Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Any thoughts on Gurley or Spiller this week ?

I know Pit will be rolling their stud out, of course not coming off an injury.... but the game flow may suggest that Fisher lets him play more than he said. Spiller on the other hand will get a lot more touches... seems like dump off passes will be in the game plan. I am leaning on Spiller being more startable in a ppr this week

Todd Gurley will eat this weekend!

ya I dont know if i buy into that Fisher speak this week, playing against a high powered offense. Gurely has been practicing in full for 2 weeks now. If he bust a few good runs I dont know why they would take him out. Hmm, gonna have to watch all the pregame Sunday morning and maybe get a better insight on the 2

I'm a Ram fan all my life. It's been tough lol witnessed a Super Bowl saw some great seasons. The Rams are very protective of the new weapon no need to force the issue in the run game Tre Mason is out there now, we all saw Benny Cunningham put up something. At best 50/30/20 3 way. Gruley will be the guy but not this soon. Even with a major run I don't think they would risk it. Remember new QB in town too. This is a new direction for the Rams.

Hope it helps.

Go Rams!

I'm a Ram fan all my life. It's been tough lol witnessed a Super Bowl saw some great seasons. The Rams are very protective of the new weapon no need to force the issue in the run game Tre Mason is out there now, we all saw Benny Cunningham put up something. At best 50/30/20 3 way. Gruley will be the guy but not this soon. Even with a major run I don't think they would risk it. Remember new QB in town too. This is a new direction for the Rams.

Hope it helps.

Go Rams!

This .. agreed.. I have Gurley on my roster, loved him at Georgia.. but not this soon.. He's a big part of your future O.. There's no point in risking it all for 15 carries this week.

I wouldn't want to start either of them this week. I guess Spiller has a little more upside, but that's minimal.

Spiller is a wasted roster spot if you have him.

how can you even say that ???? we havent even seen him yet.... I got him at 7.1. Not a bad risk reward

I have more faith in spiller for ppr this week then gurley

thanks, I believe you are right. He has already had his warm up game and Luke K is out this week.

Spiller is a wasted roster spot if you have him.

I have him on one of my rosters and I feel the same way. I didn't even want him but my comp disconnected during an online auction draft and an autobid was placed on him. P*ssed me off b/c I was saving the little money I had left to get Ivory. Now, I feel like I have to hold onto him hoping he proves me wrong (and the ww options aren't any better).

Spiller has done nothing since 2012 it is 2015. He is what he is. A unreliable crap runningback behind an atrocius oline. And he might twist an ankle getting out or into bed. Wish you Spiller lovers the best of luck. But you should drop him 2 yrs ago.

As a Rams fan, I honestly have no idea what to expect from the Rams or Gurley this week. They are incredibly inconsistent from week to week. Under Fisher they do tend to play well against better opponents, especially at home. I expect a good effort tomorrow. I'm assuming it will be a committee approach at RB for this week, but if Gurley breaks off some good runs I think he'll garner the lion's share of the carries.

Of course, you always to have to be prepared for the possibility the Rams totally sh!t the bed and none of their RB's go for more than 40 yards.

Spiller will have an RB2 type of day. They are gonna lean on him and Ingram heavily with Luke McCown back there. If they get down early which will probably happen it'll be spiller with a lot of screens and check downs

Spiller has done nothing since 2012 it is 2015. He is what he is. A unreliable crap runningback behind an atrocius oline. And he might twist an ankle getting out or into bed. Wish you Spiller lovers the best of luck. But you should drop him 2 yrs ago.

Don't see many "Spiller lovers" in this thread - I see people who would choose Spiller over Gurley THIS WEEK. I own Gurley and would never own Spiller but for this particular week, Spiller makes more sense. He should see plenty of touches, particularly for ppr purposes while Gurley from all reports might get 6-8. I am benching Gurley this week with the hopes that he becomes a huge part of my team within the next few weeks.

I've flipped Spiller and Randle back and forth several times this week. I do like Spiller's potential upside this week, but I'm worried he's going to break.

Randle, on the other hand, can run on ATL - and I gotta believe they're going to try to control the clock against ATL. I've got Randle in there at the moment. Ugh.

I still have him benched, but I think this is the first week he looks like Sproles for da Saints.