Sign in to follow this  
montana

*Revisited* - worst pick you've seen in a MONEY LEAGUE this year?

(whoops) the draft. Going into Round 2 - she has a Server Error... I think the Flash plug-in was out of date. By the time she reloads and reenters the Draft room - ESPN auto-drafted for her: D. Young, FB, Carolina Panthers... Per ESPN, his ANNUAL expected total points are 11.7! :shocking:

My dad drafted Elliot in the first of a 12 teamer. Knowing his problems.

(whoops) the draft. Going into Round 2 - she has a Server Error... I think the Flash plug-in was out of date. By the time she reloads and reenters the Draft room - ESPN auto-drafted for her: D. Young, FB, Carolina Panthers... Per ESPN, his ANNUAL expected total points are 11.7! :shocking:

How does that even happen? Are ESPN's rankings just random?

Bro: I have no idea... It happened a second time, and she drafted CHI WR1 C. Meredith - who of course is out for the year.

I *could* see Meredith, as if he wasn't removed from the player rankings - sure, he was likely there around Round 9 (or whenever the other blip occurred). But, I have N-O explanation for how the software grabbed Young, vs. whoever should have been there at overall #19.

Saw both Edelman and Spencer Ware get drafted tonight, and saw Todd Gurley get drafted twice. (see MFL thread)

Nothing too outrageous this year. Justin Tucker in the 7th was probably the worst.

In both of my main 12-team redraft leagues, a kicker always seems to come off the board in Round 6 or 7. I'll never understand it.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/912/EqvNhE.jpg

That's right.....Atlanta defense in round 3, a kicker in round 6. Last year this guy drafted two kickers.

He's actually won our league before.....been 10 years but still. He finished 4th last year. Has some weird formula he uses.

#1 is that weird formula a mixture of alcohols?

#2 holy crap people actually use draft boards with stickers and pay for that garbage?!?!?

interesting ones...

Zeke at 12 (same owner that took Bell in the 2nd last year before his suspension...he didn't make playoffs)

Hunt at 24 (I was prepared to take him at 30, but even I was surprised by that)

Crowder at 48

D Parker at 51 (me, but I really really wanted him)

T Coleman at 53

Jameis at 55 (R Wilson still on the board, that I got at 70)

Derrick Henry at 63 (Murray owner too)

Randall Cobb at 79

Derek Carr at 80 (Mariotta, Cam & Big Ben still on the board)

Robby Anderson at 92

Stafford at 104

Brian Hoyer

almost none of these are interesting.

Zeke at 12 is perfectly reasonable if you think you are a good enough owner to tread water for 6 games. You mention the same owner took Bell last year before his suspension. Before his suspension, how did Bell last that long? Also, I was going to point out that last year, AFTER Bells suspension I took him at the 12/13 turn, handcuffed with D-Will later on and won the title. I drafted Zeke at 2.5 this year and handcuffed with McFadden. Between McFadden, Dalvin Cook and Kareem Hunt I am confident I can go 3-3 during Zekes 6 missed weeks and then get that boost of a top 3 pick for the rest of the season and playoffs.

Hunt at 24 is nothing. He began FLYING up draft boards as soon as Ware went down, even before the finality of the injury was known. I took him in the 6th on August 26th. you were hoping to get him in the 3rd on Aug 30th when Ware was fully out for the season.......

Alot of people, myself included, believe Crowder is the WR to own in Washington, NOT Pryor. (not that Pryor wont do well)

The Murray owner smartly handcuffed with Henry. gotta do it earlier than a lot of handcuffs because of just how good Henry looks and that o-line, other owners will draft him just on the idea Murray will break down and Henry has the talent to be a top 5 RB.

Jamies is popular this year

Carr usually goes before Cam, Ben and Mariota. Sometimes its preference but I usually see Carr go first.

Stafford usually gets drafted as a #2 in 12 man leagues or a #1 by a guy who waits super late.

Saw both Edelman and Spencer Ware get drafted tonight, and saw Todd Gurley get drafted twice. (see MFL thread)

Someone in my league was drafting from mobile and accidentally drafted Tori Gurley (WR) in the 2nd!

almost none of these are interesting.

Zeke at 12 is perfectly reasonable if you think you are a good enough owner to tread water for 6 games. You mention the same owner took Bell last year before his suspension. Before his suspension, how did Bell last that long? Also, I was going to point out that last year, AFTER Bells suspension I took him at the 12/13 turn, handcuffed with D-Will later on and won the title. I drafted Zeke at 2.5 this year and handcuffed with McFadden. Between McFadden, Dalvin Cook and Kareem Hunt I am confident I can go 3-3 during Zekes 6 missed weeks and then get that boost of a top 3 pick for the rest of the season and playoffs.

Hunt at 24 is nothing. He began FLYING up draft boards as soon as Ware went down, even before the finality of the injury was known. I took him in the 6th on August 26th. you were hoping to get him in the 3rd on Aug 30th when Ware was fully out for the season.......

Alot of people, myself included, believe Crowder is the WR to own in Washington, NOT Pryor. (not that Pryor wont do well)

The Murray owner smartly handcuffed with Henry. gotta do it earlier than a lot of handcuffs because of just how good Henry looks and that o-line, other owners will draft him just on the idea Murray will break down and Henry has the talent to be a top 5 RB.

Jamies is popular this year

Carr usually goes before Cam, Ben and Mariota. Sometimes its preference but I usually see Carr go first.

Stafford usually gets drafted as a #2 in 12 man leagues or a #1 by a guy who waits super late.

what's with the attitude first off bro, this is a casual conversation piece so slow your roll. There wasn't any major reaches like this thread was suggesting, so I just pulled some that at least caught my eye as a bit of a reach IMO.

*There was still very little news out on Zeke at that time, so his ADP was still in the mid 20s, so yes it was early still. Not a huge reach of course, but it was risky. And Bell was being drafted in that 12-15 range last year, so not sure what your point is there. All I'm saying is it was the same owner, who by the way, did not make the playoffs last year with Bell on his team.

* I know Hunt was rocketing up boards prior to the Ware injury, but that was still in the 6-8 range. It's still hard to know how much a complete unknown guy will go up in just a few days based on sheer speculation. Again, my olnly point being I found it interesting.

*And you can like Crowder, but his pick at 48 is still a reach. That doesn't mean he isn't a good player; you seem very sensitive I'm noticing.

*If both Murray and Henry stay in a time share all year, then you spent a 2 and an early 7 to have two guys split each other's production. That's a disaster, and I say that as someone that handcuffs.

*Jameis at 55 is an overpay, no matter how you slice it. That's why you don't lock in a specific QB, it forces you to reach. Wait instead to let things come to you; it got me Wilson at 70 and another owner Mariota at 89. Much better values.

*Carr over Mariota though? That's a preference pick if you ask me.

*Stafford just hadn't looked good the 2nd half of last year, and I personally thought there was much better options. Dalton and Eli both went undrafted, and I'd rather have either of those over Stafford, especially in the 11th.

In my league we draft IDP. One guy drafted Zach Brown as a starting LB. Fine player, but he's shown as 2nd string on Redskins depth chart. ;)