Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Sam Darnold out week 2+

Oh man..…  He may be out longer then.  The recommended time off from any activity for mono is typically several weeks.  It can lead to further issues if you don't listen to your doctor. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Oh man..…  He may be out longer then.  The recommended time off from any activity for mono is typically several weeks.  It can lead to further issues if you don't listen to your doctor. 

They have BYE week 4

Just now, Phil Simms 11 said:

They have BYE week 4

You are correct, they will likely keep him out until after that.  Rushing back from Mono can lead to some bad things.  My Nasopharyngeal Cancer is linked to when I had Mono.  It's the Eppstein Barr virus that causes both.  Not enough rest and recovery time can cause the cells to divide erratically, causing cancer later on.  He's still a young kid, so for his future, I hope they rest him as long as he needs. 

• Like 1

Especially of L Bell is going to be limited, Browns def must be owned. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Especially of L Bell is going to be limited, Browns def must be owned. 

I dropped CLE D last night and just scrambled to pick them back up!  

I scrambled to take CLE -2.5 when I got the alert. Game is currently off line so I'll be curious what the line will be in a few hours.

Le'Veon Bell is also getting an MRI on a sore shoulder. Gase says he's optimistic but he also said Darnold only had strep throat a few days ago. May want to go check your waiver wire for Ty Montgomery and scoop him up for free. 

I don't see how you could play Robby Anderson this week or in the foreseeable future. He already had a tough matchup against Denzel Ward. I think he's a drop candidate in shallow leagues.

Darnold will be out multiple weeks with this. The spleen enlarges with mono and that is a huge problem for a professional football player getting hit. Downgrade all Jets. Fire up your Browns DST and my goodness do the Patriots have the easiest two weeks of all time getting the Dolphins this week and the Jets next week. 😲

• Like 1

Anderson is going to draw Ward & Gilmore the next two weeks, along with Safety help.  He's already dealing with an injury, so to think he's facing the two of the top corners in the NFL over the next two weeks, likely with help over the top, means he's in trouble. 

This could not have been a worse start to a season for the Jets.  Enunwa, Bell, Darnold, Anderson and even their best TE doesn't come back until Week 5.  I call it the Gase Effect.  Wherever he is an actual head coach, bad things will happen. 

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

This could not have been a worse start to a season for the Jets.  Enunwa, Bell, Darnold, Bell, Anderson and even their best TE doesn't come back until Week 5.

Losing one Bell was bad enough, but when they lost the other one, that's when all hope vanished.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Losing one Bell was bad enough, but when they lost the other one, that's when all hope vanished.

Losing two Bells is a major problem.  I wanted to be certain people were aware.  lol