Sign in to follow this  
MarshallHahn

3 QBs I am REALLY worried about due to lack of WRs on the Roster.

R Wilson- So who is he throwing to? His WR depth chart looks like this:

Harvin- uber talented but hurt more than he is right

D Baldwin- talented but not overly, excellent #3 (not 2 or 1 when Harvin goes down)

J Kearse- really? ok, not bad but #3?

Z Miller- TE who will REALLY need to step up this season

they would have had S Rice till he retired...hmmmm

Am I missing someone? Once Harvin goes down this corps of WR look terrible.

N Foles- well, I still dont get the release of D Jackson

J Maclin- coming of ACL surgery and smallish in stature anyway

R Cooper- Ok, not a bad player but NOT a #2

J Matthews- a Rookie and that usually takes some time

D Sproles and McCoy will obviously be quite involved...sproles will be more of a WR than RB this season, how much of a step has he lost and can he stay on the field though?

Z Ertz- a TE that will NEED to be involved

if any of these guys go down who catches the passes?

C Newton- obviously more well known for his legs but come one here...

J Cotchery- Really, a #1. No hes not. Not for any of his previous 4 teams

K Benjamin- a Rookie, takes time and not dynamic enough, may never be

J Avant- how many teams has he been on

G Olsen- just like the last two TEs I mentioned, better REALLY be ready for some balls coming his way.

who else? Actually they called me the other day since they need a true #1 but im to busy...my mom might go down and take the job though

Old and Cranky Steve Smith WILL be missed.

These 3 who are all top 12ish QBs have VERY questionable WRs...can they really put up big numbers with such little help? Wilson perhaps. The others? Not sure.

Wilson is a low end QB1 / high end backup. His ranking is typically around 10-14 from what I've seen given his scrambling ability so you know what you're getting there.

Foles may be slightly overrated fantasy wise. I think the WRs will be fine - the addition of Maclin, Matthews, Huff and Sproles plus Ertz development should I think offset the loss of DJax. I'm more worried about whether the O on the whole will take a step back.

Cam is so hard to predict. His WRs have always sucked and he still puts up #s on the ground. I'm fairly convinced he's a Top 10 QB anyway.

Foles gets to play against abysmal secondaries in the NFC East. He'll be ok. Wrs are pretty much uncovered in the east.

• Like 1

Wilson was ranked 14 last season so I don't see a top 10 for him this season either . The Panthers WR are a big question mark but the o-line is even more of a question . Cam might be forced to run more and he just had surgery , I don't see him in the top ten he ranked 7th last season and with the WR question and even more so the o-line and his own health nope not a top ten for me . Foles I like the most of the three . Eagles do have question marks with the o-line but Foles has a lot of play makers around more then the other two so I do see him in the top ten . His avg last season ranked him at number 6 .

Wilson was ranked 14 last season so I don't see a top 10 for him this season either . The Panthers WR are a big question mark but the o-line is even more of a question . Cam might be forced to run more and he just had surgery , I don't see him in the top ten he ranked 7th last season and with the WR question and even more so the o-line and his own health nope not a top ten for me . Foles I like the most of the three . Eagles do have question marks with the o-line but Foles has a lot of play makers around more then the other two so I do see him in the top ten . His avg last season ranked him at number 6 .

I thought someone recently posted that the Eagles o-line was statistically one of the leagues best last year. Did they lose some people?

I think you will be surprised at the Seahawks offense this year. I'm pretty convinced that they will open it up more. And I see Wilson finishing right around QB 9.

Carolina has some O-line issues to be sure, but the WRs are at least as good as they have been. Cam should finish around QB 5.

Maclin is better than Jackson when healthy. Matthews is a stud, period! I fully expect Cooper to take a step back, but the TE production should go up and Sproles will also help. I think He finishes around QB5 also.

Not too worried about Foles and Wilsons, Wilsons weapons should actually be better than last year, not need to predict injuries. Foles should have similar offensive number this year.

Newton is a big question mark? He is drafted around top 10 QB right now. I probably will stay away from him,there are safer options.

I opened this thread ready to reply on cam newton because I knew he would be one of the three.

Makes no sense unless you haven't watched football the past few years.

Who have his wrs been historically? This year is no worse.

I have:

Foles @ QB7

Cam @ QB8

Wilson @ QB10

Wilson's always been right at or around 10. Don't sleep on Kearse - he's got the measurables and has a knack for scoring TDs.

Foles is ranked @ 7 because of the offense and his production last year. I don't see their DEF improving too much from last year so they will need to score.

Cam is due for a fall, but only out of the top 5 imo. What he can't do in the air he'll do with his legs, specifically score TDs.

All three will be fine but their upside is somewhat limited. Maybe not Foles though given the system - he could still put up huge numbers if Philly stays on track

Foles always reminds me of a guy named Brian Greise. In 2000 he started some games for Denver and had a 19-4 td/int ratio. Thus, the next John Elway was annointed. The following year, big fantasy hype and he ended 14 gms with something like 23-19 td/int. Maybe Foles wont be that bad but im expecting something like 25-12 at best.

Wilson however, has finished top 10 in both of his seasons. I see no reason he falls out, if anything he climbs higher to top 7 or 8. Very underrated and steady fantasy qb.

Cam has never finished outside top 5, however many expect a big falloff. Im saying he struggles half the season and blows up half the season to end with great stats but still kill fantasy teams. A good example of end stats not telling the whole story.

I was going to say Foles reminded me of Derrick Anderson a few years back. Had one great season and fell off the map. But i think the Chip Kelly offense will keep him a serviceable fantasy QB, just not top 5.

Im not as worried about Cam's WRs as i am about his injury. So much of his game depends on his running. But that being said, i think he's still around #10 QB.

I think a safer pick/better value than these guys would be Romo, Cutler, Rivers

If Wilson, Foles, and Newton are top 10 this year (I don't), and we assume Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, who are the other 4? Cutler? Romo? Kaepernik? RG3? Ryan? Brady? Mathews? Luck? It'll be a different list depending on whether you're getting 4 or 6 per TD pass. Who do you guys think is on the outside looking in?

My top 10:

Peyton

Brees

Rodgers

Stafford

Luck

Foles

brady

Ryan

Romo

Cam

and on the outside looking in, RG3, Kaep, Cutler, Rivers, russell. But its pretty much a toss-up after the top 3-4, so well worth waiting on a QB if you dont get a top guy, imo.

I thought someone recently posted that the Eagles o-line was statistically one of the leagues best last year. Did they lose some people?

. They did one of the O T was just suspended four the first four games

The biggest thing about the Eagles offensive line (and their success last season compared to 2012) is that they were all healthy for 16 games. There isn't much depth on that line, a problem that reared its head two seasons ago.

With Lane Johnson's suspension for the first four weeks, Barbre should fill in nicely at right tackle in his absence, but if someone goes down to injury and misses time its going to get ugly IMHO. Couple that with Todd Herremans' deteriorating play and you could easily see Nick Foles being under extreme amounts of pressure.

If Wilson, Foles, and Newton are top 10 this year (I don't), and we assume Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, who are the other 4? Cutler? Romo? Kaepernik? RG3? Ryan? Brady? Mathews? Luck? It'll be a different list depending on whether you're getting 4 or 6 per TD pass. Who do you guys think is on the outside looking in?

We can get caught up in stats all day long, but the facts are that the difference between top 10 and top 15 will be minimal.

Foles gets to play against abysmal secondaries in the NFC East. He'll be ok. Wrs are pretty much uncovered in the east.

Not so much the giants now. And division rivals you never know what they will plan.