Sign in to follow this  
Breesman32

If I drafted RG3 should I pick up Cousins

Over at ESPN I drafted RG3 in the sixth round I have JC and Reggie among backs and Megatron, Nelson, and DJac among my starting receivers. My bench RBs are MJD and Hill and bench receivers are Hunter and Wheaton. I drafted Witten and backup is Green. I also have two kickers, McManus and Prater and two defenses Pats and Rams. What happened there was my draft froze up and I ended up having to relaunch the window and I ended up getting the rams too after drafting pats.

Either way its a keeper league and I had JC, Bush, Megatron, and Nelson as keepers. So if I need to pick up Cousins who do I drop out of Hill, Wheaton, Hunter, Green, and Prater? Dalton was also on FA last I checked but redskins are supposed to be a good offense.

• Like 1

Last year in my 2 QB league I rostered Cousins around week 12 when there started to be whispers that RG3 might get benched. There weren´t really any starting QBs on the roster so I needed to cover my basis. Cousins essentially lost the championship for me.

I´d take Dalton about 1000x before I´d rely on Cousins again.

No, handcuffing qbs is not necessary. You only cuff rbs because you expect similar production or at least touches from the replacement. but QBs are a completely independant entity. Also theres a secret that no one really knows but me, Cousins isnt that good.

Last year in my 2 QB league I rostered Cousins around week 12 when there started to be whispers that RG3 might get benched. There weren´t really any starting QBs on the roster so I needed to cover my basis. Cousins essentially lost the championship for me.

I´d take Dalton about 1000x before I´d rely on Cousins again.

Here's the problem, Cousins is playing in a new offense and with another weapon and a TE healthy. Dalton is now playing in a run heavy offense.

No, handcuffing qbs is not necessary. You only cuff rbs because you expect similar production or at least touches from the replacement. but QBs are a completely independant entity. Also theres a secret that no one really knows but me, Cousins isnt that good.

I'm just concerned about the RG3 rumors.

Over at ESPN I drafted RG3 in the sixth round I have JC and Reggie among backs and Megatron, Nelson, and DJac among my starting receivers. My bench RBs are MJD and Hill and bench receivers are Hunter and Wheaton. I drafted Witten and backup is Green. I also have two kickers, McManus and Prater and two defenses Pats and Rams. What happened there was my draft froze up and I ended up having to relaunch the window and I ended up getting the rams too after drafting pats.

Either way its a keeper league and I had JC, Bush, Megatron, and Nelson as keepers. So if I need to pick up Cousins who do I drop out of Hill, Wheaton, Hunter, Green, and Prater? Dalton was also on FA last I checked but redskins are supposed to be a good offense.

Hello . Dalton is the pick . And Dalton should be the starter over RG until he shows more the. He has during preseason .

No, you should've taken a stronger backup in the first place. If you draft RG3 in Round 6 you might as well go ahead and get your backup in Round 7/8. Better yet just wait and take a more reliable QB.

RG3 is nothing but a late round flier. You should have had someone else as well just in case or been ready to pick someone up. Nobody likes Russell Wilson it seems, just get him and start him.

Yes.

Running QB's are more prone to injury. Cousins has shown he is reliable when needed. He is a starting calibre player in the same offense.

valueable handcuff to you even if hes not worth much to others.

Cousins is decent but there has to be a better option out there.

depends on what type of league you are in.

As this was not mentioned in the initial posting, I went on the assumption that he would be fantasy relevant if he played. (otherwise why ask the question)

Yes, if there are guys like Romo on the Waiver wire, I prefer them to Cousins, but if you are in a 12 or 14 team league or in a league that starts 2 QB's Cousins is a must have handcuff to RG3.

If becomes questionable in 10 teamers, but some 10 team leagues have lots of people hanging onto backup QB's and this may actually be the best option. It really depends on the situation, and if we dont know that, we are just speculating.

-Edit- of note: he did say this is a keeper league. Cousins is young enough that he may be worth stashing on a roster (depending on how many you keep) as you know he will be starting somewhere once his contract expires.

This adds to his value.

Well that was a good idea.