Sign in to follow this  
megatron's mom

Floyd a must play with Allen out in SD?

Seems like a good pick , but Floyd does seem to disappear after a good game for a few weeks . Not sure I would trust him .

I think Stevie Johnson is the more complete WR and probably has the lower floor, but Floyd will sometimes just flat out explode like last week.

Gates

Looking at games from last season where Allen was out, Floyd was mediocre. I'm a Chargers homer and he flashes every now and then, but he just isn't good enough to scare defenses consistently. I believe he makes big plays more as a byproduct of defenses forgetting about him.

From what I read, Stevie runs his routes a little different than most receivers so corners have a hard time covering him, but his qbs have a tougher time zeroing in on him too.

In three wide receiver sets, I believe Chargers will have Floyd and Inman on the outside stretching the field and Stevie, Gates, and Woodhead working the area underneath.

• Like 1

In one league where I am decimated with injuries and byes, I am starting Floyd, Stevie, and Inman.

Never done that before. :bandana:

Looking at games from last season where Allen was out, Floyd was mediocre. I'm a Chargers homer and he flashes every now and then, but he just isn't good enough to scare defenses consistently. I believe he makes big plays more as a byproduct of defenses forgetting about him.

From what I read, Stevie runs his routes a little different than most receivers so corners have a hard time covering him, but his qbs have a tougher time zeroing in on him too.

In three wide receiver sets, I believe Chargers will have Floyd and Inman on the outside stretching the field and Stevie, Gates, and Woodhead working the area underneath.

Does Inman offer a higher upside than Floyd as the season progresses? If I had to take a guess, I would assume yes, considering Floyd has been in SD for quite some time and has never been able to establish himself as The Man.

Stevie and Malcom were both picked up in my League.

Inman was not.

I need a WR just for this week, is Inman a good option, or equal to Floyd, just for MNF ?

Stevie and Malcom were both picked up in my League.

Inman was not.

I need a WR just for this week, is Inman a good option, or equal to Floyd, just for MNF ?

Dontrelle Inman's initials stand for (D)o (I)t!

Does Inman offer a higher upside than Floyd as the season progresses? If I had to take a guess, I would assume yes, considering Floyd has been in SD for quite some time and has never been able to establish himself as The Man.

Last season, during the last two games of the season when Allen was out, Inman posted decent numbers for a flex option in PPR leagues. 12 catches for 158 yards. His snap count was clearly third, behind a Eddie Royal and Malcolm Floyd. Target distribution was surprisingly generous between Floyd, Royal, Gates, and Inman. But a major difference between last season and this season is Danny Woodhead. He was out most of last season.

So it's likely Gates, Woodhead, Johnson, Floyd eat first then scraps for Inman.

Last season, during the last two games of the season when Allen was out, Inman posted decent numbers for a flex option in PPR leagues. 12 catches for 158 yards. His snap count was clearly third, behind a Eddie Royal and Malcolm Floyd. Target distribution was surprisingly generous between Floyd, Royal, Gates, and Inman. But a major difference between last season and this season is Danny Woodhead. He was out most of last season.

So it's likely Gates, Woodhead, Johnson, Floyd eat first then scraps for Inman.

Thanks