Sign in to follow this  
Boilermaker04

Abdullah out of the doghouse?

Any homers heard if they're giving him the start against CHI or still teaching him a lesson? Trying to get a guess on snap count for what should be a great matchup...

I have Abdullah slated to start on my team because I'm short of options. As mentioned above this team is a trainwreck. Luckily, the Bears are too. I picked up Rawls and an waiting for updates about Lynch. If Rawls is running the rock again Abdullah is coming out of my lineup.

I haven't heard much about Abdullah's status but the Lions are short of options. Bell has done nothing. He might split time with Zenner. Or maybe the run game will even be reduced and Riddick will be in for many pass plays.

Who knows? I wouldn't start him unless absolutely neccessary.

Even as the starter Abdullah gets 9 carries for 7 yards. Meanwhile Riddick catches 9 balls. Makes me sick.

Looks like J. Bell had full practice on Wed. I'm short on options too with Charles going down, and just picked up Bell. That means I'm carrying TWO Detriot RB's right now. God help me.

I find it hard to believe AA gets many touches if Bell is back IMO.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/lions-joique-bell-full-practice-wednesday/

I dropped him for West.

With that being said - expect 200 APY & 3 TDS.

I say give him one more shot before you punt him. Good matchup this week if you are short on options.

If Detroit continues its ineptitude this week, then punt this guy or at least bench him until you see the light shine again in Stafford's eyes.

J Bell is back at practice and Riddick is the better player in the passing game I think it's time to let Abdullah go

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/10/15/detroit-lions-ameer-abdullah-fumbles/74001232/

Lions staff saying that fumbles will not limit Abdullah's workload (yet). Reassuring for those of us short on options at RB this week.

Running a guy in obvious situations 9 times is not a workload, they should try running him 30 times before burying him, then maybe they wont have the need to make Riddick there number 1 option in the passing game.

Riddick is also hobbled with a groin injury. If he can't break out now then he might never.

Looks like Bell is questionable once again , so Abdullah should get a lot of work only guy of the three left .

Bell is not a threat to Ameer. If he was being outrushed I'd be worried, but he isn't, the whole team stinks. Ameer has been pretty much the only playmaker. The coaches decided that Theo Riddick is their Mariano Rivera at the end of games which is another bonehead call. Ameer has made plays in the passing game and is just as good at that role. Might be worse in pass pro, I haven't seen.

Problem is Abdullah has not been much of a play maker . If Bell gets healthy he will take away a lot of early down work from Abdulhah and the Lions seem happy with Riddick in the passing game . Of the nine leagues I'm in Abdullah is a free agent in 4 of them he has done very little since game one .

I'm beginning to sense my optimism has some bias on this guy..... I knew he was underperforming but not waiver fodder.

Can't see anyone worth dropping him for so he'll sit on my bench for the foreseeable future. Probably maybe.

I try to ignore or dismiss "hunches" because they are almost always logically flawed; I can't shake a projection of like 120 apy a td and 5-6 receptions this week. Yes, CHI is that bad.

I traded Duke Johnson, Moncrief and Ameer for Hyde and Landry and was laughed at by a guy who says I made a bad move. I clearly upgraded and now my RBs are Freeman, Martin and Hyde.

I traded Duke Johnson, Moncrief and Ameer for Hyde and Landry and was laughed at by a guy who says I made a bad move. I clearly upgraded and now my RBs are Freeman, Martin and Hyde.

That's a great trade. I would take Hyde and Landry any day..

Problem is Abdullah has not been much of a play maker . If Bell gets healthy he will take away a lot of early down work from Abdulhah and the Lions seem happy with Riddick in the passing game . Of the nine leagues I'm in Abdullah is a free agent in 4 of them he has done very little since game one .

He dances too much and can't run between the tackles. When Bell gets healthy, he's the guy to own.