Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

Favorite FF site recommendation needed

I commish a 12 team .5ppr performance/distance scoring league with a flex positions and a couple of other small tweaks. I am looking to relocate the league from MFL.com. I gave them a try last year, but was disappointed in the antiquated GUI.

Not every site offers the ability to create leagues which allow more than one opponent each week. I would like recommendations from the posters here!

It does not have to be a free site. I've tried CBS (crashed/froze often; expensive and still ran irritating ads), NFL, ESPN and Yahoo. Each have their pluses and minuses - and I like most of their GUIs, but the inability to set up multiple weekly opponents has me looking elsewhere.

Whatchew think?

I like Fleaflicker, although I haven't looked into having multiple opponents.

• Like 1

I think I must have heard about Fleaflicker from here in the past, as I just saw that I have an account there. I've contacted them to ask the question.

I also have another question: why doesn't this site set up a league hosting arm?

If I was this deep into fantasy I would set something up like MFL10s. They rake in the cash.

Update: Fleaflicker does not have the ability to arrange multiple opponents per week. They are very responsive to questions though.

Try this one. I have two leagues in here and it's really a good site for players.

http://www.rtsports.com/

This is my choice. It has everything I need; it's more intuitive than others I have used, and I like the GUI. Thanks!

I like... don't love... but like NFL. It's decent and free.

I'm in a league there. There is no multiple opponent option there.

Try this one. I have two leagues in here and it's really a good site for players.

http://www.rtsports.com/

This was going to be my answer - been there for over ten years and they are always making it better every year.

• Like 1

This was going to be my answer - been there for over ten years and they are always making it better every year.

Ditto. Outstanding customer service too. :thumbsup:

I commish a 12 team .5ppr performance/distance scoring league with a flex positions and a couple of other small tweaks. I am looking to relocate the league from MFL.com. I gave them a try last year, but was disappointed in the antiquated GUI.

Not every site offers the ability to create leagues which allow more than one opponent each week. I would like recommendations from the posters here!

It does not have to be a free site. I've tried CBS (crashed/froze often; expensive and still ran irritating ads), NFL, ESPN and Yahoo. Each have their pluses and minuses - and I like most of their GUIs, but the inability to set up multiple weekly opponents has me looking elsewhere.

Whatchew think?

Not to be an idiot, but what are GUIs? Have used MFL for years, it's a great site though pricey.

Not to be an idiot, but what are GUIs? Have used MFL for years, it's a great site though pricey.

GUI stands for Graphic User Interface. Not a fan of the appearance of MFL; regardless of where one puts the boxes, or what pictures are added, it's still an antiquated - almost DOS like - interface. The FAAB is cumbersome and annoying, and it's just not that clean.

I like rtsports better so far, but it's really early to draw conclusions. They're both about the same money.

GUI stands for Graphic User Interface. Not a fan of the appearance of MFL; regardless of where one puts the boxes, or what pictures are added, it's still an antiquated - almost DOS like - interface. The FAAB is cumbersome and annoying, and it's just not that clean.

I like rtsports better so far, but it's really early to draw conclusions. They're both about the same money.

Yeah sorry, thought that might be what you were referring to. For us, that site has done everything we've asked. Taxi squad, IR, contracts, keeper data, even home field advantage. I think it's the cream of the crop, but that's just me. You pays your money you takes your choice.

• Like 1

Yeah sorry, thought that might be what you were referring to. For us, that site has done everything we've asked. Taxi squad, IR, contracts, keeper data, even home field advantage. I think it's the cream of the crop, but that's just me. You pays your money you takes your choice.

Yeah MFL has the most options by far. I think it's hard to make all of those options not clunky. One of my dynasty leagues tried switching to cbs. It was HORRIBLE. The chat is so nice on MFL. And I don't mind cbs at all for redraft.

I absolutely hate the MFL waiver system for blind bidding on free agents. It sucks. Most overrated site period.

• Like 2

I absolutely hate the MFL waiver system for blind bidding on free agents. It sucks. Most overrated site period.

I'll give you that, and compounded when submitting it mobile.

Have used MFL for years, it's a great site though pricey.

RTSports is $10-$20 more than MFL depending on # of teams/two player pools and CBS is 2x any site's price (and rising each year).

I find the complaining about MFL's waiver dropdowns overrated. On the other sites - CBS, ESPN, etc. - you have to navigate through so many pages (find a player, click on add, pick a drop, hit enter, now go find another player and repeat the process). And then you have to repeat the process multiple times for the same player-add if you want to add multiple guys and conditionally drop guys from your roster in a specific order. While MFL DESPERATELY needs to upgrade its functionality, at least each Round/Group you enter is self-contained on one page... the player list, your drop list, entering in a price, etc. Putting the MY_PENDING_WAIVERS module on a league's home page is a must IMO but very few commishes use it. An upgrade (sorely really needed for mobile which so many people use now) would clinch the deal.

I don't know what RTSports' mobile experience is like (their own app?) but I don't like RT's website look. I didn't know a single line of code or designed anything before MFL... but I've learned on my own and via their forums to maximize my MFL site. Part of the problem is people pick the absolute worst looking skins MFL provides and put ZERO effort (other than complaining) into their site/user experience.

RTSports is $10-$20 more than MFL depending on # of teams/two player pools and CBS is 2x any site's price (and rising each year).

I find the complaining about MFL's waiver dropdowns overrated. On the other sites - CBS, ESPN, etc. - you have to wait for so many pages to load (find a player, click on add, pick a drop, hit enter, now go find another player and repeat the process). While MFL DESPERATELY needs to upgrade its functionality, at least each Round/Group you enter is self-contained on one page... the player list, your drop list, entering in a price, etc. An upgrade (sorely really needed for mobile which so many people use now) would clinch the deal.

I don't know what RTSports' mobile experience is like (their own app?) but I don't like RT's website look. I am not a coder/web designer but I've learned on my own and via their forums to maximize my MFL site. Part of the problem is people just pick the absolute worst looking skins MFL provides and put ZERO effort into making the site look decent.

Wow that's nice looking

tried to get away from MFL for years (mainly for costs), but I keep coming back. Their options are the best and given my league is kinda unique and complicated it allows for that flexibility.

just run it on paper like a man. :thumbsup:

the newspaper sports section has all the data you need. :banana: