Sign in to follow this  
PunkRockRedneck

Stafford bad play but Tate good play? huh?

Not sure if it's been mentioned here. Maybe I missed it but it seems most people are saying to stay away from Stafford this week vs the Giants but Tate is rated really high. I understand a WR can still have a good game even when their QB sucks, but Giants D seems to be playing pretty well as of late. 23rd in pts allowed to WR and 30th against QBs. So why all the love for Tate while Stafford is dumped on? Just seems like Tate is being ranked a bit high to me. Hell, he's 9th on projections here. What am I missing?

I'm never very high on Tate. He has a big game every so often but he's not very reliable.

I'm not sure I would factor in Stafford's situation too much but it can't be a good thing.

Tate is worth a start if you are thin at WR this week but other than that I wouldn't put a lot of faith in him.

Tate is a dice roll this week. Stafford hand injury and he could see a lot of Janorice Jenkins who shut down Bryant pretty well

Tate and Riddick compete for a lot of the underneath stuff. No Riddick = Tate's already big role being expanded. Tate could easily see 12+ targets.

• Like 1

Fair point. But my options are Pryor or Coleman, or Green who is doubtful. Not sure there is a good alternative here. :dunno:

I think Boldin might be more of the benefactor of targets if Riddick isn't playing.

I think I'd just avoid that situation and find a more weather-friendly matchup. I'd go dig up JJ Nelson on WW if available and plug him in vs the Saints.

Weather and stafford injury could dictate seeking other options. Raining now and expected to continue throughout game.

Lol agree he had a very good game.

Good for you whom ever you are that started him.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.