Sign in to follow this  
Loaded Box

Brandon Marshall Moving Forward

Just curious to hear how fantasy owners of Brandon Marshall plan on using him moving forward?

We discussed this situation on a recent podcast, and I'm to the point where I'm using a guy like Rishard Matthews over Marshall for the rest of the season. The only way I like Marshall moving forward is if Fitzpatrick is playing, and that doesn't seem like a logical move by the Jets considering they need to see what they have in Petty and possibly Christian Hackenberg for the remainder of the season.

Not a lot of positive things going on with the Jets this season.

He's diffently off the list of it don't matter who is Qb is.

I'm in a similar boat...I only own him in one league and every time I've used him i've regretted it. I can't justify dropping because he's still ranked above anything that's out there and his ceiling is potentially higher than lots of guys. Other than Forte the Jets are a dumpster fire.

I would try to use his name value to try and torpedo another team. Two ways to do this. Try and trade him to another team fighting for a playoff spot for just about anything. Cut him and see if someone spends way too much of their faab on him. Deandre Hopkins is another name torpedo at this point.

Amazing how Deandre has sunk many, many ships this year. However, and I'm not an owner, I believe this is the week he does well. By now, I'm sure many have already been burned so much they cannot trust him but I like his matchup. Needs a QB that can throw to him; pretty sure he doesn't.

Marshall is indeed done for 2016. Too bad because I have had him in years past and loved his toughness and production. He does have a good future in TV, I believe. He's pretty good on NFL Network. Doesn't do much for the 2016 fantasy value though.

Yea, it's definitely unfortunate to see this wasted season as he's towards the end of his prime years. Also, in regards to a previous post, my trade deadline has already passed so I cannot attempt to unload him at this point.

Luckily I was able to scoop up Rishard Matthews to take his spot in my starting lineup, but it's still hard to justify benching your top-drafted WR when it's someone with as much individual talent as Brandon Marshall.

Misery loves company on wasted WR picks. After a freeze (Beckham), I had picks 12 and 13 and went Lacy, Allen. I wanted Decker later and didn't get him. Would have taken Marshall and Hopkins before Allen. I thought Marvin Jones was going to be solid all year and didn't believe in Tate. Shows you what I know. I did okay elsewhere though and sit at 8-2. Nail some, miss some.

Ha, yea that's the crazy part, I'm 8-2 in that league as well so it hasn't completely killed me. I think this is the last year Marshall is viewed as a No. 1 fantasy football wide receiver (pre-draft rankings). He had a hell of a run.

seriously considering dropping him for lockett who was dropped this week in my league. the upside seems higher with that seattle offense ROS. thats about where i'm at. fwiw, bmarsh still has some good matchups coming up, but i need to see something coming out of the bye v NE before i fire him up again.

Lol, Keenan Allen snaps his knee in Week 1 and comes out looking pretty good in the preseason Allen v Marshall jerkathon.

At least Allen owners could move on. Marshall owners headaches persist.

I am sticking with Marshall until the end unless they keep Petty as the QB. He is just too talented to be kept down much longer. Heard that Fitz is working with a junior college QB on his mechanics and Geno Smith on his poise, so all should be ok going forward.

I think it's going to be about the same going forward.