Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Forte vs. Powell

I drafted both, in hopes that this thing would shake itself out and we'd have a legit starter.

Any Jets homers know how this is gonna start? Powell was drafted higher. Forte is currently listed as the starter on the depth chart.

We looking at a 50/50 share here? Hot hand? I'm currently tempted to sit Montgomery in favor of a Jet :0

I wouldn't sit Ty Montgomery for any Jet even if you could play a QB at RB in a 6 point TD league where you get points for completions and a point for every 5 yards passing.

True.

I think if Forte or Powell could get the full load they can be productive even with the mess on Jets offense.

Powell looked like the better back late last year and was rated higher, yet Forte gets the start.

Wouldn't sit Ty either

Powell is going to get more work with Jets being down and him being the far superior run at this point of their careers.

TY is facing Seattle, in ppr I actually prefer powell

Powell is going to get more work with Jets being down and him being the far superior run at this point of their careers.

TY is facing Seattle, in ppr I actually prefer powell

Ty will get more work than Powell and catch plenty of passes. I hope you're right as I'm starting Powell, but I couldn't imagine benching Ty for Powell.

My league is standard. I don't see Ty getting more than 40 yards rushing. But I think this game will end up being a shootout. So hopefully Ty gets plenty of receiving yards and a TD.

This is such a tough question. I drafted Powell late in a league just because there was value and talk Forte would be traded/cut. At this point with Jets in full tank mode I wouldn't be surprised if they use what tread is left on Forte and then have next year to burn out Powell. This week is going to be tricky.

I think as a Powell owner the real best case is that they just run Forte into the ground as you hold Powell for a late season run.

• Like 1

This is such a tough question. I drafted Powell late in a league just because there was value and talk Forte would be traded/cut. At this point with Jets in full tank mode I wouldn't be surprised if they use what tread is left on Forte and then have next year to burn out Powell. This week is going to be tricky.

I think as a Powell owner the real best case is that they just run Forte into the ground as you hold Powell for a late season run.

I forgot what I was gonna post earlier, but you just said it. It makes perfect sense for them to just wear down Forte and then go all in with Powell next year!

I forgot what I was gonna post earlier, but you just said it. It makes perfect sense for them to just wear down Forte and then go all in with Powell next year!

And the Jets then draft a RB in the 2nd round..

powell would perform better if he enters the game before the 2nd quarter. forte looked like he didn't wanna be there. dropped two easy passes in flat that hit him in the jordan matthews/chestbone.

signed bilal powell owner in ppr.....grrrrrrr

A franchise usually don't hand the kingdom to a back like Powell..I'm certain they will draft a back next season and let the kid run. We're seeing it now...