Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Raiders HC Dennis Allen fired?

and so it begins it seems

@APtcollins: My sources tell me that @Raiders HC Dennis Allen is fired and an announcement could come as soon as Tuesday.

Sounds like Charlie Weiss is available :dunno:

@APtcollins: My sources tell me that @Raiders HC Dennis Allen is fired and an announcement could come as soon as Tuesday.

Amusingly enough, I don't even think he's the worst coach. I think Rex Ryan is probably the worst.

Amusingly enough, I don't even think he's the worst coach. I think Rex Ryan is probably the worst.

I wouldnt call rex the worst. Look at what he has been given on offense to work with. Unless he is the one making the calls on drafting these players, i dont blame it all on him. Not saying hes great, just not the worst.

I wouldnt call rex the worst. Look at what he has been given on offense to work with. Unless he is the one making the calls on drafting these players, i dont blame it all on him. Not saying hes great, just not the worst.

No matter who the players are, who the OC is or who the GM is, all of the Rex Ryan coached offenses look exactly the same! At some point people have to realize there is a common denominator at play!

The personnel involved actually have had and do have success elsewhere. Even Sanchez was said to have looked good for the Eagles.

The Jets have some decent talent too. Decker is not a bad player and either is Ivory, and they have a pretty solid O-line. I'm not saying the Jets should look like the Broncos or something, but this is the NFL where offense is made easy, and yet the Jets are consistently the worst offense in the league and their QB is usually rated the worst in the league. A league that has Blaine Gabberts and Ryan Tannehils and other scrubby QBs the past few years!

Its too bad about Allen. His GM set him up to fail. A team that needs rebuilding shouldn't be blowing all of its cash on over-the-hill veterans.

Collins recanted this.

Please disregard my recent tweet about the Raiders. These rumors haven't been confirmed by the AP. I'm sorry.

I have no information about the status about the Raiders coach. I was never covering the story.

https://twitter.com/APtcollins

However, it's bound to happen, but the Raiders' performance is not entirely Allen's fault. The GM McKenzie has completely mismanaged the talent.

LOL awkward, deadspin then said the AP reporter then deleted that tweet!

But yes, at this point, the Raiders aren't showing any signs of life, they have to do something.

The raiders needed to throw a ton of money at Bill Cowher and get him in there. That would be exactly what this team needs. Not these young upstart visor cap wearing nancy boys they keep hiring.

The raiders needed to throw a ton of money at Bill Cowher and get him in there. That would be exactly what this team needs. Not these young upstart visor cap wearing nancy boys they keep hiring.

I dunno, I thing Cowher has no interest in coaching a loser. He's done, I don't see him ever coming back to a HC position.

I honestly think you could hire an all star of coaches and they still would lose with this team. Outside of Carr and Mack this team is awful. Carr looksikenthe real deal and Mack is one heck of

Player is already showing signs of being a stud.

The rest of the team is garbage.

Its too bad about Allen. His GM set him up to fail. A team that needs rebuilding shouldn't be blowing all of its cash on over-the-hill veterans.

Absolutely right. All the more shocking that two high-priced veterans - Matt Flynn and Matt Schaub - didn't do much more than cash paychecks.

It's been a terrible 12 years being a Raider fan. Brig back Chucky.

good thing I left the question mark in the original thread title I guess

so now we can retract the retraction?

Poorly run franchises will continue to be poorly run.

OAK decides in the final week of pre-season to go with Carr and, 4 weeks in when he gets injured, they fire the coach. Again.

BUF jumps in the draft to select the guy they believe is their franchise QB and hand him the keys. 14 games in, with stats and a W-L record that show promise, they bench him after a bad road loss on a week where his health was questioned due to an abdominal issue. Who do they bench him for? A guy who wanted out of football 6 months ago and has no better career stats than the kid whose confidence they just shattered.

Roto says the raiders will try for Jon Gruden first. Good move but its true this team was built so poorly it will take a few years to fix. Id love to be coach or GM there, id have them in playoff contention within a few years. First order, cut all old sorry bums. Second order, on draft day ship all early picks for more early picks and stockpile 2s 3s 4s and 5s. 3rd order, trade some of those picks straight up for veterans who can still play since for some reason teams think a 3rd rnd pick is worth a pro bowler. Id go get Larry Fitz to start, then just go get quality guys with at least 5 years left in them. From there just draft, hire better talent evaluators, dont listen to mel kiper.

No matter who the players are, who the OC is or who the GM is, all of the Rex Ryan coached offenses look exactly the same! At some point people have to realize there is a common denominator at play!

The personnel involved actually have had and do have success elsewhere. Even Sanchez was said to have looked good for the Eagles.

The Jets have some decent talent too. Decker is not a bad player and either is Ivory, and they have a pretty solid O-line. I'm not saying the Jets should look like the Broncos or something, but this is the NFL where offense is made easy, and yet the Jets are consistently the worst offense in the league and their QB is usually rated the worst in the league. A league that has Blaine Gabberts and Ryan Tannehils and other scrubby QBs the past few years!

Sanchez looked good in some preseasons with the Jets as well.

Rex is not an offensive guy and it's a shame he hasn't gotten a hold on it somewhat during his entire tenure with the jets. It is my biggest complaint with him. You can tell morning wood is in complete control of everything offensively.

But Rex is an excellent defensive mind and a players coach who seems to get the most out of lesser talent because they enjoy laying it out on the field for him. He has a head coaches presence. For all those things I like him as a HC.

Had this discussion with Mueller but the jets issues are organizational from the top. Woody johnson is in over his head as an owner and they continue to make a comedy of error when it comes to the cycling of coordinators, the Tebow thing, extending holmes... Revis contracts etc etc.

Roto says the raiders will try for Jon Gruden first. Good move but its true this team was built so poorly it will take a few years to fix. Id love to be coach or GM there, id have them in playoff contention within a few years. First order, cut all old sorry bums. Second order, on draft day ship all early picks for more early picks and stockpile 2s 3s 4s and 5s. 3rd order, trade some of those picks straight up for veterans who can still play since for some reason teams think a 3rd rnd pick is worth a pro bowler. Id go get Larry Fitz to start, then just go get quality guys with at least 5 years left in them. From there just draft, hire better talent evaluators, dont listen to mel kiper.

Why would Chucky leave a cush ESPN analyst position to come back to the stress of coaching a team that he quit, and not on good terms? Also his message wore pretty thin in Tampa, and we're all pretty certain that his superbowl win was essentially guiding Tony Dungy's team to the superbowl.