Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Which IND TE in ppr?

Allen gets the tds so I would roll with him .

In a lot fewer games.

3 fewer.

Less targets...yes...less receptions...yes.

Any reason to think that is going to dramatically change? I don't think so.

I think both will get redzone looks...but in PPR Fleener is likely to be the more consistent option out of those two.

They both had 8 TDs last year.

Yes they did , when Allen was healthy in the first nine games they both played together Allen scored 7 tds to Fleeners 4 , and during the playoffs Allen had one to Fleeners zero . Allen is the guy Luck really seems to like near the goal line , but that could change with the signing of Gore .

Luck and Fleener played at Stanford together and both were drafted 2012 by IND in rounds 1 and 2.

Considering Fleener's history, I'm sticking with him until his stats tell me otherwise.

Fleener...he's just a trainwreck to watch. He gets wide open, he's an impressive looking dude, and then...whap, ball off his hands and/or face, incomplete pass. Luck throws to him a lot (more than is warranted), so his numbers were okay. But gawd...I couldn't pull the trigger. Maybe he's improved, and maybe he'll get the same volume again. Could be okay.

Wasn't a lot of his good stuff when Allen was hurt last year? Or am I misremembering?

Fleener...he's just a trainwreck to watch. He gets wide open, he's an impressive looking dude, and then...whap, ball off his hands and/or face, incomplete pass. Luck throws to him a lot (more than is warranted), so his numbers were okay. But gawd...I couldn't pull the trigger. Maybe he's improved, and maybe he'll get the same volume again. Could be okay.

Wasn't a lot of his good stuff when Allen was hurt last year? Or am I misremembering?

If fantasy were based on fairness, the best man winning and all things being right with the world, Allen wins by six furlongs. It's not. Allen in standard, Fleener in PPR.

Tough call. The difference is slight, but even in PPR it's Allen IMO. With the very deep receiving core the Colts have, I expect to see them run a lot more 3WR, 1TE alignments this year. If they do run less 2TE sets, it's going to be Fleener coming off the field and not Allen. Allen is the better all around TE and the difference in block ability is huge. That will put him on the field more than Fleener - although with the oline he may be blocking instead of running routes. Regardless, as an Indy homer I expect him to get more opportunities and he'll be a slightly better play in PPR and non-PPR formats.

If fantasy were based on fairness, the best man winning and all things being right with the world, Allen wins by six furlongs. It's not. Allen in standard, Fleener in PPR.

Maybe. But if Allen stays healthy, maybe not. Or if fleener doesn't get the same volume, definitely not.