Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

Black Friday TV deals

I'm just giving you a hard time. Spend your money and time however you see fit.

Relative to earnings, I wonder who really is the most frugal of the Geeks?

I don't have a DVR. I don't have a way to record shows since my VHS died two months ago.

Typing this on an iPhone 3GS.

I don't have a DVR. I don't have a way to record shows since my VHS died two months ago.

Typing this on an iPhone 3GS.

Yeah but you make $7.50 an hour working the fryolator :dunno:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/11/21/amazon-black-friday/19343929/

As with the other major retailers, electronics will be a large part of Amazon's plans, with TVs in particular getting some sizable discounts. A few of the notable "doorbuster" deals include a 32-inch LED TV for $79 and a 40-inch 1080p LED TV for $119 (the brands of these TVs are unknown), a Toshiba 50-inch LED TV for $199 and a 55-inch Vizio Smart LED TV for $478. Amazon will also be offering deep discounts on a variety of Samsung TVs including a 40-inch Smart LED TV for $328.

I think I am going to get the 50" on Toshiba. I am already a Amazon prime member, hopefully i get free shipping on it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/11/21/amazon-black-friday/19343929/

I think I am going to get the 50" on Toshiba. I am already a Amazon prime member, hopefully i get free shipping on it.

From Consumer Reports:

50-inch Toshiba 1080p LED/LCD set for $199. There's little info about this set right now, but we expect to hear more soon. Panasonic and Toshiba LCD TVs have done well in our ratings, but neither brand has scored especially well in terms of sound.

Amazon's Black Friday sale started today and I guess this will be in one of the time-sensitive "lightning deals" at some point. If it is, with Prime you have a 30 minute headstart to take advantage of it.

http://www.twice.com/news/retail/amazon-begins-black-friday-sales-tomorrow/55030

If you find anything helpful/strategic out, let me know. My brother and I are considering it; he just wants to make sure it's wifi capable.

I went to Walmart last year and stood/sat in line for hours to get a 32" TV for my son for around 100 bucks.

It was one of those one hour guarantee deals, as long as you were in line, you would get one by Christmas, even if they ran out, which they did run out very fast.

So, I paid for the TV on Thanksgiving day and received some paperwork, that I did not read. BIG MISTAKE.

You see, with these type of deals, you HAD to register within like 3 days to fulfill the request.

About 5 days before Christmas, I had still not heard anything from Walmart about when to get pick up my son's new TV.

So I call them and they ask me for some verification number. I get my paper work out that I received on Thanksgiving day and THEN I see that I had NOT registered with my receipt like I was suppose to. They lady in the line never said shtt to me that I had to do ANYTHING.

Focking nightmare. I totally screwed up my son's Christmas.

So, I explain what happened to the Walmart manager at my local Walmart.

He said "What the hell you want me to do about it??? Do you expect me to just pull a 32" TV off the shelf and give it to you, even though it costs more than DOUBLE what you paid for that TV??? We do not have anymore of these cheap TVs to give you. The only ones we have are much better TVs."

I told him I paid for a TV and am not getting one. The woman who checked me out NEVER said I had to jump through more hoops to get this thing by Christmas, my son's Christmas is SHOT TO HELL. I reminded who I am and that I literally spend THOUSANDS of dollars EVERY year in his store. Told him I am on my way to the store to work this out. :D

He hung up on me.

When I get there, the manager was waiting for me at the door. I asked him if there was anyway I could get the TV, even if it is after Christmas. Thought I would try the nice approach first and see where that would get me before I explode.

He told me to give him a few minutes. Next thing I know, the manager pulls a MUCH nicer TV off the shelf and just gives it to me. :D

So, keep this in mind if you get one of these deals that promise it will be here by Christmas. READ the paper work and make sure you do what you are suppose to do because the cashier might forget to tell you what all you need to do to ensure the TV(Or any item) arrives on time.

First off, how would you know that?

Secondly, anyone who stands in line for 3-10 hours hoping to be one of the few to get a "deal" on one of 5 or 6 TVs they have in stock at that price....is a moron, .

I would know it because their model numbers are different.

I went to Walmart last year and stood/sat in line for hours to get a 32" TV for my son for around 100 bucks.

It was one of those one hour guarantee deals, as long as you were in line, you would get one by Christmas, even if they ran out, which they did run out very fast.

So, I paid for the TV on Thanksgiving day and received some paperwork, that I did not read. BIG MISTAKE.

You see, with these type of deals, you HAD to register within like 3 days to fulfill the request.

About 5 days before Christmas, I had still not heard anything from Walmart about when to get pick up my son's new TV.

So I call them and they ask me for some verification number. I get my paper work out that I received on Thanksgiving day and THEN I see that I had NOT registered with my receipt like I was suppose to. They lady in the line never said shtt to me that I had to do ANYTHING.

Focking nightmare. I totally screwed up my son's Christmas.

So, I explain what happened to the Walmart manager at my local Walmart.

He said "What the hell you want me to do about it??? Do you expect me to just pull a 32" TV off the shelf and give it to you, even though it costs more than DOUBLE what you paid for that TV??? We do not have anymore of these cheap TVs to give you. The only ones we have are much better TVs."

I told him I paid for a TV and am not getting one. The woman who checked me out NEVER said I had to jump through more hoops to get this thing by Christmas, my son's Christmas is SHOT TO HELL. I reminded who I am and that I literally spend THOUSANDS of dollars EVERY year in his store. Told him I am on my way to the store to work this out. :D

He hung up on me.

When I get there, the manager was waiting for me at the door. I asked him if there was anyway I could get the TV, even if it is after Christmas. Thought I would try the nice approach first and see where that would get me before I explode.

He told me to give him a few minutes. Next thing I know, the manager pulls a MUCH nicer TV off the shelf and just gives it to me. :D

So, keep this in mind if you get one of these deals that promise it will be here by Christmas. READ the paper work and make sure you do what you are suppose to do because the cashier might forget to tell you what all you need to do to ensure the TV(Or any item) arrives on time.

The moral of the story is to bring a wheelchair and a head strapped goPro camera to walmart on Black Friday.

From Consumer Reports:

50-inch Toshiba 1080p LED/LCD set for $199. There's little info about this set right now, but we expect to hear more soon. Panasonic and Toshiba LCD TVs have done well in our ratings, but neither brand has scored especially well in terms of sound.

Amazon's Black Friday sale started today and I guess this will be in one of the time-sensitive "lightning deals" at some point. If it is, with Prime you have a 30 minute headstart to take advantage of it.

http://www.twice.com/news/retail/amazon-begins-black-friday-sales-tomorrow/55030

If you find anything helpful/strategic out, let me know. My brother and I are considering it; he just wants to make sure it's wifi capable.

I do not think it will be wifi capable, but it should be an upgrade on my 37" Sansui.

I signed up for the email alerts because I expect this tv to go at a terrible time.

Do people often assume you're a veteran gocolts?

You must be very popular, clear some of your PMs. :D

I just tried to send you one and it said your box is full. :shocking:

The moral of the story is to bring a wheelchair and a head strapped goPro camera to walmart on Black Friday.

:doublethumbsup:

That might explain why mmmmbeer "didn't respond" (in my mind) to a message of mine :doh:

Good to go now :cheers:

naomi's box has never been full :nono: