Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Albert Almora sends a line drive into a young kid

...and breaks down during the game. 

"A child was taken to a hospital after being struck by a foul ball during a game Wednesday between the Chicago Cubs and Houston Astros."

Hit foul ball was a freaking rocket. Lot's of times things like this have happened in the past, but Almora was really affected. Can't blame him. I don't think this was shown in this video, but dude was crying in the dugout big time. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/05/30/young-child-hit-with-foul-ball-during-cubs-astros-game/?utm_term=.3a46e9c3d4aa

I've always had an issue with the mlb not putting netting up along the sidelines like they do in the back.

It's ridiculous that it's 2019 and this is still an issue.  I would sue the mlb for everything they have if that was my kid.

31 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I've always had an issue with the mlb not putting netting up along the sidelines like they do in the back.

It's ridiculous that it's 2019 and this is still an issue.  I would sue the mlb for everything they have if that was my kid.

It has happened before, but this time the player was demonstrative on the field. I think it will have an impact on the league on this issue.

Were they on the moon?

Second...

4 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You wouldn't have a case...  The back of the ticket has verbiage that states that the team assumes no risks...

There's gotta be a joke here somewhere.

What's the difference between Albert Almora and Joe Biden?

Nobody?

How 'bout Albert Almora doesn't like to smack his balls into a little girls face?

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Nobody?

How 'bout Albert Almora doesn't like to smack his balls into a little girls face?

Either way, they just end up crying. 

19 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Its not the ballparks fault...the clubs...almoras...its a terrible accident.  Money isnt the answer...

You could blame the parent for taking a child to a game that has no clue whats going on...no attention span etc.  Dad was more at fault than the club

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

You could blame the parent for taking a child to a game that has no clue whats going on...no attention span etc.  Dad was more at fault than the club

Yep...

Also, get off your damn cell phone and watch the game...  As a parent, sit the closest to the plate and block/catch if necessary...  It isn't hard to pay attention...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, posty said:

Yep...

Also, get off your damn cell phone and watch the game...  As a parent, sit the closest to the plate and block/catch if necessary...  It isn't hard to pay attention...

Exactly. Why go to a game if you don't want to watch it? If you don't, take your kid on a picnic.