field, none of the Falcons' other receiving options stand out as really exceptional.

put it this way, inside the red zone i'd rather throw to the massive Toilolo than to Douglas, Freeman, SJax, etc.

Funny enough Rotoworld had the ATL TE rated as their #7 position to watch for... I found the target stat interesting on this guy - Maybe he does have some value after all?

7. Falcons No. 1 Tight End

Sleeper: Levine Toilolo

First Ballot Hall of Famer Tony Gonzalez has retired, which left Toilolo atop the Atlanta tight end depth chart. Of course, the two players don't exactly play the same position. Gonzalez was more of a wide receiver, lining up out wide or in the slot on two-thirds of his snaps last season, per Pro Football Focus. Toilolo played 181 snaps, working in-line or in the backfield two-thirds of the time. Consider that Gonzalez only saw one more target (nine) than Toilolo when lined up in-line.

Toilolo won't see anything close to the 120 targets Gonzalez handled this past season, but he's going to see enough to put him on the TE2 radar. Selected in the fourth round last season, Toilolo is a massive specimen at 6'8/265. He showed well from a receiving standpoint as a rookie, catching 11-of-14 targets, two of which were for touchdowns. His size is going to lead to plenty of looks near the goal line. Even in the 50-to-60-target range, a half dozen touchdowns would put Toilolo in the mid-pack TE2 discussion. Keep an eye on him in deeper leagues