Sign in to follow this  
doggiestyles

Thoughts on Shaun Draughns

Next man up.

Diffently worth a pick up.

Worth owning, more than quite a few other "handcuffs." On top of Hyde's concussion issue, we saw last year that Chip Kelly's second back can get a lot of usage based on tempo. Draughn is far from anything special, but I think his situation makes him a plus backup.

He's a nice guy who could be a fill in if he is starting. Starting him right off the bat though? I wouldn't be very comfortable with it unless I had taken a very hard stance on zero rb.

He is available in two of my leagues and could end up starting week one. :shocking:

Why would he be starting Week One?

did they say what grade of concussion he had?

Did he lose consciousness with either concussion?

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/27585

ok here is Hyde's injury history.

this is the only concussion listed. but if his first concussion was in college, those often went unreported.

Can someone provide more info on the first concussion of his career?

I would say if you are really considering back ups for the 49ers, you are really desperate. Hey we have all been there.

Draughn will get the ball if Hyde isn't playing so he's worth a shot, if you are desperate. Just keep expectations low.

I would say if you are really considering back ups for the 49ers, you are really desperate. Hey we have all been there.

Draughn will get the ball if Hyde isn't playing so he's worth a shot, if you are desperate. Just keep expectations low.

hes more than likely a guy you dont keep on your roster. Hes a waiver wire pickup if Hyde goes down.

In PPR leagues, he's someone you can bench now if you have the space.