Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

What does the term rich mean to you?

You're lower middle class at the Geek Club.

...at best. :lol:

Single $112,500+ Joint $225,000+ = Current 28 - 39.6% Trump 20%

:banana: An extra trip to Vegas and Key West :cheers:

:banana: An extra trip to Vegas and Key West :cheers:

And I guess in your world, rich people should pay less taxes than people who make less than them? Not the same 25% the rest of us pay. Somehow super rich people get to pay less.

Until you simplify the tax code, all but eliminating most deductions and credits, changing rates here or there does very little. It's just a shell game moving money from here to there to get the lower rate or the biggest deduction.

The local Landscape Company owner taking his family to Disney and writing it off as a business expense because he attended a 1 hour Weed Control conference in Orlando is the same as a Millionaire hiring a team of accountants to ensure he pays the least amount of taxes each year by law. Everybody does it.

It's a waste of time until you simplify the code.

And I guess in your world, rich people should pay less taxes than people who make less than them? Not the same 25% the rest of us pay. Somehow super rich people get to pay less.

You guessed wrong. I would like a single rate for everybody with absolutely no deductions. Unfortunately most American’s do not want a system that is equitable.

You guessed wrong. I would like a single rate for everybody with absolutely no deductions. Unfortunately most Americans do not want a system that is equitable.

Would that put you out of work?

Would that put you out of work?

No. I do property, Sales, Use and Excise tax. I use to do a little federal on the side when my friend owned a CPA firm. The Federal government may change but there is no way in hell you are getting 50 states to agree on anything.

No. I do property, Sales, Use and Excise tax. I use to do a little federal on the side when my friend owned a CPA firm. The Federal government may change but there is no way in hell you are getting 50 states to agree on anything.

Gotcha.