Sign in to follow this  
ryansee

Approach to Thursday Night Games

I have been doing fantasy football for a few years now, but I still have not really developed a coherent approach to deciding in what situations to play particular players on Thursday night games specifically. I'm not even really sure if there actually is a statistical difference. I know there is an attitude that generally players underperform on thursday games because of short weeks, but does that attitude also apply to team defenses? Is there a real or noticeable trend anyone sees in the production of players at any position for thursday night games? I'm trying to figure out my roster for the playoffs and hearing others' thoughts might be helpful.

Which players are you looking at?

I've gotten huge games out of Emmanuel Sanders and Demarco Murray on Thursday nights. And Shane Vereen also.

Which players are you looking at?

I've gotten huge games out of Emmanuel Sanders and Demarco Murray on Thursday nights. And Shane Vereen also.

i'm in a 12 team ppr league and my rb position is my weakness. my options this week are rashad jennings, terrance west, marcel reece, kerwynn williams, and matt asiata so I am strongly considering playing Kerwynn Williams tomorrow at St. Louis. Even with the injury I feel like jennings has the highest ceiling so i am most likely starting him, and at rb2 i am most likely looking at williams, reece or west.

If it is a stud playing on Thursday night, you start him.

If you are deciding between two scrubs or two mediocre players, play the guy that plays in the later game.

I think for the first half of the season, players and teams had a much more apathetic attitude towards playing on Thursday night. With the playoffs approaching and teams fighting for spots the importance of each game trumps the inconvenience of playing on a short week. I'm rolling with Tre Mason (over Jennings/WIlliams/Gore) as my RB2 and the Rams DST tonight. The Cards can clinch a playoff spot with a win and I guarantee the Rams don't want that to happen on their turf - should be a good game.

The theme through the Thursday nighters has been the better team in a blowout. The only close games, and the only big upset, have come in division games.

St Louis is not eliminated from playoff contention and their defense (with a healthy Long back) is riding two straight shutouts. This is a must win game for them.

Arizona is showing big problems offensively with Stanton at QB. Fitzgerald is way less than 100%, Ellington out, Mathieu out on D as well. AZ has done wonders overcoming injuries all year, but that offense is very shaky right now. Very shaky.

It would be difficult for the Cards to miss the playoffs at this point.

I'm running Mason.

• Like 1

Start the Rams D, they know they arent making the playoffs but they have pride and really want a third shutout. Apart from that and Mason, stay away from every other player on the field, even kickers.

You guys seem pretty high on Mason. I'm contemplating him over the likes of Ingram and Hill. But man Arizona is tough no? Could be a 9-6 game.

The theme through the Thursday nighters has been the better team in a blowout. The only close games, and the only big upset, have come in division games.

St Louis is not eliminated from playoff contention and their defense (with a healthy Long back) is riding two straight shutouts. This is a must win game for them.

Arizona is showing big problems offensively with Stanton at QB. Fitzgerald is way less than 100%, Ellington out, Mathieu out on D as well. AZ has done wonders overcoming injuries all year, but that offense is very shaky right now. Very shaky.

It would be difficult for the Cards to miss the playoffs at this point.

I'm running Mason.

:thumbsup:

If it is a stud playing on Thursday night, you start him.

If you are deciding between two scrubs or two mediocre players, play the guy that plays in the later game.

Except if the second guy is gimpy and you have sh*t to replace him with if he ends up being out.

Im starting Mason over Gore vs Seattle and JStewart vs TB. Gore is old and on the road vs Seattle , and i just cant trust Stewart yet. The Cards have given up double digit points (PPR) to the opposing lead RB every week since week 7. They gave up 12 to Mason and 11 to Benny Cunningham in week 10 at Arizona. Since then, Mason's role in the offense has done nothing but grown. IM happy with 10 points out of him tonight. Three receptions and 70 total yards. Anything more is gravy. Toss in a TD and i'll do some nekkid backflips.

Who's running the Cardinals on D? And if you're sitting the Cards D this week, which D are you playing instead?

I'm sitting ARI and playing STL. Home D/ST on TNF seems like a winner to me, particularly one as red hot as STL.

I'm still undecided about Mason.

Crowell

Ingram

Stewart

Chris Johnson

Latavius

Im starting Mason over Gore vs Seattle and JStewart vs TB. Gore is old and on the road vs Seattle , and i just cant trust Stewart yet. The Cards have given up double digit points (PPR) to the opposing lead RB every week since week 7. They gave up 12 to Mason and 11 to Benny Cunningham in week 10 at Arizona. Since then, Mason's role in the offense has done nothing but grown. IM happy with 10 points out of him tonight. Three receptions and 70 total yards. Anything more is gravy. Toss in a TD and i'll do some nekkid backflips.

Nice call, idiot.

There is no stat pattern for Thursday players. Just a more public way to watch a couple guys underperform especially when it's your only source of PTs for week

I ended up benching Mason. Zona still scares me and I hate Thursday night games.

I'm sitting ARI and playing STL. Home D/ST on TNF seems like a winner to me, particularly one as red hot as STL.

Seems to be close to a wash thru the first half. I scrambled about 20 minutes before game time and decided to play the Cardinals after I flirted with streaming the Panthers or Browns. I hope the Cards can keep it up.

I'm sitting Mason against the Cards defense. Rolling with L. Murry and I. Crowell instead.

You made the right call.

You guys seem pretty high on Mason. I'm contemplating him over the likes of Ingram and Hill. But man Arizona is tough no? Could be a 9-6 game.

:first: Hell of a call!