Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Luke Kuechly retiring

It’s a surprise of a move.  

But one I applaud, think all players should consider leaving the game before 30.  

Better chance of a more productive life outside of the game.  

Some like Brady just keep on rolling at his ripe old age, but he wants to do so, I wonder how he’ll be after a few years of retirement. 

Good for him.  I hope more players walk away after multiple concussions.  I wish him well.

How many NFL players were cleared to play the next week or two after sustaining a concussion this season?  How can doctors admit the player suffered a brain injury yet is ready to resume an activity that is likely to re injure the brain??

i'm glad that he should not be sustaining any more football related concussions.

i do wonder if this also has a little to do with the coaching change

20 hours ago, Smileseers said:

Good for him.  I hope more players walk away after multiple concussions.  I wish him well.

How many NFL players were cleared to play the next week or two after sustaining a concussion this season?  How can doctors admit the player suffered a brain injury yet is ready to resume an activity that is likely to re injure the brain??

yeah, if he has had issues with concussions, this is likely the right move.   People dont realize how bad a concussion will affect them.   I'd do the same if I were in his position.

I hope my grandson who’s 2 wants to play football, by the time he can, it well be flag football only.