Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

James Jones

Guy couldn't be stopped for his 1st several weeks in GB. Seemed like a set-it-and-forget-it WR1. However, he has dropped off a cliff. So, what gives?

Yes, the GB offense had been horrible during the last 3 weeks, but last week he was held without a catch. Age and mediocrity catching up to him? Anyone holding out hope? Anyone still starting him?

This is a curious case. Do Adams and Montgomery now relegate him to fantasy obscurity or does he bounce back strong?

Guy couldn't be stopped for his 1st several weeks in GB. Seemed like a set-it-and-forget-it WR1. However, he has dropped off a cliff. So, what gives?

Yes, the GB offense had been horrible during the last 3 weeks, but last week he was held without a catch. Age and mediocrity catching up to him? Anyone holding out hope? Anyone still starting him?

This is a curious case. Does Adama and Montgomery now relegate him to fantasy obscurity or does he bounce back strong?

Just regression toward the mean. His TD's all came in games with 5 targets or less – the first red flag. 'Couldn't be stopped' is overstating his production. The only game in which he had more then 5 catches was against KC – a game in which they were not stopping anyone in a green jersey.

I think this is going to be a hard offense to trust for fantasy purposes over the next few weeks. That Adams target number is intriguing, but I can't remember the last time I saw Rodgers throw the ball 50 times. It also doesn't help they play AZ Championship week. In 12+ team leagues I think Jones is a safe drop.

Yeah i was on the band wagon early on but I dropped on the few teams I had a couple of weeks ago.

I traded him for dez as soon as dez got hurt with an eye to the playoffs. at the time it looked like a good trade for him as jones was posting wr numbers. It should pay off starting this week.

Just regression toward the mean. His TD's all came in games with 5 targets or less – the first red flag. 'Couldn't be stopped' is overstating his production. The only game in which he had more then 5 catches was against KC – a game in which they were not stopping anyone in a green jersey.

I think this is going to be a hard offense to trust for fantasy purposes over the next few weeks. That Adams target number is intriguing, but I can't remember the last time I saw Rodgers throw the ball 50 times. It also doesn't help they play AZ Championship week. In 12+ team leagues I think Jones is a safe drop.

Agreed about their offense. I do think Jones would have more value as an FF starter than Adams if his usage remained the same (I'm assuming it hasn't). Adams was miserable last week; any GB homers who can speak to whether or not Adams can do anything well? Throws to him are wasted if that was what he normally looks like. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones start to get more playing time again, as he can at least catch the damn football. I've posted this article several times, but I have trouble getting over it; the author indicates that this is not an anomaly. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2015/film-room-davante-adams

I traded him for dez as soon as dez got hurt with an eye to the playoffs. at the time it looked like a good trade for him as jones was posting wr numbers. It should pay off starting this week.

I disagree , that was a awful trade for him and a good trade for you congrats .

I traded James Jones for Legarrette Blount a few weeks back.

IMO Jones should not be in any starting lineups right now and might be droppable soon.

His floor is scary low.

I was offered LeSean McCoy and James Jones for Antonio Brown. Now the guy is debating about Gurley. I told him Brown might have 2 more games with 200 yards and I wouldn't take Peterson.

Green Bay is a mess. Starts with the Head Coach IMO.

Quite the opposite in my opinion. Taking the playbook out of McCarthy's hands and putting it into the Quarterbacks coach's has clearly been an experiment gone bad.

What here can be attributed to the head coach?

If it was McCarthys call to hand the playbook over to the qb coach that would be his attribute to the problem

If it was McCarthys call to hand the playbook over to the qb coach that would be his attribute to the problem

Duh. You can't take an effect and make it the cause. It's a logically fallacy of the highest order.

If your mom tell's you take your shoes off so as to not get mud on the floor, you do, but then slip and fall, you can't blame the fall on her.

And that doesn't happen ?

And that doesn't happen ?

My point.

Your head.

As an aside, 11 targets this week to Adams' 4. Packer fan, watched entire game. He and Adams basically switched routes.

Adams got 21 targets last week, and that was most pathetic display the Packers put on all year. Obviously the coaches learned something.

Of course James Jones come back to life this week .

Love how he was wearing a hoodie under his jersey, like it was a backyard game with the neighborhood kids back in the day. :thumbsup:

Adams got 21 targets last week, and that was most pathetic display the Packers put on all year. Obviously the coaches learned something.

Agreed; I expect Jones' resurgence to continue.

......my, how opinions can change in a weeks time.

Basically, nobody has any freakin' idea what they are talking about, and most of what we read is just knee-jerk reactions?

Love how he was wearing a hoodie under his jersey, like it was a backyard game with the neighborhood kids back in the day. :thumbsup:

I said the exact same thing. I grew up in WI and it reminded me of tackle football on snow days.

The GB offense needs to run through Jones. I think they finally figured it out. Too bad for all the Jones owners who gave up on him. You have to play the game within the game.

......my, how opinions can change in a weeks time.

Basically, nobody has any freakin' idea what they are talking about, and most of what we read is just knee-jerk reactions?

Well, last week's game was revealing. It wasn't Jones's performance this week - I was looking for him in case he was on waivers before the games, as I was in need of a good WR4 with Sanders questionable -- it was getting to see and read about how Adams fails to succeed at any aspect of playing WR with consistency. However, experts I read generally did keep talking about his target numbers even after the game, and they generally seemed to conclude that his poor efficiency was more likely an anomaly. So, I tend to agree with you, at least from FF columnists.