Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

REGULAR SEASON TALK & THOUGHTS

I owe the league an apology. I wasn't paying attention enough when I set my lineup last week. Having no kicker in my line up is inexcusable. Sorry.

dont beat yourself up about it :thumbsup:

If someone gets a chance, remind me: do the top 6 make the playoffs, regardless of division, or is it top 3 from each division?. I'm just trying to scout out the playoff teams and who I'll be playing after my first round bye. :-)

If someone gets a chance, remind me: do the top 6 make the playoffs, regardless of division, or is it top 3 from each division?. I'm just trying to scout out the playoff teams and who I'll be playing after my first round bye. :-)

2 division winners, and then top 3-6. Division doesn't matter afte the division winners.

and Moz takes down his bitter rival on the legs of LeVeon Bell.

The Bell finally tolled! Took Pittsburgh long enough to realize get the damn ball to Bell!

Win outs me in the drivers seat but still a bit of work left. I need to either win 1 of my last 2 games or Joc and Ski lose 1 of their last 2 games and I get the division - after a 2 year dry spell.

Damn -- you could of built a title team on players I have dropped! Peterson, Jonas Gray, Hillman, CJ Anderson, and a few others I have forgotten. Man despite some really shitty team management my sqaud is winning inspite of me.

I have dropped so many good players makes my head hurt.

well, looks like im now the #3 seed... but work to do to hold that. and not sure #3 matters any more than #6. Getting Gordon back now but Brown on bye next week.

Well, 10-1 and nobody else in the league is better than 7-4; I have officially wrapped up the #1 seed, the division, a bye.

Goal number 2 is to win the most points. I'm 130 points ahead of the nearest guy with a couple to play. It would take a pretty big collapse to lose this.

Now I'm just watching and waiting to see who my first victim is. Just want my guys to stay sharp and healthy til they're needed.

Well, 10-1 and nobody else in the league is better than 7-4; I have officially wrapped up the #1 seed, the division, a bye.

Goal number 2 is to win the most points. I'm 130 points ahead of the nearest guy with a couple to play. It would take a pretty big collapse to lose this.

Now I'm just watching and waiting to see who my first victim is. Just want my guys to stay sharp and healthy til they're needed.

at least i can proudly say your loss belongs to me... and our other game was close as well.

Brady, Forsett, Brown, Cobb, Gordon, White and Wright will give you a run if I make it and we meet. Wish I had a stronger TE or would like to see Kelce or Rivera really establish themselves these next 2 weeks.... but TE isn't exactly your strong spot either.

at least i can proudly say your loss belongs to me... and our other game was close as well.

Brady, Forsett, Brown, Cobb, Gordon, White and Wright will give you a run if I make it and we meet. Wish I had a stronger TE or would like to see Kelce or Rivera really establish themselves these next 2 weeks.... but TE isn't exactly your strong spot either.

Indeed, TE is my one real weak spot. At RB, Forte, Foster and Gore are set. My WR are just stupid, with Megatron, Maclin, Evans, Benjamin, Andre Johnson as my 5th. Anything can happen once the playoffs start, I just need to get myself in the best position possible.

wish I had the money to bid on Jonas - this is why you save your bid money :wall: Just sucks knowing I had him .. well as others and dropped them all.

its a new england RB with no prior 10+ point game (in regular leagues... guess he likely had 10+ in our format with the points for carries)... im not too concerned about not being able to go after him.

insomnia / randomness pays off maybe? :blink:

insomnia / randomness pays off maybe? :blink:

I'm eliminated from the playoffs. I put in a bid of $675 for J Gray and then noticed I don't have even close to that amount. I forgot to bid a lesser amount. Oh well, I'd rather carry 2 of the best kickers in the game and a crappy overrated tight end. :/

its not even that i trust gray to continue to do even half of what he did, i just assumed with the playofs around the corner, someone would throw 900-1100 at him with the scarcity of RBs.... a few teams have only spent $1-$1000 of the 2k budget..... even just to keep him off a competeing roster............ before going to bed i decided to see who landed him.

Big Blue

10-1 points leader. You are deserving but have work yet to do. Good luck and should you win it all, this user id is yours.

Big Blue

10-1 points leader. You are deserving but have work yet to do. Good luck and should you win it all, this user id is yours.

Keep it warm for me, cause I'm coming for that name!

its not even that i trust gray to continue to do even half of what he did, i just assumed with the playofs around the corner, someone would throw 900-1100 at him with the scarcity of RBs.... a few teams have only spent $1-$1000 of the 2k budget..... even just to keep him off a competeing roster............ before going to bed i decided to see who landed him.

:wall: damn I wish I would have stopped by the league site at 11pm (CST) tuesday night :wall: Never imagined that Gray would be there. Granted with Blount there now and Vereen -- you never know who gets the play there anyway. I do think it was a fluke by Gray but that said I would of bid like 800 on him if I had it.

WW -- also I actually think you got a solid team after the season is now about to go into the plaYOFFS. Hoever I do still have a 50-60 point edge on ya in the hat bet.

Just noticed I have more point Allowed by a mile than anyone else at over 1700. Actually more points have been scored on me than I have scored yet still sit at 7-4. Record should be better but I have played every team it seems on one of the better weeks. :(

WW -- also I actually think you got a solid team after the season is now about to go into the plaYOFFS. Hoever I do still have a 50-60 point edge on ya in the hat bet.

can you pull up our wager or remind me of it? because i know i ddin't want a hat. was it a hat/tshirt bet?

can you pull up our wager or remind me of it? because i know i ddin't want a hat. was it a hat/tshirt bet?

thats what it was

thats what it was

well, we are both short one of, if not our top players this week, in Brown and Bell. Next week at full strength. Im down 45 points i think.... so it should be exciting

Having Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy graham get you 83 points and still losing is the truly inexcusable part.

Losing by .1 in a game sums up my year. In another league. I'm third in scoring and have the most points scored against me. That's the haps! Last place.

Interesting game here: ski bum and SIB are both 5-6, sitting a game back of playoffs. They play each other, so the loser of this one is just about focked. Even more interesting is that we're less than three hours from game time and skibum has a lineup of only 9 guys (and he had nobody playing Thursday). Perhaps he wants to give SIB a head start?

maybe someone should get in touch with him? not like him

ok with 1Q to go, I need Romo to get me within at least 5 to have a chance (9.1 currently)

Decker vs. Forsett to go in my rematch with the champ.

victory.

and any points forsett gets me for the rest of the game cuts into Moz's ~45 point lead heading into week 13

congrats on the hat bet moz, i got tied up and didnt get to swap roddy out of my lineup, if it ends up mattering.

Joc still has his big guns in Peyton and Charles to go -- but has dug himself a DEEP hole and Delay is looking poised to slid in the backdoor.

also the hat bet isn't over yet...

Joc still has his big guns in Peyton and Charles to go -- but has dug himself a DEEP hole and Delay is looking poised to slid in the backdoor.

also the hat bet isn't over yet...

And it looks like Peyton has got his "A" game today.

Unless Peyton tosses 4 more TD's and Charles n Bowe combine for like 30 points looks like DElay will slid in the backdoor much like Famous did years ago when won the title from the 6 spot.

Why oh why did I drop cj :wall: dude is an easy 20 a game ros.. with 40 burg r upside. Glad bell is finally being used right though. Sammy is playing like shot and Marshall up n down. I got a bye going in but man other than dt n bell my team is not really good. Granted right now I rank dt n bell as #1 at their positions but I doubt that's enough.

Why oh why did I drop cj :wall: dude is an easy 20 a game ros.. with 40 burg r upside. Glad bell is finally being used right though. Sammy is playing like shot and Marshall up n down. I got a bye going in but man other than dt n bell my team is not really good. Granted right now I rank dt n bell as #1 at their positions but I doubt that's enough.

antonio brown begs to differ

antonio brown begs to differ

If given the choice right now rest of season - you would take Brown over DT? I would call Brown, Mega, and DT all basically the same as far as production if healthy - just poersonal boas I guess saying DT

I had no idea Bell w/o Blount there would be such a monster. I just hope he holds up for 3 more weeks with that workload.

yeah i would take Brown. partially because im a fanboy but also partially because DT has more weapons to contend with in sanders and JT when he comes back. thats not a big issue, obviously but vaults Antonio just a bit in my eyes where players like Bryant and Wheaton serve to be good enough to take pressure off but not good enough to siphon too much production.

making the playoffs this year is nice but as i've said from the start, my focus was on 2015 when this goes back to a full entry fee league and only 3 teams have their transitional keeper picks. Antonio Brown as a franchise keeper and Josh Gordon for a 4th sounds like a nice start to me. :dunno: and maybe for the first time since i joined this league, i'll draw a decent draft spot.... something early to maximize the value on that 4th rounder.

yeah i would take Brown. partially because im a fanboy but also partially because DT has more weapons to contend with in sanders and JT when he comes back. thats not a big issue, obviously but vaults Antonio just a bit in my eyes where players like Bryant and Wheaton serve to be good enough to take pressure off but not good enough to siphon too much production.

making the playoffs this year is nice but as i've said from the start, my focus was on 2015 when this goes back to a full entry fee league and only 3 teams have their transitional keeper picks. Antonio Brown as a franchise keeper and Josh Gordon for a 4th sounds like a nice start to me. :dunno: and maybe for the first time since i joined this league, i'll draw a decent draft spot.... something early to maximize the value on that 4th rounder.

I only got 1 keeper :( -- Got no clue who to keep -- Bell or DT? Like BB06 with Forte and Megatron --and others -- the draft this year will for certain be loaded.

I only got 1 keeper :( -- Got no clue who to keep -- Bell or DT? Like BB06 with Forte and Megatron --and others -- the draft this year will for certain be loaded.

quickl glance says 1 of DT/Ball

1 of Drew Brees/Julio

1 of Peyton/Jamaal

1 of Forte/Calvin

and 2 of Lacy/Peterson/Nelson

plus some very good players beyond that but those seem to be the studs.

Wish Bell would have saved that 50 burger for next week. Starting to think Bell is my keeper damn he looks good. If things play out looks like I will get Banana boy next week -- and the player I let go CJ Anderson - man that could of been title if I held onto him just 2 more weeks...

Wish Bell would have saved that 50 burger for next week. Starting to think Bell is my keeper damn he looks good. If things play out looks like I will get Banana boy next week -- and the player I let go CJ Anderson - man that could of been title if I held onto him just 2 more weeks...

Not sure I want any part of Cuse's team next week. I put up about 200 in the bye this week, and I'm still askeered.