Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

Want to leave CBS, but...

'Cuz you guys probably know...

I'm tired of the high price of CBS, combined with the barrage of ads we experience regardless + the unreliability (freezes several times a year/etc).

I've looked into both ESPN and NBC (we're looking to try a free site), but there is one particular customizable setting I'm looking for that I cannot see on either: the ability to configure the league to allow each team to play TWO teams every week.

Do any of you know if there is such a capability in either site, and I'm missing it? I've emailed support for both, but am not confident they'll get back to me before week 8.

Is there another free site anyone would suggest which is capable of this configuration?

TIA

Our league plays two teams each week and we use MFL. It's a pay site though but it's worth it. It was the only site that allowed 24 teams and two games a week.

Was on cbs for many years, switched to real time fantasy same price but many more options and can use conference's and divisions and can have more them 24 teams. Also customer service is a phone call away.

Does anyone know enough about either NFL.com or ESPN.com to tell me if playing two teams each week is possible?

I was looking through the settings on my league and couldn't find a way to do it either. The most detailed control over weekly matchups I could find was manually editing the schedule that is generated after you select the number of teams and schedule length/playoff parameters.

Can't do multiple match ups on ESPN. It's very annoying, as is the inability to actually randomize your schedule every year if you just have one big division. Have to manually change it which is unecessary effort. Aside from those two things, I like ESPN.

Yeah, I just got confirmation that multiple matchups aren't available on NFL.com either. Dumb: such an easy setting to create.

I suppose if you use a site that's riddled with ads you would expect plenty of features but if you want more without ads then you need to pay up.

Never understood why people expect so many things to be free.

I suppose if you use a site that's riddled with ads you would expect plenty of features but if you want more without ads then you need to pay up.

Never understood why people expect so many things to be free.

Did you even read the thread? I've paid for CBS for years, and it's still "riddled with ads". This thread wasn't about that as much as it was about a site with a specific feature.

If you don't want to be useful to the topic, don't post in the thread.

Adblock works well vs CBS.

However the CBS page is now really annoying on mobile (responsive design vs non-responsive).... performing add/drops for example. I've been struggling through it for baseball.

And the player search doesn't work at all on mobile Chrome (I don't know about iPhone).

Anyone familiar with FleaFlicker? It's a very simple interface, but I'd have to fill a league in order to find out if it allows your team to play two teams each week - and that's what I need to know.

CBS will send you deals to come back. We were set to leave and started up at yahoo but CBS offered 50% off so we stayed. Was debating if in a day or 2 they would go to 75% off but league felt 50% off was ok to keep our league history and all he setting you cant get at other websites.

CBS will send you deals to come back. We were set to leave and started up at yahoo but CBS offered 50% off so we stayed. Was debating if in a day or 2 they would go to 75% off but league felt 50% off was ok to keep our league history and all he setting you cant get at other websites.

I did get a '50% off' one day offer from CBS, but I didn't take advantage of it. Clicking on that same link today netted a full price sign-up offer of $179.00. Not doing it.

If I was to pay for a site again, I'd do MFL.com, which definitely has everything CBS has, but appears better. I'm still holding out hope of finding a free site with the 'play two teams each week' feature. Haven't yet.

Wow 179.00. Been using mfl for 7 years. Love it

Wow 179.00. Been using mfl for 7 years. Love it

You might know this, jerry: it looks on the home page of MFL.com that there are various pricing tiers there ($10, $50, $100). What is the diffference there?

TIA

I believe those are leagues u can join. Where ur entry fee is 10, 50, 100. Those leagues have random people in them. Kind of like the yahoo pro leagues.

• Like 1

You might know this, jerry: it looks on the home page of MFL.com that there are various pricing tiers there ($10, $50, $100). What is the diffference there?

TIA

Earlybird pricing is gone for MFL, so it's 99.99 I believe. If you transfer this year's league from CBS, I think you get a discount for next year's fees. You can create a league now for free, but you have to pay before week 1 for the stat tracking to go live.

If you go there I suggest you keep it simple at first because you are bound to get overwhelmed with all of the options that can be turned on and off. You'll see when you get there.

I just brought my league back to ESPN from there because the majority of my league mates have other leagues on ESPN and it made it easier for everyone to keep track of them. Also, they're not very open to change and found the site a little behind the times aesthetically. Unfortunately for most of them it was a big enough deal to complain endlessly about it.

If you're an organized and diligent Commish you'll love it, but if you want to set it and forget it, you might as well not waist your time. I don't want to scare you away, but I think you should have the full picture before making the leap.

• Like 1

Playing in a 24 teamer on MFL (technically 2x12 teamers) with weekly double-headers. Was on MFL several years back and really liked it. Also like RTSports as well and they did double headers. You get what you pay for with the free sites. I left CBS years ago and don't miss it at all. The biggest loss was the stats, but even the other sites are better with it. RTSports allows you to export everything and does a yearly PDF for you.

• Like 1

Did you even read the thread? I've paid for CBS for years, and it's still "riddled with ads". This thread wasn't about that as much as it was about a site with a specific feature.

If you don't want to be useful to the topic, don't post in the thread.

Oops. I was thinking of your comment about a free site and forgot about the first part. I still recommend MFL as it seems to have the most customization.

• Like 1

Oops. I was thinking of your comment about a free site and forgot about the first part. I still recommend MFL as it seems to have the most customization.

Thanks - NP. I was on there a bit today to set up my leagues with the rules I'd like, and it seems like it'll do fine. Thanks for the mention!