Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

I drafted using FFT cheatsheets, did you?

I pretty much tired to make all safe picks, didn't take many chances and looked for depth over sleepers. I didn't go "off the board" for any of my picks.

I did have a question on the DST rankings though, The Eagles were ranked higher than the Seahawks, Dolphins and the Bills? Can someone explain why this is the case, last year their D wasn't that great (posted #7 overall in DST scoring).

Defenses are utterly impossible to rank outside of the top 2 or 3.

I just grab one in the last round and keep my eye on the free agents. Usually by week 4 a top 5 defense is available.

• Like 1

I find it boring to go with the flow when drafting , I like swinging for the fences when I draft . In the past when I go with everyone else my teams tend to just blend in but when I go for the homerun its title time . And that's where the big money is .

I did, but just use it more as a guide. I combined that with Fantasy Football Calculators ADP. I've used computer systems before to help with organization, but this year (after my worst fantasy football season ever) I decided to get back to the basics. Surprisingly, the pick that took the longest for me was the kicker in the 16th round. Every other pick I pretty much knew who I wanted.

I, like many others, got burned by the high FFT ranking for Toby Gerhart last year. Not to blast them for one mistake but it makes sense to use consensus rankings. Each site has it's own "out of the box" thinking on at least one or two players.

I use them........ and yes, I do trust the FFToday sheets!

And, I use their Tier Rankings to get a better assessment of where a particular player sits in relation to others. Mostly I do this towards the middle-to-end of a draft.

FFToday is the most trusted site on the web doing fantasy football these days, IMO.

I used the fftoday cheat sheet for 1 league only. I used different ones for my dynasty and auction leagues.

I use FF today cheatsheets because I dont have the time to research all players.

I take that cheatsheet and adjust based on things I have observed, scouting reports I've seen and other news I stumble upon as well as rules in my draft (which differ from FFtoday standard).

then I have what I consider to be an upgraded FFtoday spreadsheet.

In terms of deciding what to research, I usually grab another source from another website (or magazine) and compare the lists.

when I see one source has a player ranked substantially different from that other source, I do research to find out why. Assuming I find the reason (and often I do find the reason) Depending on whether I agree with the reason, I adjust my rankings a bit more.

At that point I have a spreadsheet that is very close to a finished product.

then I just keep an eye on the news the last week or so until draft day and adjust based on roster moves, depth chart changes and such.

Used it religiously before the league became ppr and it worked out really well. At the same time I would make some minor adjustments as I felt it needed. Like someone mentioned earlier I like the tier rankings.

I really like using the FFT cheatsheet with the MFL ADP data on it. Very handy having the ADP right next to each guy. Also, interesting to see guys they have rated very high that have a low ADP. Boldin is a guy FFT has rated very high compared to his ADP. Using the ADP allows you to see what guys that FFT is ranking higher than most others and adjust your drafting that way.

I really like using the FFT cheatsheet with the MFL ADP data on it. Very handy having the ADP right next to each guy. Also, interesting to see guys they have rated very high that have a low ADP. Boldin is a guy FFT has rated very high compared to his ADP. Using the ADP allows you to see what guys that FFT is ranking higher than most others and adjust your drafting that way.

The ADP data was immensely useful and I did the same thing! It was interesting to see how "off the board" some players got drafted. ADP helps keep me in check as far as knowing if I'm taking a major reach on anyone. The only thing that I went way off the ADP was for my defence, which as I've previously mentioned is excusable given the weight my league gives to DST in the scoring. Everything else I drafted was within 1 round of their predicted ADP.