Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Zero RB Stratergy Playoffs

How is it working out for you now?

Made the playoffs with a first round bye. Scored points for the year with six points for the week payouts. Drafted Brown/OBJ/Hopkins. Great call by FFT to those of us who did it. Took some bawls but it worked. Till now.

I don't see Browm or OBJ carrying my team anymore. At least not this week. Rough road ahead. Good run though. And fun seeing my three WR 1-2-3 for much of the season.

I expect a loss with the matchups. Curious how well anybody does this week and next week if they did the Zero RB Stat.

None of those WR's made our playoffs one guy had Hoppy and OBJ. His team looked scarey to me and he made a late season run including beating me in the last game costing me a bye.

My first three were Gronk, Julio, and Deandre so I too have had success this and made the playoffs. However, I panicked and traded Gronk and Chris Johnson for Doug Martin and Arian Foster. Unfortunately for me Foster went down, but I believe my trade was brilliant for me. It just didn't work out.

• Like 1

I still don't like the zero RB strategy. There were probably some people who drafted Dez, Calvin, Cobb, Hilton, J.Matthews, Allen, D.Adams, etc with their first few picks and have been frustrated.

That said, I do think taking 2-3 RBs with your first 3 picks is now a dead strategy. Just too risky.

The take-away from years like this with so many RB injuries is probably to get at least 2-3 WRs with your first 5 picks, and at least 1-2 RBs, and maybe Gronk. Otherwise wait until rounds 6 or later on QB, wait on your 3rd RB, and wait on TE (unless it's Gronk). That seems to be the take-away for me. If I have one of the first picks, I will still likely take one of the stud RBs, and then go WR-WR. If I have a later first rd pick, I will likely go WR-WR.

• Like 1

None of those WR's made our playoffs one guy had Hoppy and OBJ. His team looked scarey to me and he made a late season run including beating me in the last game costing me a bye.

Seriously? I've got 5 teams in the playoffs that have either of those guys. Chris Ivory is on four of them who I got around round 8 in mostly 12 team leagues. WW for the other backs.

Top RBs and WRs based on FFCalculator ADP in August 2015........... vs where they're currently ranked among their positions in my league.

1. A Peterson................... 2

2. L Bell...........................34

3. E Lacy.........................32

4. J Charles.....................43

5. M Lynch.......................52

1. A Brown.......................1

2. J Jones........................2

3. D Bryant......................80

4. D Thomas....................10

5. O Beckham..................3

Drafting a RB is a crap shoot.

• Like 1

Seriously? I've got 5 teams in the playoffs that have either of those guys. Chris Ivory is on four of them who I got around round 8 in mostly 12 team leagues. WW for the other backs.

Yea crazy only thing I can think of they played high scorer for a particular week to week. I know I was lucky this year played the low scorer at least 3 times this year. I do have Ivory on my team 12 team league and Chris Johnson until he went down.

Talked to most of the other owners in the leagues I'm in and they seem to like the one rb ideal , so going to roll with that way next season .

• Like 1

In 12G1C we had two teams that didnt take a RB in the first three rounds. Neither made the playoffs.

One went Beckham/Rodgers/MikeEvans (and followed that up with Melvin Gordon, L Blount, Seattle D in the 7th, another defense in the 9th and a kicker in the 12th :shakes head:)

The other went DBryant/Gronk/Sanders. (and followed that up with Ingram Brees and Stewart, and got no late round value other than some late season value from Doug Baldwin)

The two top teams went:

1) Julio/RCobb/LMIller (and got value out of their 6th round pick A Robinson 14th rounder A Hurns and WW pickup Chris Johnson)

and

2)DThomas/Forte/Landry (but hit the late round RB lotto trifecta of Doug Martin in the 6th, Gio Bernard in the 7th and Devonta Freeman in the 12th)

In a keeper league where a lot of RBs were off the board I had quite possibly the worst first 3 picks ever. Lynch, Abdullah, and Spiller. I'm somehow in the semis with a chance to make the SB today and since Rawls went out my starting RBs this week are Bilal Powell and Brandon Boldin. I have started Bilal the last two weeks and he is my fantasy playoffs hero so far with 17+ both matchups.

In a keeper league where a lot of RBs were off the board I had quite possibly the worst first 3 picks ever. Lynch, Abdullah, and Spiller. I'm somehow in the semis with a chance to make the SB today and since Rawls went out my starting RBs this week are Bilal Powell and Brandon Boldin. I have started Bilal the last two weeks and he is my fantasy playoffs hero so far with 17+ both matchups.

Nice move with Powell. 2 or 3 years ago he had a nice multi week run and helped me out. I was thinking about picking him this week but didn't. He looked good last night - wish I had seen him in a game the prior few weeks.

Great call by FFT to those of us who did it.

It's been around for years. If FFT brought it up just this year, they are pretty late to it.