Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

REGULAR SEASON TALK & THOUGHTS

Lot of week 9 byes for me. I guess on the plus side I hit FBN when he has julio off. Somewhat offsets me being without cobb and roddy..... somewhat.

I actually put up a nice number but ran head first into a Big Ben buzz saw. Next week I face the #1 team BB - but his whole team is on Bye - while I have Sammy and Marshall on Bye - I just might have a shot to stave off a surging Ski bum. I needed a win this week to gain a little distance and cushion but even if I win next week if Ski wins the week 10 match up will determine who is in first.

Losing by .1 point is a kick in the Fawking ball. I'm done with taking FF seriously anymore.

I'm second in points in one league and probably won't make the playoffs.

I gave up my spot in a main league I've been in for 19 years. Guy that took my team over is in 1st place even though he took AP, as I would have in the 1st round, and is having the best luck one could wish for.

Fawk this game!

Losing by .1 point is a kick in the Fawking ball. I'm done with taking FF seriously anymore.

I'm second in points in one league and probably won't make the playoffs.

I gave up my spot in a main league I've been in for 19 years. Guy that took my team over is in 1st place even though he took AP, as I would have in the 1st round, and is having the best luck one could wish for.

Fawk this game!

man, just saw you lost by .1

what a screw job. I thought i got lucky winning by .4

I actually put up a nice number but ran head first into a Big Ben buzz saw. Next week I face the #1 team BB - but his whole team is on Bye - while I have Sammy and Marshall on Bye - I just might have a shot to stave off a surging Ski bum. I needed a win this week to gain a little distance and cushion but even if I win next week if Ski wins the week 10 match up will determine who is in first.

Just saw that I'm playing this week without Matt Stafford, Matt Forte, Calvin Johnson and my kicker. Jeebus, that's gonna be tough to deal with.

Just saw that I'm playing this week without Matt Stafford, Matt Forte, Calvin Johnson and my kicker. Jeebus, that's gonna be tough to deal with.

Seems it doesn't matter - even players that don't normally do much are playing great. I need a great second half to come close ... But with DT on Reevis Island and Bell's allergy to the endzone it doesn't look good :( It all comes down to my next 2 match ups with Ski next week and Delay after that -- I win those I get the division... You do have a great team BB

white flag waved - even when his studs are out players that have done nothing all year Like Evans blow up - it's your year BB

white flag waved - even when his studs are out players that have done nothing all year Like Evans blow up - it's your year BB

I like the way you think. Yeah, Evams was a surprise and he may replace Andre Johnson in the starting lineup.

The Foster injury will hurt of it lingers, but with a bye next week, I'm hoping hes okay

I like the way you think. Yeah, Evams was a surprise and he may replace Andre Johnson in the starting lineup.

The Foster injury will hurt of it lingers, but with a bye next week, I'm hoping hes okay

No contact injuries are never good. What made youre team so great was that 1-2 Foster/Forte punch if Foster is out you become very human again.

this should be an interesting game FBN. youve got 111.9 with no one going. Ive got 77.7 with another half from Brady, Vereen, Baldwin and Holmes going. need to bridge that gap going into the night games

FBN - Wayne, Fleener

WMM - ABrown, Forsett

No contact injuries are never good. What made youre team so great was that 1-2 Foster/Forte punch if Foster is out you become very human again.

True. I can survive a week or two without Foster, but I will need him come playoffs. That makes the playoff bye week even more important to me now.

Still, I've been without Calvin for a month, so getting him back will help,

True. I can survive a week or two without Foster, but I will need him come playoffs. That makes the playoff bye week even more important to me now.

Still, I've been without Calvin for a month, so getting him back will help,

you got to keep calvin and forte.. i actually questioned the foster pick but its turned out to be great. what would really worry me about your team is guys like Andre Johnson, Frank Gore and Jason witten just being over the hill but when we let you get Maclin...... assuming health, you are the fav.

If I had players drafted in the second, third, fourth rounds I would be doing better....lol

Big Ben is playing out of his flippin mind right now!

66 points last week, 48 this week. I about took him out today for Tannehill...he would have only got me 40.

My bad 54.6 for Big Ben....didn't realize he wasn't done!!

While the North division is pretty cut n dry with BB and Cuse leadign the way -- My division s up in the air with 4 teams basically equal

I feel like I would be leading your crap ass division.

edit: sorry you would have me by about 40 points in points for.

damn, i think youre going to nip me here, FBN. that reggie TD hurt.

damn, i think youre going to nip me here, FBN. that reggie TD hurt.

No way. It would be about as unlikely a comeback as there has been.

Published Tue Nov 4 9:57:00 a.m. CT 2014

(Rotoworld)A source tells PFT that Adrian Peterson will plead no contest to one count of misdemeanor reckless assault.

Analysis: If the agreement between Peterson and the prosecutors is accepted by the judge, the case will be resolved. Note that the plea will not include reference to family violence or violence against a minor. He will pay a $2,000 fine, be placed on probation and perform 80 hours of community service. Now the question becomes how the NFL and the Vikings will respond. Peterson has been on a paid suspension since Week 1, missing eight games. No one seems to know if the league office will consider that "time served." If they do, it's possible he could be reinstated quickly. Peterson needs to be owned across the board right now just in case he suits up for the stretch run. "We will review the court documents," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told PFT via email. "We cannot speculate on a timetable for a decision."

Published Tue Nov 4 9:57:00 a.m. CT 2014

(Rotoworld)A source tells PFT that Adrian Peterson will plead no contest to one count of misdemeanor reckless assault.

Analysis: If the agreement between Peterson and the prosecutors is accepted by the judge, the case will be resolved. Note that the plea will not include reference to family violence or violence against a minor. He will pay a $2,000 fine, be placed on probation and perform 80 hours of community service. Now the question becomes how the NFL and the Vikings will respond. Peterson has been on a paid suspension since Week 1, missing eight games. No one seems to know if the league office will consider that "time served." If they do, it's possible he could be reinstated quickly. Peterson needs to be owned across the board right now just in case he suits up for the stretch run. "We will review the court documents," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told PFT via email. "We cannot speculate on a timetable for a decision."

Hope he pays off for the playoff run.

Am I allowed to borrow points from last week for Big Ben? Ugh....12 TD passes in two games, then you play the horrid Jets and can't complete a pass!!

Am I allowed to borrow points from last week for Big Ben? Ugh....12 TD passes in two games, then you play the horrid Jets and can't complete a pass!!

i started him in 1 league but honestly saw it coming. thought i expected 2 scores 1 int, not the opposite... cant keep up that torrid pace.

what the low weekly total in league history (i probably own it :P )

thought i had the bunny dead to rights and rodgers throws 4 TDs in the first 18 minutes? not looking good.

Jeebus Christmas, guess who's playing against Jordy Nelson and Eddie Lacy? I was up 10 with 4 guys left to his 2. Now I am going to have my work cut out for me.

Jeebus Christmas, guess who's playing against Jordy Nelson and Eddie Lacy? I was up 10 with 4 guys left to his 2. Now I am going to have my work cut out for me.

it wouldnt be with for the defending champ to go 2-8

thought i had the bunny dead to rights and rodgers throws 4 TDs in the first 18 minutes? not looking good.

Being spoiler is all I got. That .1 loss sums up my season here a few weeks ago.

In the immortal words of Pee Wee Herman...."I'm not sorry!!!!"

it wouldnt be with for the defending champ to go 2-8

Well Jordy and Eddie Macy got him focking 60. Forte didn't do much, so I'm back by 20 going into tomorrow night. He's done and I have Maclin and Kelvin Benjamin. I should be okay for each of them to get 10, but you never know

Arizona D/ST got me 35 which really helped just before Jordy and Lacy went off. Still, Big Blue's team is a beast and should pull out a win.

The most important thing that I found out this week is that Megatron is back and boy did he look good. He very nearly had another touchdown and just missed on a few more catches. Glad to have him back

Nice win Gepetto (yes, I'm calling it in the middle of the third quarter). Sanchez hates Maclin and Cam couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Nice win Gepetto (yes, I'm calling it in the middle of the third quarter). Sanchez hates Maclin and Cam couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

panthers line sucks balls. i would have walked off the field if i were cam and just left the stadium

Well garbage time is helping. I am one catch for 16 yards away from a win by either Maclin or, more likely, Benjamin.

Sorry Gepetto but there it is. Second Td to Benjamin. Shouldn't have won probably, but I'll take it.

My favorite part is that the TV announcer (not Gruden, the other one) said "fantasy football...some people out there just won their matchups because of those two touchdowns".

Sorry Gepetto but there it is. Second Td to Benjamin. Shouldn't have won probably, but I'll take it.

My favorite part is that the TV announcer (not Gruden, the other one) said "fantasy football...some people out there just won their matchups because of those two touchdowns".

mike tirico?

speaking of gepetto, hes usually quite the cocky one. has there ever been a champ with such a bad record the following season? :P

Unbelievable. Lost both my leagues on that 2nd Benjamin TD. Would have taken control of my division with a win in other league and knocked off the leader in this league. :wall: Great win for you Big Blue.

Unbelievable. Lost both my leagues on that 2nd Benjamin TD. Would have taken control of my division with a win in other league and knocked off the leader in this league. :wall: Great win for you Big Blue.

Going into Sunday night, I was sure I would win. Up 10, with Forte, Maclin, Kelvin and Crosby against just Lacy and Jordy. Then your guys exoded and I needed garbage time. Great game Gepetto, just a bad break.

I owe the league an apology. I wasn't paying attention enough when I set my lineup last week. Having no kicker in my line up is inexcusable. Sorry.

I owe the league an apology. I wasn't paying attention enough when I set my lineup last week. Having no kicker in my line up is inexcusable. Sorry.

Having Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy graham get you 83 points and still losing is the truly inexcusable part.