Sign in to follow this  
mont71

Drop Christine Michaels for Turbin?

I have held on to Christine for 1 year for $1 in my money keeper league. We can keep a guy up to 4 years. At this point I'm not sure he's worth keeping even at the price. Mind u the top backs went for $55,54,50...

It's a sticky situation. Obviously, neither has a whole lot of value with Lynch being healthy. Michael is a far more talented runner, but Turbin is polished, a better blocker and a better receiver. Turbin has sensed the opportunity and has had a great preseason.

If Lynch goes down, Turbin would get plenty of touches, but Michael should still be the one to own.

Won't matter RBBC

I don't understand all the talk that CM is a special runner. It has been said over and over so it is considered fact. Has he ever made big plays in the NFL to live up to this legend?

I don't understand all the talk that CM is a special runner. It has been said over and over so it is considered fact. Has he ever made big plays in the NFL to live up to this legend?

He's had some pretty sick runs bro u should watch tape. He does stuff I've never seen any back do.

He's had some pretty sick runs bro u should watch tape. He does stuff I've never seen any back do.

How many fantasy points will he score? Because thats ultimately what it comes down to. Talent doesn't directly translate into fantasy points and his situation sucks. If Lynch gets hurt (which i don't think he will) he's still going to have to fend off Turbin who is a decent back himself. Keeper league is another story but this year? No thank you. Let someone else buy the hype.

Turbin is #2.

He's more of a goal line runner, better blocker, more trust with everything and without fumbles, had a good preseason, Harder runner with power "like Lynch".
(i.e. Lynch Jr. really)

If it's a Dynasty I'd keep C. Michael, but if you are backing up Lynch in a redraft this year then Turbin is the play IMO. I don't even see RBBC if Lynch were to go down. I think Turbin would be used the most and especially at the goal line where the bread and butter would be.

I think Turbin has earned #2 for a couple years running now. He would be given his due shot.

I'll be sad when/if we lose Turbin some day. He'll go somewhere and be a really good starter!
And I'm not sure if Christie can hold up and take the pounding, even though he's got more explosion to bust it.
Turbin is a big strong bad man.

I can't figure it out either. I tried googling but all I could find is a few preseason carries for some decent yards. Nothing crazy or special really. I remember that one guy for the falcons Jerious Norwood, every time he touched the ball it seemed like he was off to the races for a 50yd run. For all the talk about Christine, I'd at least expect something like that. But no it's just all hype completely fabricated by fantasy players. I remember least year he was everyone's "secret weapon" and got like 4 carries all year or whatever it was. Gonna be the same story this year. Even if Marshawn broke his ankle today, Michael would be a change of pace rb to give turbin a breather. He's becoming like Bigfoot, many legends told but no ones ever seen him. He's a whisper told by the trees.

I'll be the jokes about it with the guys who know fantasy in the locker and buds at home. They prob say "yo Chris, you know you are hot commodity in FF, you get drafted in every league yet you don't even play!" He prob just laughs and says "ha yea man I donno, I'm just trying to do my job, I have no idea what these guys are thinking but hey I'll take it."

I can't figure it out either. I tried googling but all I could find is a few preseason carries for some decent yards. Nothing crazy or special really. I remember that one guy for the falcons Jerious Norwood, every time he touched the ball it seemed like he was off to the races for a 50yd run. For all the talk about Christine, I'd at least expect something like that. But no it's just all hype completely fabricated by fantasy players. I remember least year he was everyone's "secret weapon" and got like 4 carries all year or whatever it was. Gonna be the same story this year. Even if Marshawn broke his ankle today, Michael would be a change of pace rb to give turbin a breather. He's becoming like Bigfoot, many legends told but no ones ever seen him. He's a whisper told by the trees.

I'll be the jokes about it with the guys who know fantasy in the locker and buds at home. They prob say "yo Chris, you know you are hot commodity in FF, you get drafted in every league yet you don't even play!" He prob just laughs and says "ha yea man I donno, I'm just trying to do my job, I have no idea what these guys are thinking but hey I'll take it."

To a lesser extent Brandon Bolden is another head scratcher. But I completely agree. Talent doesn't mean fantasy points. It will take a miracle for Christina to see extended carries this year with Seahawks. Any other 3rd string RBs get this much hype? Ridiculous.

Turbin is a plucky little guy and is dependable but he does not possess the home-run threat that CM has. Michael's burst through the line is pretty impressive even in small doses. His problem is that (1) Lynch is ahead of him, (2) he has not shown he can pass block effectively, and (3) he's had a case of the dropsies. Items #2 and #3 are curable but it is anyone's guess when the team moves on from Lynch. I would say it is after this season.

Seattle's braintrust is enamored with the concept of the 'explosive play'. They want to create them on offense and prevent them on defense. CM gives them a better shot at creating those explosive plays on offense than Turbin does, so if something were to happen to Lynch, I think he gets every chance to prove his worth.

Turbin is a plucky little guy and is dependable but he does not possess the home-run threat that CM has. Michael's burst through the line is pretty impressive even in small doses. His problem is that (1) Lynch is ahead of him, (2) he has not shown he can pass block effectively, and (3) he's had a case of the dropsies. Items #2 and #3 are curable but it is anyone's guess when the team moves on from Lynch. I would say it is after this season.

Seattle's braintrust is enamored with the concept of the 'explosive play'. They want to create them on offense and prevent them on defense. CM gives them a better shot at creating those explosive plays on offense than Turbin does, so if something were to happen to Lynch, I think he gets every chance to prove his worth.

They may be enamored with the explosive play, but Lynch doesn't fill that role. He is a pounder and a punisher. So while Cmike may be explosive, it's not like they have shown they must have that from the RB position.

Turbin is an elite athlete too.

Turbin goes down too easily when he runs. Just watch any of his carries from last year. He has a giant upper body, but his balance doesn't look that great