Sign in to follow this  
snark

#1 RB for the NYG?

According to the injury report Paul Perkins is healthy and he was previously the #1.

But, looking at the player rankings every1 has Orleans Darkwa ranked but not P. Perkins.

What gives?

Giants fan and Darkwa owner who may have to play him this week. I couldn't find anything out there on Giants RB plans, if I do I'll update.

Perkins had his opportunity and did nothing with it.

In his absence due to injury Darkwa emerged and will keep the job.

I think I would even put Verren over Perkins.

Perkins is done.

According to Jordan Ranaan ESPN Giants reporter (paraphrasing) Perkins will be active but Darkwa will remain the lead back. I'd say 15 touches is a good bet for Darkwa with the possibility of more if the G-Men can move the ball and/or keep it close or take the lead. The Rams Run D has been mostly bad. They shut down Seattle and Adrian Peterson two weeks ago in london. Top guys like fournette and Zeke have killed them, but the best comparison I found was Fat rob rumbling dropping a 12 for 78 line on them, perine throwing down a 21 for 67 in that game. In conclusion you could do worse that Darkwa as a bye week fill this week, I'd put him over Kenyon Drake, Eddy Lacy, D. Henry et. al.

It's stupid if they give up on Perkins. He hasn't had enough opportunities because he had no where to run when he was in there, which wasn't many carries at all.

I'd say Darkwa, but behind that atrocious offensive line does it really matter? :dunno:

:thumbsup: This.

the line is beyond horrible.

If I had to make a choice, Darkwa gets the nod because he is more explosive, but most of the runs will be stuffed regardless of who the RB is because that line is not getting the job done.

Avoid the situation if you can.

It's stupid if they give up on Perkins. He hasn't had enough opportunities because he had no where to run when he was in there, which wasn't many carries at all.

Darkwa 51 att for a per rush avg of 5.4.

Gallman 36 att avg 3.9.

Perkins 32 att for a per rush avg of 1.9.

Same team same Oline.

He's been a disappointment.

According to Jordan Ranaan ESPN Giants reporter (paraphrasing) Perkins will be active but Darkwa will remain the lead back. I'd say 15 touches is a good bet for Darkwa with the possibility of more if the G-Men can move the ball and/or keep it close or take the lead. The Rams Run D has been mostly bad. They shut down Seattle and Adrian Peterson two weeks ago in london. Top guys like fournette and Zeke have killed them, but the best comparison I found was Fat rob rumbling dropping a 12 for 78 line on them, perine throwing down a 21 for 67 in that game. In conclusion you could do worse that Darkwa as a bye week fill this week, I'd put him over Kenyon Drake, Eddy Lacy, D. Henry et. al.

Good stats there. Just wanted to say that I don't know that 'throwing down' is a good verb to use for 21/67 :)

Darkwa 51 att for a per rush avg of 5.4.

Gallman 36 att avg 3.9.

Perkins 32 att for a per rush avg of 1.9.

Same team same Oline.

He's been a disappointment.

well, perkins problem is that when the line does open a hole, he does not hit the hole hard and fast like he needs to.

it is also possible hes too slow and that hole closes before he can get through it.

He is the type of back that NEEDS a good blocking line.

Darkwa is a different type of back. He's a lot faster, but has trouble finding the hole when the line makes one.

the advantage with Darkwa is because of his speed, he can sometimes create his own opportunites, and when he does get through that line, watch out.

so if those are my only choices I prefer Darkwa, but that line still sucks.

Keep this in mind when grading all of the NYG RBs:

Giants placed C Weston Richburg on injured reserve with a concussion.

The Giants added CB Tim Scott to the active roster. Richburg is a big loss for the Giants as their highest graded offensive lineman according to PFF. He has missed the past three games, where C Brett Jones started in his place.

Keep this in mind when grading all of the NYG RBs:

Giants placed C Weston Richburg on injured reserve with a concussion.

The Giants added CB Tim Scott to the active roster. Richburg is a big loss for the Giants as their highest graded offensive lineman according to PFF. He has missed the past three games, where C Brett Jones started in his place.

yeah, so the line is not getting better anytime soon.

I u derstand Jones is graded high run blocking though.