Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Russell Wilson...any upside this week?

Every week I find excuses to start him, and every week he continues to burn me. This week it's MNF (showcase game!) against a team having to travel cross-country (albeit one that's great at stopping QBs not named Brady). Plus, there are reports he might lose the knee braces, and he looked a little more mobile against NO.

I'm sure I'm just grasping at straws again. But the other options (Mariota, Bradford, Tannehill, Keenum, McCown, etc) aren't wowing me either.

Is there any reason to keep this turd, or should he finally be flushed?

I have started him every week and this week I am benching him for Dak against Cleveland. That being said, now he will go off for 5 TDs.

Like Tannehill vs the Jets.

I picked him up on the cheap as a trade add in a few weeks back even though I have Matt Ryan, just hoping that he'd get better and I might have something for the 2nd half of the year.

I dropped him after the NO game, and am back to going with no backup QB.

I may try to pick up Dak too. I'm so,over Wilson. I probably won't cut him but until he shows me something, he is useless.

Every week I find excuses to start him, and every week he continues to burn me. This week it's MNF (showcase game!) against a team having to travel cross-country (albeit one that's great at stopping QBs not named Brady). Plus, there are reports he might lose the knee braces, and he looked a little more mobile against NO.

I'm sure I'm just grasping at straws again. But the other options (Mariota, Bradford, Tannehill, Keenum, McCown, etc) aren't wowing me either.

Is there any reason to keep this turd, or should he finally be flushed?

At this point, I think the real question should be: Is there any upside for Russell Wilson this season?

While I was watching the SEA/NO game, I found myself dreaming of what it would be like to have a real quarterback (like Drew Brees) leading the 'Hawks. The difference between the two was glaring and depressing. I don't care about Wilson's injuries or O-Line or nanobubbles or Ciara or any of that crap. I just don't believe that he's a great, reliable quarterback.

His upside is i have someone to drop to cover CJ Fidishicoizawizshdkes's bye week.

• Like 1

Lol that's diffently a spelling bee last name.

Dropped him after week 3 and haven't regretted it. The owner who picked him up has lost multiple games by small margins starting him.

I have been swapping him and Carr as my starter all year. The last time I checked Carr was the better choice every week but one. Last week was it, I started Wilson and he was the 17th ranked qb this week and Carr was #1. If I don't drop him he'll only start Carr's by week.

I'm a Seahawks fan BTW

• Like 1

I have been swapping him and Carr as my starter all year. The last time I checked Carr was the better choice every week but one. Last week was it, I started Wilson and he was the 17th ranked qb this week and Carr was #1. If I don't drop him he'll only start Carr's by week.

I'm a Seahawks fan BTW

Did the same...and am dropping him. Ill stream someone next week.

Hes hot trash but remember last year at this very time he began the best 8 game run in nfl qb history. So theres that..

Hes hot trash but remember last year at this very time he began the best 8 game run in nfl qb history. So theres that..

Last year didn't include knee, ankle, and pec injuries. ANd that oline is weak.

I wouldnt be starting him if I had another options.

SEA homer. All this season watched him throw it away on plays we would ran for 10+ yards last season. Not sure he is done, but if seattle had any kind of backup QB to mention Wilson would have sat out a few weeks. As it is right now is the long slow grind to mediocrity.

Same 2... been riding carr and holding Wilson praying he would get better. This week sucks carr vs den and well Wilson sucks. Nothing to stream so crossing fingers and see what happens Sunday night

I wouldnt be starting him if I had another options.

SEA homer. All this season watched him throw it away on plays we would ran for 10+ yards last season. Not sure he is done, but if seattle had any kind of backup QB to mention Wilson would have sat out a few weeks. As it is right now is the long slow grind to mediocrity.

As a homer, you're probably familiar with Danny Kelly. Here are his current thoughts:

Danny Kelly @DannyBKelly Oct 31

Russell Wilson on pace to throw about 11.4 touchdowns this year, which is incredibly awful. Brock Osweiler has already thrown 9 and he sucks.