Sign in to follow this  
Runningriot1966

NFL Redzone channel

Can you no longer buy this channel from directv without having to purchase Sunday Ticket? What a rip off scheme! I called their 888 number and they didn't seem to know either. He finally just said Id have to buy the over $300 Sunday ticket but I used to be able to get red zone for maybe 20 bucks a year.

I'd tell them that if that were the case, I'm switching back to cable. Watch how quickly and how far that price drops.

This. If you've been a customer for a while they will usually throw you a bone if you complain.

I got Sunday Ticket for free for like 5 years. The last two years they've tried to get me to sign a new 2 year contract to get it though.

Instead of doing that, I just barter a bit for Red Zone and money off my bill. Got 40$ off for 12 months and RZC free this year. The Lions have 5 nationally televised games this year anyways. Can catch the rest of them on my computer.

I have a Roku and bought Sling TV Blue and pay 30 bucks a month. Red Zone, NFL channel, ESPN, Golf channel among many others. I downloaded the CBS all access app for 6 bucks a month and ABC, NBC are all free if you have any cable company login. You can use a friends. I now pay 50 bucks for net, 30 for sling, 7 for Netflix, 7 for Hulu and 6 for CBS and get everything I want. Lots of free apps too for fishing, HGTV, History etc...

I have a Roku and bought Sling TV Blue and pay 30 bucks a month. Red Zone, NFL channel, ESPN, Golf channel among many others. I downloaded the CBS all access app for 6 bucks a month and ABC, NBC are all free if you have any cable company login. You can use a friends. I now pay 50 bucks for net, 30 for sling, 7 for Netflix, 7 for Hulu and 6 for CBS and get everything I want. Lots of free apps too for fishing, HGTV, History etc...

That sounds like a pain in the ass. I'll just stick with the $100 direct tv bill with Sunday ticket. Easier to deal with, not that expensive, and I can easily afford it

I got Sunday Ticket for free for like 5 years. The last two years they've tried to get me to sign a new 2 year contract to get it though.

Instead of doing that, I just barter a bit for Red Zone and money off my bill. Got 40$ off for 12 months and RZC free this year. The Lions have 5 nationally televised games this year anyways. Can catch the rest of them on my computer.

plus december games for the lions don't matter. zing!

I was told by Directv that you can't only purchase red zone. After threatening to leave, they gave me the full package for $15 a month over 6 months, but discounted my bill $15 a month for 12 months. Essentially, they're paying me for the NFL Package.

I have the most basic cable package with Comcast, the Spanish package, no HD channels. They won't let me add Redzone for more money a month. They would rather refuse more money from me just to hope i upgrade my entire package in the process.

I have the most basic cable package with Comcast, the Spanish package, no HD channels. They won't let me add Redzone for more money a month. They would rather refuse more money from me just to hope i upgrade my entire package in the process.

Look into a streaming service like PS Vue. I cut cable in January and haven't looked back, went w/ Vue because of how many sports channels they have(4 Big 10 network channels!). Saving myself $1k/year and getting a better service.

• Like 1