Sign in to follow this  
KingOfTheJungle

Bell or Brown at #2?

Bell. He is going to be at least as good as last year, maybe even better. He was the best ppg skill position player I believe, slightly ahead of David Johnson.

Actually, I have the #1 pick in a money league and I'm seriously considering taking LeVeon Bell.

Two years ago my playoff opponent had David Johnson and DJ went off HUGE in a nationally televised game knocking me outta going to the Championship game.

So, last year picking 2nd, I took DJ while the #1 pick was Ant Brown. Made the Championship gamr but lost.

This year, I'm gonna take LBell at #1.

Actually, I have the #1 pick in a money league and I'm seriously considering taking LeVeon Bell.

Two years ago my playoff opponent had David Johnson and DJ went off HUGE in a nationally televised game knocking me outta going to the Championship game.

So, last year picking 2nd, I took DJ while the #1 pick was Ant Brown. Made the Championship gamr but lost.

This year, I'm gonna take LBell at #1.

Djohns was money in the ship wasn't he? Or you have week 17 championship?

This one tears at me. As a Steelers fan, Brown is perhaps my favorite player on the team. That being said, three-down stud RB's are a dying breed. In my mind, there are three...David Johnson, Le'veon Bell and Zeke Elliot. The fall-off after that is fairly steep. The fall-off after the 1st WR's isn't like that. I had the #2 pick in 12 team last night and actually was hoping that David Johnson there, but he went 1 and I took Bell at #2 with no hesitation.

This one tears at me. As a Steelers fan, Brown is perhaps my favorite player on the team. That being said, three-down stud RB's are a dying breed. In my mind, there are three...David Johnson, Le'veon Bell and Zeke Elliot. The fall-off after that is fairly steep. The fall-off after the 1st WR's isn't like that. I had the #2 pick in 12 team last night and actually was hoping that David Johnson there, but he went 1 and I took Bell at #2 with no hesitation.

McCoy is in that category as well imo

McCoy is great when he's on the field. Getting him the field 16 times in one season has always been an adventure. Last year was a good one and there was still shenanigans of many kinds. I like Bell and Dj over Shady by a clear line even if there's not a canyon between them. Also, I'm terrified that Buffalo might be horrendous this year. Not Jets level but really bad.

Stop it.

It's a very easy decision.

Bell.

Bell here, I have A Brown as my #1 WR, but I think the competition for #1 WR is a lot closer this year, and I would be fine with 3-4 people as my #1 WR, but Johnson/Bell are the top tier of RB, for me. I had pick #3 in my last draft and I wasn't thrilled, as I would of been happier with 4-6, as I would of picked earlier in the second and didn't feel like Brown was going to outscore the other top WR by much.

McCoy is in that category as well imo

He was...

McCoy is great when he's on the field. Getting him the field 16 times in one season has always been an adventure. Last year was a good one and there was still shenanigans of many kinds. I like Bell and Dj over Shady by a clear line even if there's not a canyon between them. Also, I'm terrified that Buffalo might be horrendous this year. Not Jets level but really bad.

...until the Bills traded away Watkins. There is now nobody to take pressure off the running game in Buffalo except the threat of Taylor, who has already been concussed in the preseason. Jordan Mathews is nowhere near the talent of Watkins, and he's already hurt as well. I see this Bills offense being in the bottom 10, maybe even the bottom 5 and McCoy seeing 8 man fronts all season. His talent is undeniable, but he's going to suffer due to the team around him and I personally would rather have Antonio Brown, Julio Jones and Odell Beckham Jr over him in PPR leagues.

He was...

...until the Bills traded away Watkins. There is now nobody to take pressure off the running game in Buffalo except the threat of Taylor, who has already been concussed in the preseason. Jordan Mathews is nowhere near the talent of Watkins, and he's already hurt as well. I see this Bills offense being in the bottom 10, maybe even the bottom 5 and McCoy seeing 8 man fronts all season. His talent is undeniable, but he's going to suffer due to the team around him and I personally would rather have Antonio Brown, Julio Jones and Odell Beckham Jr over him in PPR leagues.

Watkins was fairly useless since he is a b1tch.

But I do see your point

But I do see your point

Agreed. Watkins constant injuries really made him a non factor in the offense.

But I do see your point

It's just my opinion, but it feels like Buffalo is starting over and working toward rebuild. McCoy has a lot of mileage on him from Philly I just feel like he's going to get pummeled in Buffalo this year.

He was...

Watkins missed weeks 4-11 last year. McCoy had some seriously good games in that span.

18/150 against the Rams, 19/140/3 against San Fran. Then Shady got dinged up for a couple games.

But when Watkins came back, Shady had one sub-100 game (not counting 17) and 6 TDs from 12-16. Over 500 yds rushing.

However...Watkins still wasn't doing a lot in those games iirc. Stats show only one really good game in there, week 16. And one TD. I owned him in a league last year, I was watching this. The stats line up, but I'm not sure how much Watkins returning really was the cause of Shady's late season success.