Sign in to follow this  
Byrdman5

Short bench who do I drop

Need to drop someone to activate Gordon.

Current RB, WR 

CMC, Jacobs, Gordon, Breida, Hyde

Kupp, Boyd, McLaurin, E.Sanders, Fuller

So Fuller, Breida, Hyde.

.5PPR

Gordon isn't going to play this week, so don't activate him yet.

Breida will probly be the eventual drop, but you'd hate to drop him now and then have Jacobs tear his ACL this weekend or something.

8 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Hyde

Says the guy who started Marquez Valdes-Scantling tonight over John Brown on Sunday, against the plain advice of Axe Elf.

Dude, I'm better at roster management than I am at weekly start/sit decisions.  Everyone in every league I've ever played in knows I'm the best at fantasy football.  Move over, I'll give my advice how I see fit to help his team.  Hyde is good for 7 - 9 points most every week, he doesn't catch the ball in this Texans offense and he doesn't score much either, and he only gets 10 or so carries.

Breida has a high yards per carry and catches and runs well and the SF offense is run dominant, a top 5 run blocking offense, even their receivers block down field well.  He's their true RB1 and dealing with too many RBBC backs on his own team, but still worth holding for the upside if Coleman, Mostert, etc. get hurt again but even if not he will outproduce Carlos Hyde.

40 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Dude, I'm better at roster management than I am at weekly start/sit decisions.  Everyone in every league I've ever played in knows I'm the best at fantasy football.  Move over, I'll give my advice how I see fit to help his team.  Hyde is good for 7 - 9 points most every week, he doesn't catch the ball in this Texans offense and he doesn't score much either, and he only gets 10 or so carries.

38 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Breida has a high yards per carry and catches and runs well and the SF offense is run dominant, a top 5 run blocking offense, even their receivers block down field well.  He's their true RB1 and dealing with too many RBBC backs on his own team, but still worth holding for the upside if Coleman, Mostert, etc. get hurt again but even if not he will outproduce Carlos Hyde.

Breida has 1.5 more fantasy points in half-PPR scoring than Carlos Hyde at the moment, despite Hyde joining the Texans one week before the season started, and in large part because the lead back for the 49ers has been sidelined since Week1, while the remaining backs have feasted on two of the five worst run defenses in the league during those two weeks.

If you want to bet on Breida maintaining that lead over Hyde for the remainder of the season, go ahead--but don't drag down the OP with you.

4 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

Current RB, WR 

So Fuller, Breida, Hyde.

.5PPR

Brienda. 

Coleman is returing, it’s a RBBC mess. 

Why make the decision now?  Gordon is out this week.  Make certain you don't lose any other players over this coming weekend first. 

So I have starting

CMC, Jacobs

Kupp, Boyd, McLaurin 

Does the news Gordon is playing change this?

Do I keep Gordon on IR and hope McLaurin plays? Or drop now and start Gordon against Miami...

On 9/26/2019 at 6:00 PM, Byrdman5 said:

Current RB, WR 

So Fuller, Breida, Hyde.

.5PPR

Hyde or Fuller.  Kenny is taking away from fuller and Hyde has been avg.  I'd probably drop Fuller over Hyde, only because Hyde is their #1 atm. 

On 9/26/2019 at 6:00 PM, Byrdman5 said:

If McLaurin and Gordon are your only choices, then I would leave McLaurin in unless he is inactive tomorrow, and then you'd have to start Gordon--but do you really not have any other options?

EDIT:  Just connected this to the original post--obviously if McLaurin is out you would start Fuller, and then you can hang onto Breida for another week.

29 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

So I have starting

CMC, Jacobs

Kupp, Boyd, McLaurin 

Does the news Gordon is playing change this?

Do I keep Gordon on IR and hope McLaurin plays? Or drop now and start Gordon against Miami...

ugh, I have Gordon too.  I'm starting Mclaurin over him THIS week. Mclaurin's injury has been espn downplayed (chillin at practice) and Gordon, who knows atm, lol.  Right now, I'd just start Gordon over a somewhat empty bench. 

Thanks for the help... turns out I can still make roster moves and change my starting roster without bringing Gordon back from IR.. Thanks ESPN!

Also read Gordon is active just for emergency.