Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Why do the JETS hate Bryce Petty? He seemed okay to me

That was some great football Saturday night. Two historically feeble franchises on in prime time. It's like the NFL doesn't want anyone to watch.

I loved him at Baylor - got to see him a couple times there... I have no idea - I wanted him to be a Cowboy... He's got the size and arm to be pretty good.

That was some great football Saturday night. Two historically feeble franchises on in prime time. It's like the NFL doesn't want anyone to watch.

I swear to god when I say this.

I am so anti-sports right now, I had absolutely 0 clue there was an NFL game on saturday.

I checked my one fantasy league (from the sh1tter) to see how the semi finals was going and I saw one team had a crazy amount of points. I thought, oh sh1t, it's that time of year, are there Saturday games? checked nfl.com and what do you know?

I only watched the Patriots around 7 oclock (DVR), I didn't see the score, but I just don't care right now. Wake me when it's the NFL playoffs.

Jets fan here

Petty has impressed me. The coaching staff has not. Can't stand Bowles. Look, in was all for bringing back Fitzpatrick the offseason because the jets have-had a lot of win now players who were peaking or starting the back 9 of their careers. Key guys too. Mangold, Marshall, Decker, Harris, Revis, Forte. Even if Fitzpatrick played to 80 percent of his 2015 level and you factor in the harder schedule, it made sense. 10 wins usually gets you in the playoffs.

Drafting Hackenberg made little sense to me. It ensured they would have 4 QBs on their opening day roster because they got Petty no experience in 2015 and we're forced to keep Geno around.

Petty has the size, arm strength and enough mobility for a white guy to be successful. When he talks, he sounds composed and confident. You can sometimes tell just by listening to a QB talk if he has any chance at this level.

I liked almost everything I saw from him saturday night except for the interception to cameron wake. That throw was an inexperience mistake... the lost fumble is an offensive line issue. Jets have taken huge hits on the line. No decker, gimpy forte, complacent marshall, no solid TE to check to...

• Like 1

I believe the double shot by suh and wake was intentional by the line. If you watch the play the snap was early but the tackles don't even make an attempt to get a hand on the rushers. Even if the snap is off you would generally react to the defense coming at you. I think it was a "let petty take a shot" deal. HE must have said or done something.

I believe the double shot by suh and wake was intentional by the line. If you watch the play the snap was early but the tackles don't even make an attempt to get a hand on the rushers. Even if the snap is off you would generally react to the defense coming at you. I think it was a "let petty take a shot" deal. HE must have said or done something.

of course it was.

I'm wondering why? big Fitzy fans?

of course it was.

I'm wondering why? big Fitzy fans?

Ah I thought you were just referring to the organization in general. Which could also be accurate

Ah I thought you were just referring to the organization in general. Which could also be accurate

I was, but moreso why would the O line do that?

I forgot you were a Jets fan, now I have to feel bad for them :(

Fock the Jets right in the poosay

:lol:

I swear to god when I say this.

I am so anti-sports right now, I had absolutely 0 clue there was an NFL game on saturday.

I checked my one fantasy league (from the sh1tter) to see how the semi finals was going and I saw one team had a crazy amount of points. I thought, oh sh1t, it's that time of year, are there Saturday games? checked nfl.com and what do you know?

I only watched the Patriots around 7 oclock (DVR), I didn't see the score, but I just don't care right now. Wake me when it's the NFL playoffs.

The Playoffs have already started, there have been some great games lately with teams fighting for a spot.

The Playoffs have already started, there have been some great games lately with teams fighting for a spot.

I watched the start and end of the Boys/Bucs last night, that was all I saw other than Pats and highlights of the other games.

I was, but moreso why would the O line do that?

I forgot you were a Jets fan, now I have to feel bad for them :(

We've actually had more success in the last almost 20 years now than a lot of people realize or that many franchises can claim. I mean there have been bleak moments but we've been to 3 AFC title games (1 under Parcells 2 under rex) and I'd be willing to bet we make the playoffs at a roughly .500 clip. Those herm Edwards teams seemed to make it every other year.

Yeah there are franchises whipping us like new England, pitt, denver, seattle, green bay but theres also cleveland, chicago, detroit, San fran, atlanta, buffalo, miami, jacksonville, Cincy, oakland, Houston, philly, dallas, washington and probably others who have done less or arguably less over the time span I'm referencing

We've actually had more success in the last almost 20 years now than a lot of people realize or that many franchises can claim. I mean there have been bleak moments but we've been to 3 AFC title games (1 under Parcells 2 under rex) and I'd be willing to bet we make the playoffs at a roughly .500 clip. Those herm Edwards teams seemed to make it every other year.

Yeah there are franchises whipping us like new England, pitt, denver, seattle, green bay but theres also cleveland, chicago, detroit, San fran, atlanta, buffalo, miami, jacksonville, Cincy, oakland, Houston, philly, dallas, washington and probably others who have done less or arguably less over the time span I'm referencing

I'm in the camp that believes championships are not the end all be all. Making it to the playoffs (aka tournament) is what matters most. Can't win if you don't make it.