Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Julio Impact on Ryan/White

So right now I've got Matt Ryan starting with Eli on the bench, and Stills starting with White on the bench. If Julio can't go though, how much will it impact both ATL guys? Does it significantly hurt Ryan this week or make little difference? Does White become an automatic starter over a guy like Stills?

Seriously, you have to ask? It's Week 15 and you still have to ask? :shocking:

It's Week 15, and you still have to post a useless response?

Obliviously if Julio is not in the lineup, it will hurt is numbers slightly but as the way it looks now, you're looking at a potential shoot out vs Pittsburgh. Would definitely keep Ryan in over Eli.

Obliviously if Julio is not in the lineup, it will hurt is numbers slightly but as the way it looks now, you're looking at a potential shoot out vs Pittsburgh. Would definitely keep Ryan in over Eli.

How about over Sanchez?

I have Stafford and Ryan. I think I may have to go back to Stafford now.

If it were me, no way do I play Ryan with no Julio. Julio is a beast, and Roddy white is no replacement.

If it were me, no way do I play Ryan with no Julio. Julio is a beast, and Roddy white is no replacement.

Sanchez?

Sanchez?

Sanchez is better but what scares me about this game is that dallas had 10 days to better prepare for this game. I don't think Sanchez will do as well this time around and of course he looks ghastly last week. Sanchez scares me, but Dallas defense doesn't get pressure.

Sanchez 15-18

Can you live with that?

I have Stafford and Ryan. I think I may have to go back to Stafford now.

Ah, yeah!

Sanchez is better but what scares me about this game is that dallas had 10 days to better prepare for this game. I don't think Sanchez will do as well this time around and of course he looks ghastly last week. Sanchez scares me, but Dallas defense doesn't get pressure.

Sanchez 15-18

Can you live with that?

Ryan will do better even without Julio IMO

How about over Sanchez?

Ryan over Sanchez IMO

Who would be oblivious? The Steelers defense?

Who would be oblivious? The Steelers defense?

thats a typo...meant to say "obviously"

I actually think Douglas can put up 80% of Julio's numbers against that shoddy D. If ATL can score a ton @GB, they can do the same vs Pittsburgh. I would play Ryan over most QBs this weekend.

Ryan will do better even without Julio IMO

You may be right. I don't feel it because everyone gets bumped up which adds pressure to perform. Roddy now the one guy- not really a one. The other kid, Douglas, usually does good as a three guy, not sure how he will do as a two. Te is pretty irrelevant. Not seeing it my friend, but this is the NFL and anything can happen.

Plus, Pitt will control the clock with bell.

I actually think Douglas can put up 80% of Julio's numbers against that shoddy D. If ATL can score a ton @GB, they can do the same vs Pittsburgh. I would play Ryan over most QBs this weekend.

Agree unless they trot out a decoy

Agree unless they trot out a decoy

I don't think it matters. Douglas will do equally well; possibly better - and so will Ryan.

I don't think it matters. Douglas will do equally well; possibly better - and so will Ryan.

Wow, you hold the steelers passing defense in utter contempt. Mean Joe Greene would be embarrassed to read such blasphemous words

Wow, you hold the steelers passing defense in utter contempt. Mean Joe Greene would be embarrassed to read such blasphemous words

Well they are awful.

They are not only not good in the back field; their front line doesn't bring pressure, which makes it worse. Every high output team can score against them.

Douglas is also a veteran, and could probably start on a couple teams.

They are not only not good in the back field; their front line doesn't bring pressure, which makes it worse. Every high output team can score against them.

Douglas is also a veteran, and could probably start on a couple teams.

Ike and Cortez Allen stink and both are out. Which leaves some guy who was worse than them as their #4 I don't even know anything about him as he wasn't with them in camp

Keisel and Harrison are out and they are only pass rush they had

They have trouble with screen passes to rbs which ATl is great at

It's gonna be a shootout.

• Like 1

I know Pittsburgh's pass D is terrible but I don't see Harry D getting 179 yards and a TD (this would be 80% of what Julio has averaged in the last 2 weeks, technically 0.8 TD but I'll round up). I think that's giving Harry D a little too much credit and Pitt's pass D too little. I actually believe Allen and Taylor being out is an improvement in the secondary (Allen is terrible and Taylor hasn't been the same since his broken arm). I suppose stranger things have happened.

I know Pittsburgh's pass D is terrible but I don't see Harry D getting 179 yards and a TD (this would be 80% of what Julio has averaged in the last 2 weeks, technically 0.8 TD but I'll round up). I think that's giving Harry D a little too much credit and Pitt's pass D too little. I actually believe Allen and Taylor being out is an improvement in the secondary (Allen is terrible and Taylor hasn't been the same since his broken arm). I suppose stranger things have happened.

What do you see Douglas getting then?

A couple of weeks ago he went 9-116 on 12 targets and that was against a much better Cards defense.

What do you see Douglas getting then?

A couple of weeks ago he went 9-116 on 12 targets and that was against a much better Cards defense.

100 and a TD would be a good game for him. I don't see him cracking 125+ and if he's really lucky he'll catch 2 TDs, but that's why they play the game......... From experience, it seems the majority (>50%) of the time when the consensus is a shootout, somehow the D's manage to step up and make it lower scoring or it's a turnover fest due to bad offensive play. I'm gonna guess and say the score for both teams will be in the 20s (40+ total). But I'm not gonna put any money on it. My 2 cents........

100 and a TD would be a good game for him. I don't see him cracking 125+ and if he's really lucky he'll catch 2 TDs, but that's why they play the game......... From experience, it seems the majority (>50%) of the time when the consensus is a shootout, somehow the D's manage to step up and make it lower scoring or it's a turnover fest due to bad offensive play. I'm gonna guess and say the score for both teams will be in the 20s (40+ total). But I'm not gonna put any money on it. My 2 cents........

In order for their Ds to step up, one would have to imagine that they each have one.

They don't. This game is going to be a screaming scorefest.

Didn't douglas get like 30+ pts when Julio was out? I'm starting Ryan and grabbed Douglas to block the team I'm playing since he has Julio. If Ryan got you this far roll with him.

Didn't douglas get like 30+ pts when Julio was out? I'm starting Ryan and grabbed Douglas to block the team I'm playing since he has Julio. If Ryan got you this far roll with him.

No he did not.

So right now I've got Matt Ryan starting with Eli on the bench, and Stills starting with White on the bench. If Julio can't go though, how much will it impact both ATL guys? Does it significantly hurt Ryan this week or make little difference? Does White become an automatic starter over a guy like Stills?

White stock goes up . Of course .

If I can get 100 and a TD from Mr. Douglas tomorrow I'll cry before I blackout in drunken happiness.

You've got Gordon on your roster are you sitting him?

I'm still thinking Douglas is the better play but man I really hate to sit Gordon (mainly because I've held on to this guy all year).

This is killing me. I'm hoping and praying when it's all over they get similar points.

• Like 1

Ugh. Started the week with Martavis Bryant and Stills as the obvious choices over Roddy. Now Julio prob won't play (bump Roddy) and Soldier Field might be a swamp from a lot of rain (downgrade Stills?). Nothing has changed with Pitt, so I guess Bryant is still one of my starters. I have no idea what to do with the other two guys though.

Did the same. I'm using Roddy White, opponent has Julio Jones. I picked up Douglas to block him.

Douglas is going to be a major factor in playoffs and DFS combined. He's the base minimum on most daily sites and he is a free agent(prior to today). I picked him up for all my redrafts...but primarily to block other teams. Though I could play him over V-Jax...

last year, yes

i was a Julio owner, enjoying his #1 ranking through 5 games.

then the foot injury, season OVER.

scooped Harry as a "WTF" for week 6 ... plugged and played vs the Yucs ... and he wernt 9/128/1

that's damn near 28 ppr.

kid can get it done :dunno:

It's Week 15, and you still have to post a useless response?

I think the useless applies to your post don't you think? :dunno:

But if you should ask, I think Julio not playing helps the 2nd string fullback in a PPR league only.