Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Mathew Stafford

Having a tough time with my Tate/Lafell choice due to Stafford and that Oline, but also at home on Thanksgiving. Here's to hoping for a shootout in GB as I am leaning Lafell for now.

I'm having the same dilemma, but leaning Tate...been burned too many times by the Patriots, you just never know which offense weapons will be utilized. You pretty much know Tate is going to be getting a lot of looks today, not as many options as the Patriots.

If Bush is out, I'm also leaning J. Bell over Vereen, been burned by the RB situation too many times as well.

No, the Patriots play Green Bay. When you said no shootout in GB weren't your referring to that game?

Det is at home vs Chi.

No, I was referring to the lions bears game. I don't see a shootout in this game. I also don't see a shootout in the Packers patriots game. I see both games with scoring in the 20s, nothing great nothing bad.

Detroit 27

Chic 21

Green Bay 24

Patriots 20

Stafford is having a nice day showing why I will never draft him again

Too inconsistent

I would not trust Stafford in any matchup. Those matchups you think are good...those teams are looking at stafford as a reprieve for their woes. I would not bench Megatron, but everyone else I would stay away from.

Well, are you having second thoughts about this statement?

Detroit has the following coming up:

Tampa

Minn

Bears again

Stanford had a great day. When I saw the boxscore I was worried I would see Tate with huge stats. Guess that Oline held up pretty well

• Like 1

Tate only had the year he head, cause Calvin was injured. That lucky run the Tate FF owner had, is now over. They will return to reality.

Here is the bottomline on Stafford IMO:

He has talent and is a legit NFL QB. However, he is a terrible fantasy QB because of his inconsistency. I have never drafted him and never will.....unless for a backup. Many people were going on in preseason about his upside and weapons....talking about how many passes his receivers dropped last season and etc.

Doesn't matter....he just doesn't have "it"....and imho never will.

• Like 1

"It" being a stable offensive line this year and good coaching staff surrounding him in previous years.

I've been saying all along that Stafford lacks "it", whatever it is. Slappies and homers always point to his stats and his miracle comebacks as proof that he does have it, failing to account for the fact that he chucked more than any QB in history under Linehan, has a stop 5 all-time WR who constantly bails out his bad throws, and is the reason the Lions were in huge holes requiring miracle comebacks in the first place.

Slappies are all geeked about the "big" win at home over a simply horrible Bears team, who, by the way, they again got down 14-3 to. The real Lions are the team thatost at home to the Bills, looked horrible on the road against the Cardinals and Pats, and who should have lost to the Saints and Falcons but for horrible gaffes by both teams late.

Sure, they are better than in the past, particularly on the defensive side of the ball, and will likely finish with at least a 10-6 record and make the playoffs. But they are no threat to go deep, and when they travel to Green Bay in week 17 and hit he road in the playoffs, the real Stafford will show up and choke.