Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

FanDuel and DraftKings Agree to Merger

Announcement

"Fantasy sports technology companies DraftKings and FanDuel today announced they have entered into a merger agreement. The transaction is expected to close in 2017. Financial terms were not disclosed.

At closing, DraftKings CEO Jason Robins will become CEO of the newly combined company and FanDuel CEO Nigel Eccles will become Chairman of the Board. In addition to the Chairman and CEO, the Board will be composed of three directors from DraftKings, three directors from FanDuel and one independent director.

The company will be co-headquartered in New York and Boston.

The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals."

Ya I just got an email from DK. CRAZY!

I've always been A DK guy. I have a FanDuel account but don't use it a whole lot. Prob 2-3 times a month as opposed to every day on DK.

I wonder what this means for both companies. I just hope Draft Kings doesn't change.

It's funny you say that you hope DK doesn't change, because I've talked with people who only use FanDuel and people who only use Draft Kings and both say they hope they don't change. So it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Sounds like everything will be "as-is" for the remainder of the season, at least.

I just don't like how FanDual locks your entire lineup at the start of the first game. With DK you can make changes up until the individual players game start.

I just don't like how FanDual locks your entire lineup at the start of the first game. With DK you can make changes up until the individual players game start.

That's exactly what I like. I feel like last minute changes opens the door to cheating. Not from bonafide players, but from company insiders. In fact, I think once the first game kicks off on Thursday, all lineups should be locked and disclosed so we the players can see who has who and make sure it doesn't change. I'm still a HUGE skeptic on this stuff.

Meh. It just limited me to single time slot games. Didn't care for it all. Draft Kings is, well... King!

Tastes Great! Less filling! Tastes great! Less filling! lol I'm sure they will come up with a product that both sides will have to learn to like.

I started out on FanDuel so that's where most of my entries are played.

I hope it goes under in scandal. Daily Fantasy is such an awful distraction. Entire segments of news now devoted to It rather than normal fantasy.

• Like 1