Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Dead Pool Update - H. Ross Perot

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I said voting for him made sense. What are you disagreeing with? 

The part about if everyone who said they voted for him actually did... I think those that said they did, did.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

The part about if everyone who said they voted for him actually did... I think those that said they did, did.

And I think many claim they did and didn't. I guess we'll never know. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

And I think many claim they did and didn't. I guess we'll never know. 

Maybe...... I was shocked to see him pull 18%. I was hoping he'd do well - just didn't think he'd actually make a showing.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Maybe...... I was shocked to see him pull 18%. I was hoping he'd do well - just didn't think he'd actually make a showing.

I think if we had the media we have today with many more options the MSM wouldnt have been able to caricature him so easily and have him dismissed based on looks and style. Trump couldn't have won back then either. The message wouldn't have gotten out. Ross was right about a lot of things it turns out. 

I was a pretty hardcore Republican at the time but was seethingly pissed off at GHW Bush for refusing checks from the Saudi government for the soldiers that participated in Operation Desert Storm. Fock Off, rich oil man. he had my vote in the bag but threw it away by sh*tting on me. But I still wasn't ready to vote for a Democrat. Ross made a lot of sense so I voted for him. It was easy.

Then, the second time.... I wasn't unhappy with Bill Clinton. He was halfway decent for a Democrat and I liked the dynamic of Dem president and GOP Congress. They kept each others' worst impulses in check. I still wasn't ready to vote for a Dem though. I wasn't sure who to vote for until the very end. Ross had paid for an infomercial the day before the election. I went into the booth still unsure what to do, came out voting for Ross again. He was the closest to me and I'd have been just as lukewarm for Dole as I was or Clinton.

20 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think if we had the media we have today with many more options the MSM wouldnt have been able to caricature him so easily and have him dismissed based on looks and style. Trump couldn't have won back then either. The message wouldn't have gotten out. Ross was right about a lot of things it turns out. 

Trump is 3rd party, the Republican voters bullied the RNC into accepting him. Otherwise we would have lost with Lyin Ted.  If the voters had done the same in 96 history may be different. Dole and McCain were scraping the bottom of the barrel. No different than Biden is today.