Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Some News About Ben Tate

Even if he just needs a scope on his knee, that's a few weeks. West and Crowell are stealing future reps.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ben Tate will "likely" miss 2-4 weeks with a sprained knee.

Per RapSheet, the tentative timeline for Tate is "depending on how he heals." Fantasy drafters of Tate knew the risk going in, based on his extensive injury history with the Texans. They should still keep Tate plastered to fantasy benches as an injured RB4. Rapoport says to expect to see Terrance West and Isaiah Crowell carrying the Browns' backfield in Tate's absence. While West had 100 yards on 16 carries in Sunday's loss to Pittsburgh, Crowell ripped off 32 yards and two touchdowns on five runs. That usage suggests West is the better waiver target, although Crowell should definitely also be owned.

For Tate, "nothing that serious" just means he avoided amputation....this time.

• Like 1

I have west in both of my main non dynasty leagues so i am pretty thrilled at the news. I almost traded west away but i decided not to since gerhart is my rb 3 in both leagues also. His value will go up once he gets a shot at 15+ carries.

West going to be the guy, I see Tate back after their bye which will be week 5? West should see 3 solid games, then who knows afterward.

West did petty much suck right up to the point of the week one game. Everything prior to that was pretty bad.

Crowell is very talented, just an idiot who's gotten in trouble.

As a Tate owner with both West and Crowell available on the wire, it's hard to know what to do. Drop Tate and pick up West? But after Tate returns, does he get the bulk of the carries again or does that depend on how well West (or Crowell or both) produce in his absence? Makes me think maybe I should just avoid the Cleveland backfield altogether and pick up Steven Jackson or Hyde or Ingram, who are all available in my 10-team league.

As a Tate owner with both West and Crowell available on the wire, it's hard to know what to do. Drop Tate and pick up West? But after Tate returns, does he get the bulk of the carries again or does that depend on how well West (or Crowell or both) produce in his absence? Makes me think maybe I should just avoid the Cleveland backfield altogether and pick up Steven Jackson or Hyde or Ingram, who are all available in my 10-team league.

After Tate returns he will go out with another injury.

Browns are a wreck just waiting to happen . I see. RBBC . Nothing much to see

West did petty much suck right up to the point of the week one game. Everything prior to that was pretty bad.

Crowell is very talented, just an idiot who's gotten in trouble.

Leveon bell wasnt all that good in preseason either.

Browns are a wreck just waiting to happen . I see. RBBC . Nothing much to see

Respectfully, I'm not so sure about this. Cleveland has a very underrated offensive line. It's been said the two most important positions on a line are left tackle and center, and Cleveland has probably the best combo in the league with Joe Thomas and Alex Mack. Though they gave up three sacks last week to Pittsburgh, and not entirely sure they weren't Hoyer's fault, that line used the Steelers front seven as blocking dummies all day. West, Tate, and the UDFA Crowell's numbers were all similar, and between them they ran for 173 yards on 27 carries. Respectively, their longest runs were 29, 25, and 16 yards. This tells me they were all repeatedly getting to the next level of the Steeler defense at will. I respect the fact Pittsburgh's defense may not be what it once was, but those are dominating numbers.

I love the Cleveland running game and think it's West's job to lose, with the two red zone vulture TD's by Crowell coming more as situational flukes than anything else. They are of two very similar sizes and speeds, with West probably the more polished runner. Short yardage and GL carries may not necessarily be crowned to Crowell. And in the passing game it isn't that close, as Crowell is a liability as a blocker and probably underutilized in his career as a pass receiver.

I feel it's a situation where West has lead back roles in all facets, while Crowell simply spells him in all facets as a change of pace. I see this 2-4 weeks for Tate becoming easily four weeks, with a chance he doesn't get back on the field at all.