Sign in to follow this  
tigeru

Orton retires

I learned that from you.

Yeah, he was ready to go last year but the Bills gave him good money. A great signing for both sides. I'm glad for him that he was able to go out like that -as the starter on a winning team, not a long time, forgotten back up- it's a much better exit.

Orton had a pretty underrated career... Guy was a very capable middle tier starting QB. Good for him to walk away in one piece and focus on his family.

Again Orton is the only guy I have any form of inside info on.......I wouldn't be completely shocked if Chicago called he wouldn't go back. Still has a really nice home in the Chicago area, played there.....long shot, but I wouldn't be completely surprised.

But nice career, and pretty quietly so.

He's retiring to be with family??????

Is he planning on being Mr. Mom or something?

Why can't he see his kids during NFL season? Plus, he is off for a long time now, isn't this enough of family time?

It must be nice to walk away from a 5.5 million dollar a year job.

Maybe he's driving around in a Pinto instead of the higher priced vehicles and has saved money over the years that $5.5 million isn't as big of a loss or the headaches

He's a smart dude. Retire. Wait for the mid season injury phone call to come. Then sign a nice fat contract for 6-8 weeks with no stress of preseason, etc.

I hope Cutlers that injury. A whole season injury free he loses 10 games himself.

How was he underrated?

He accomplished nothing in professional football.

Other than playing the Bills for fools. Wasted their entire season by playing him.