Sign in to follow this  
Gouz41

Is it crazy to bench Forte this week?

I know you're supposed to dance with the girl who brought you, but with Forte playing the Lions, is it better to start J. Hill vs the broncos and J. Bell vs. Bears.

Anyone else thinking of benching Forte?

I'm in PPRs and he, usually, puts out. But depends on his douche friend Mrs. Cuntler.

I also have no other good "cousins" too choose from.

I'm in the same boat and I'm going to go with Hill over Forte. That Bears offense can't be trusted. That and the fact that the Lions Def is pretty stout against the run. Just look at what they held him too earlier in the year.

I'm thinking about going with Hill over Forte this week as well. The Thanksgiving game was horrible & he was horribly utilized against an equally terrible Saints defense last night so I'm not sure I can trust him in the championship this week.

What's this "thinking" about going with Hill over Forte?

Is that even a thought!??!

I am going to offer the counter opinion:

1) I think DEN is going to play Hill tough on D; having Hill in instead of Forte is no guarantee of anything.

2) Forte is just as accomplished catching the ball as he is running it, if not even slightly more. DET's aggression on pass rush may catch them in a clever Forte screen or two, one of which (I predict) he takes to the house.

3) Soldier field is not a quick surface. That doesn't help speed rushers, which is (mostly) what DET has. They're good either way, but not quite as good on the road on natural grass.

4) These are division rivals, and I see them playing a higher scoring game than most here seem to think.

5) If CIN falls behind, they have Gio taking away Hill's production through the air. Forte has no such crutch, other than being spelled on occasion by Carey.

6) Never bench your studs unless the alternative is a total slam dunk. I think Hill will be good, but he will not be a slam dunk this weekend.

Not benching forte but I do think I'll sit Ingram for Jeremy hill. I didn't like the three headed monster of Ingram, Thomas , and Robinson

I know you're supposed to dance with the girl who brought you, but with Forte playing the Lions, is it better to start J. Hill vs the broncos and J. Bell vs. Bears.

Anyone else thinking of benching Forte?

I would stick

I'm starting Eddie Lacy & CJ Anderson at my 2 RB spots this week. My flex is between Forte, Green and Stills I guess. Tough decision.

I'm starting Eddie Lacy & CJ Anderson at my 2 RB spots this week. My flex is between Forte, Green and Stills I guess. Tough decision.

I predict you win no matter which of them you start @ FLEX.

Anybody sitting Forte this week may God have mercy on your souls.

- bullchit.

go check the Thanksgiving game log ... and the Bears are a fockin' five alarm dumpster fire right now.

hell, I betcha Ka'Deem gets more burn this week.

no knock on Matt22, he's a dynamite player ... but that Chicago sitch is AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

hth.

Somebody has to catch check downs from Cutler. Forte has been doing it ALL season. I don't expect a monster game. But I do expect 10+ points in PPR.

- Claussen update -

Matt22 goes 14/43 on the ground, and 11/92/1 via the air.

30 ppr.

game changer.

adjust accordingly.

Ehhh I still don't think Forte has a good game. Lions are going to focus even more on the running game with Mr. Pickle in. Look how the Lions Def played them on Thanksgiving, with a healthy Bears team (Marshall included). Forte didn't do anything. I happen to have J. Hill which is a viable option, imo. It depends on who you have that would replace Forte in your starting line up.

Ehhh I still don't think Forte has a good game. Lions are going to focus even more on the running game with Mr. Pickle in. Look how the Lions Def played them on Thanksgiving, with a healthy Bears team (Marshall included). Forte didn't do anything. I happen to have J. Hill which is a viable option, imo. It depends on who you have that would replace Forte in your starting line up.

that was with Cutler, and he constantly ignored a wide open Forte in the flat to wing it the fock downfield on Thanksgiving.

Claussen will check down more, and Forte will be heavily leaned on ... and expect Carey to see action as well.

• Like 1

that was with Cutler, and he constantly ignored a wide open Forte in the flat to wing it the fock downfield on Thanksgiving.

Claussen will check down more, and Forte will be heavily leaned on ... and expect Carey to see action as well.

Maybe you're right but can any of the owners stating that Forte will be focused in the check down game have any stats evidence to support Clausen has a history of doing so?

I guess we'll see. If you have other good to great players I think it would be a no brainer to bench him. There's too many guesses on that Bears team right now and they are playing the Lions def. Its not like they are playing the Saints or Falcons def.