Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

am i the bad guy here?

Jesus....ok...this isnt world war 3 in our family. It got brought up, and i just didnt commit right away bc my family might want to do something....and they acted put out about it and laid guilt trips

No..i dont ever have a birthday party and dont need presents, but it was more the lack of consideration.

Jesus....ok...this isnt world war 3 in our family. It got brought up, and i just didnt commit right away bc my family might want to do something....and they acted put out about it and laid guilt trips

No..i dont ever have a birthday party and dont need presents, but it was more the lack of consideration.

On your part. Yes. Knowing is half the battle.

When I was 13 my cousin got married on my birfday. I was like OMG$%#@%$#@@!!! How can they steal my middle school attention?! That's basically how I view this. :(

Don't worry I understand what you're saying. You're not upset about it like some idiots here think you are. You upset over the fact that they know it's your bday but are being inconsiderate towards you about it. I got married on my sisters bday. However, I asked if she would be ok with that first. It's the act of being considerate to someone that this is about. Not the actual fact that you're upset that they took over your big day

When I was 13 my cousin got married on my birfday. I was like OMG$%#@%$#@@!!! How can they steal my middle school attention?! That's basically how I view this. :(

My wife's grandmother died a few days before my birthday years ago and they held the funeral on MY day. :mad:

Look on the bright side, you will probably only have to

deal with this every year for about the next 14 years plus or minus!