Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Sankey or Terrence West early returns?

I dont know. West looked better in the times Redzone showed the game. I drafted Sankey and based on everything I saw I dropped him on the waiver wire to pick up David Johnson.

The Titans played Tampa so we will find out if Sankey is still a decent play all year. He could be fools gold and I have no chance of getting him back. I also dropped Devonta Freeman for Danny Woodhead. 2 starters gone.

I could have a shark move getting DJ or it will be a bust on that one with CJ2K in the mix. Sankey had 2 TDs but between the tackles he didnt look good. West looked better between the tackles. My team has depth so Im not worried right now. Im looking for players that have the potential to blow up. Sankey and Freeman dont seem like those players to me.

Still say it's going to be a mess at rb with the Titans all season . Not buying .

Still say it's going to be a mess at rb with the Titans all season . Not buying .

I'm kinda considering trading away Sankey. Not sure what his value is right now.

I don't know his value either , but I'm sure it won't be any higher .

In the post game presser Wiz said that West had a lot of work to do and that he made multiple mistakes forcing the play. He only received carries because Antonio Andrews was injured in pregame.

Sankey was praised by Wiz. He's really playing well and running hard. This coaching staff seems to be pretty straight forward with their comments. I think Sankey is the one to own for the time being. West was added for depth but could factor in if he gets up to speed quickly....but Wiz is very particular about what he wants from his RBs.

• Like 1

I also own Sankey.

in one league I was drafting late, noticed he was the only starting RB on the board. Most of the top backups were also gone. So I grabbed him thinking that if Mariota lit it up, he had the potential to put some numbers up.

this has exceeded my expectations, but we also have to realize they are up against Tampa. They had a very poor defense last year, and I dont feel that situation has changed.

I'm waiting to see what comes out of the next game. I am Cautiously optomistic. But if someone made me a good offer on Sankey, I'd be inclined to take it.

I would shop him and I would not wait .

Sankey definitely looked better in week 1.

Wests numbers were mediocre, and he had a fumble.

Its looking like Sankey is one or two good weeks away from locking up the #1 job.

For what it's worth, I tried to shop him for Greg Olsen. I need the help at TE.

No dice. Other owner said he was horrible last year. That is correct. I'm praying he has another big week and then maybe people will think the stink has worn off.

Unless you have an owner who is a Tennessee fan to trade with, I can't see trading Sankey right now. He has true potential to blow up and be a great player, but after last season nobody is going to believe until they see several games of it. (So you won't get good value and could miss out on big potential.)

Unless you have an owner who is a Tennessee fan to trade with, I can't see trading Sankey right now. He has true potential to blow up and be a great player, but after last season nobody is going to believe until they see several games of it. (So you won't get good value and could miss out on big potential.)

I agree with this. I'd actually go so far as to TARGET the guy in a trade. He is probably cheap and has a chance to be a nice Flex play each week.

West got those extra carries because of the blow out. Titans had their backups in by late 3rd quarter.

• Like 1

West has talent, but coaches get frustrated with him because he is dumber than a stick.

For what it's worth, I tried to shop him for Greg Olsen. I need the help at TE.

No dice. Other owner said he was horrible last year. That is correct. I'm praying he has another big week and then maybe people will think the stink has worn off.

I agree with prior posters.

Sankey has some potential for sure.

I know this years offense is more similar to the offense that he played in during his college days, so the odds of him doing well have gone up substantially (in my opinion)

I also think having a QB that is good enough to keep teams from stacking the box will also help the run game.

so the arrow is pointed up for Sankey. To what degree he can take advantage is anybody's guess.

I think he can potentially be a RB2, but can also end up as a RB3. It does not look like West is a serious threat to his job at this time, but if you own Sankey, it may not be a bad idea to acquire West on the Cheap so all the bases are covered in that backfield.

in my auction draft, I got Sankey and west for $1 each and then west got traded to Tennessee. so I have the whole Tenessee Backfield and it cost $2. If one of those two players puts up even RB3 numbers I'm doing ok there. The only risk is that of keeping them on the roster at the expense of others on the waiver wire.

if, however, Sankey steps up (and it looks like he might) I may have gotten a RB2 for super cheap. A guy cannot argue with that.

with all this being said.....

if you are looking to Trade Sankey, you need at least one more good game from him(maybe even two) before people will start believing.

At that point you will have people making offers.

Picked him up off waivers last week and had him inactive. I am starting him this week. West only got the action because of the lopsided score and couldn't get in the end zone on multiple short yardage attempts. I think the West show helped cement more future carries for Sankey. I would give him up only for a RB ranked much higher as his value is greater than the current consensus.

Picked him up off waivers last week and had him inactive. I am starting him this week. West only got the action because of the lopsided score and couldn't get in the end zone on multiple short yardage attempts. I think the West show helped cement more future carries for Sankey. I would give him up only for a RB ranked much higher as his value is greater than the current consensus.

this is good info.

I looked at Sankey's workload and was concerned it was gonna be the same as last year (underutilized player). Having only watched portions of the game, I had concerns about this. If it is a case where Wests carries all came in the 4th Quarter when the game was out of reach, then my comfort level with this is considerably better. In a closer game it's fair to assume Sankey may have received more work.

this is good info.

I looked at Sankey's workload and was concerned it was gonna be the same as last year (underutilized player). Having only watched portions of the game, I had concerns about this. If it is a case where Wests carries all came in the 4th Quarter when the game was out of reach, then my comfort level with this is considerably better. In a closer game it's fair to assume Sankey may have received more work.

Sankey and all starters were benched by the 3rd quarter. Another reason I liked Wright mentioned in another thread was that he got 2.5 quarters of work with some of that already in conservative play calling mode. Sankey and Wright both did all their work in about 4 actual offensive drives.

Sankey and all starters were benched by the 3rd quarter. Another reason I liked Wright mentioned in another thread was that he got 2.5 quarters of work with some of that already in conservative play calling mode. Sankey and Wright both did all their work in about 4 actual offensive drives.

I like the tactic too.

no point giving opposing teams in future games more film to look at.

I like the tactic too.

no point giving opposing teams in future games more film to look at.

Exactly this. Mariotta was also not used at all on the run. I'm not naive to say that the Titans are some offensive juggernaut, but I think their players are certainly pointing up with more to come.

Exactly this. Mariotta was also not used at all on the run. I'm not naive to say that the Titans are some offensive juggernaut, but I think their players are certainly pointing up with more to come.

yep, and theres not a lot of tape to look at on the Offense either. With them all sitting in Q4, this plays to their advantage.

Anyone rolling with Sankey this week? I am contemplating starting him over Steve Smith this week. Smith looked awful last week but Talib was on him and Raiders secondary stinks. Love the matchup Sankey has but nor sure I trust him just yet.

the real problem with Sankey is that we dont really know what we have in him yet.

I have one league where I'm thin at RB and have an injury where I'll give him a try. My other league he will probably sit on my bench for one more week.

I know the matchup is good, and he could put up RB2 or even low end RB1 numbers. I think the downside risk is that of a RB3. So I dont think the risk is super high if your one of your starting RB's currently is a low end RB2.

But if you have established RB's with reasonable matchups, I dont see a need to risk it at this time. It would be foolish to sit someone like Forte for him.

the real problem with Sankey is that we dont really know what we have in him yet.

I have one league where I'm thin at RB and have an injury where I'll give him a try. My other league he will probably sit on my bench for one more week.

I know the matchup is good, and he could put up RB2 or even low end RB1 numbers. I think the downside risk is that of a RB3. So I dont think the risk is super high if your one of your starting RB's currently is a low end RB2.

But if you have established RB's with reasonable matchups, I dont see a need to risk it at this time. It would be foolish to sit someone like Forte for him.

He is a flex guy it would be between him and Steve Smith

Agreed. I'm sitting Gore for him. Pure matchup play.

Agreed. I'm sitting Gore for him. Pure matchup play.

I'd sit gore for him too. Gore is a RB2, and hasnt looked good so far.

hes another guy who needs to sit if you have other reasonable options.

I'd sit gore for him too. Gore is a RB2, and hasnt looked good so far.

hes another guy who needs to sit if you have other reasonable options.

It's interesting because I have CJ and Gore and knew the first two weeks were going to really suck. But the rest of the season looks so good...for the rest of the year.

It's interesting because I have CJ and Gore and knew the first two weeks were going to really suck. But the rest of the season looks so good...for the rest of the year.

Well, I guess we will find out of Gore is done or not in a couple of weeks. I hope hes not done, but deep down I feel like he is.

as for CJ, he has certainly underperformed.

I never thought he was as good as his stats showed late last year, but never thought he was as bad as what hes shown so far this year.

The real problem there is the line he runs behind.

the schedule will improve here so we may see better results for at least one of them. My bet is that if either of them turns it around it will be CJ, but I'd bet against him doing what he did late last year. The numbers wont be THAT good.

• Like 1