Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Will NY be first area Quarantined?

I mentioned way early how I was worried when areas of this country, especially inner-city areas start getting quarantined.  Lots of firearms in America and I question how keen some of us are to being locked up during a deadly airborne pandemic.  

Popcorn time?

Should be. Whole tri-state area.  But the crying will start because Trump and it’s just one step closer to him opening up some Gullags/ Concentration camps. 

Yesterday he called up a million National Guard troops.  I assume that's for this and similar quarantines in inner cities across America.  Detroit, for example, it another hotbed.  

Quomo:  the feds arent doing enough! People are dying!

Feds: we might have to quarantine to save lives

Quomo: TYRANNY!!

you cant make this crap up

34 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Does a quarantine help the people in NY?

If a ship was sinking in a harbor, would you suggest closing the harbor so onlookers won't drown? Or help those that are drowning from the sinking ship? 

6 minutes ago, Leeson said:

If a ship was sinking in a harbor, would you suggest closing the harbor so onlookers won't drown? Or help those that are drowning from the sinking ship? 

What???? 🙄

14 minutes ago, Leeson said:

It’s about containing it. You do that by shutting down the hot spots. If everyone else needs more help because of the spread, then no one, including the ones in the hot spot, get the care they need. Are you shooting for an orange man bad thing or just a re-tard? 

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

What???? 🙄

What are you having difficulty with? The spelling or the comprehension?

Shutting down the city only prevents the spread outside the city. It does nothing for the people suffering inside. Which is what cities and states are requesting from the Federal government. 

1 minute ago, Leeson said:

What are you having difficulty with? The spelling or the comprehension?

Shutting down the city only prevents the spread outside the city. It does nothing for the people suffering inside. Which is what cities and states are requesting from the Federal government. 

Yup, OMB.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s about containing it. You do that by shutting down the hot spots. If everyone else needs more help because of the spread, then no one, including the ones in the hot spot, get the care they need. Are you just shooting for an orange man bad thing or just a re-tard? 

The mayor or the governor can shut down the city. That's not where they are needing help at this time. They want help with medical equipment. It's like giving a drowning man a glass of water. 

You know, you CAN quarantine the city AND provide support. Stopping self-centered asshats from flying all over from an area that is a massive hot zone doesn't mean leaving everyone there to die.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ZeroTolerance said:

You know, you CAN quarantine the city AND provide support. Stopping self-centered asshats from flying all over from an area that is a massive hot zone doesn't mean leaving everyone there to die.

Yes. But there was an opportunity to OMB the thing, and you just can’t turn those down. 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes. But there was an opportunity to OMB the thing, and you just can’t turn those down. 

Right. Because I was the one that posted: 

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

You think Quomo is asking the Feds to do more by quarantining the city or supplying more medical help? 

10 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Right. Because I was the one that posted: 

You think Quomo is asking the Feds to do more by quarantining the city or supplying more medical help? 

Not up to Cuomo as far as quarantine, so wgaf what he thinks? And he’s getting plenty of help. Plenty.  And at some point the question of what he did to prepare for this will have to be answered.  And it won’t be a good look for him.  Or the complete buffoon Diblasio and every other swinging dik and twat that’s been elected here. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not up to Cuomo as far as quarantine, so wgaf what he thinks? And he’s getting plenty of help. Plenty.  And at some point the question of what he did to prepare for this will have to be answered.  And it won’t be a good look for him.  Or the complete buffoon Diblasio and every other swinging dik and twat that’s been elected here. 

Doesn't the number of infected determine whether or not he's getting plenty of help? 

I don't live in NY. So, tell me why Cuomo or Diblasio are going to have to answer for a global pandemic, when our federal government wasn't prepared either?

15 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Doesn't the number of infected determine whether or not he's getting plenty of help? 

I don't live in NY. So, tell me why Cuomo or Diblasio are going to have to answer for a global pandemic, when our federal government wasn't prepared either?

Because they’re  the only ones directly in charge of NYC, which is the epicenter of everything . 9/11 should have had you prepared for this stuff with PPE’s and a mass casualty situation. Heavy lay the crown. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Because they’re  the only ones directly in charge of NYC, which is the epicenter of everything . 9/11 should have had you prepared for this stuff with PPE’s and a mass casualty situation. Heavy lay the crown. 

Are you saying the Federal government has no responsibility to give medical assistance during a global pandemic? 

1 minute ago, Leeson said:

Are you saying the Federal government has no responsibility to give medical assistance during a global pandemic? 

No. Are you saying they aren’t? And, Are you saying the mayor and the Governor of the most vital city in the country have no responsibilities in preparedness for such an event? Are you also saying that if Obama or, god forbid, HRC were president there would be enough PPE’s and ventilators on hand? If so, where did they go? Sorry, everyone , including the American people, can take a bow on this one. It’s all about priorities. And things like bail reform and universal pre-K were obviously a bigger priority a few months ago. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. Are you saying they aren’t? And, Are you saying the mayor and the Governor of the most vital city in the country have no responsibilities in preparedness for such an event? Are you also saying that if Obama or, god forbid, HRC were president there would be enough PPE’s and ventilators on hand? If so, where did they go? Sorry, everyone , including the American people, can take a bow on this one. It’s all about priorities. And things like bail reform and universal pre-K were obviously a bigger priority a few months ago. 

This started with supermike's comments about Cuomo asking for help and then complaining when the help came in the form of quarantine. That's not the help that Cuomo was asking for. 

AS you your question NYC got a lot of Federal help after 9/11. Lot's of other states didn't see much Federal help. That's because nobody flew a plane into a building in Helena Montana. They helped where help was needed most. Right now that is NYC. Tomorrow it may be New Orleans, or Detroit. 

We put the resources where they need them the most. That was my only point. 

4 minutes ago, Leeson said:

This started with supermike's comments about Cuomo asking for help and then complaining when the help came in the form of quarantine. That's not the help that Cuomo was asking for. 

AS you your question NYC got a lot of Federal help after 9/11. Lot's of other states didn't see much Federal help. That's because nobody flew a plane into a building in Helena Montana. They helped where help was needed most. Right now that is NYC. Tomorrow it may be New Orleans, or Detroit. 

We put the resources where they need them the most. That was my only point. 

Bullllllshit on other states not getting federal aid after 9/11 for anti terrorism measures. Every podunk sheriffs office in 50 states was getting funded based on 9/11. Amongst other agencies. You know not of what you speak.  

NYC and NYS each have an office of emergency management. And they aren’t just for snowstorms. We can start with them if needed equipment wasn’t readily available. If not, then just get rid of them, they obviously aren’t necessary if the feds have to handle everything anyway. 

Bullllllshit on other states not getting federal aid after 9/11 for anti terrorism measures. Every podunk sheriffs office in 50 states was getting funded based on 9/11. Amongst other agencies. You know not of what you speak.  

You're thick in the head aren't you?

Did every state get medical equipment to assist with 9/11 in the weeks following? Did emergency crews  from around the country go to ground zero to assist? I'm not talking about long term anti terrorism or long term global pandemic items right now. NYC needs things to address the medical situation that's happening right now. 

Just now, Leeson said:

Did every state get medical equipment to assist with 9/11 in the weeks following? Did emergency crews  from around the country go to ground zero to assist? I'm not talking about long term anti terrorism or long term global pandemic items right now. NYC needs things to address the medical situation that's happening right now. 

Ok. NY can’t be expected to at least hold the fort until the cavalry arrives? They were underprepared from the very beginning of this. As I said earlier, it was recommended to Cuomo in 2015 to up his stockpile of ventilators. He, and he alone, chose not to. He directed his resources elsewhere. That’s on him. I think Trump was still doing his game show then  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. NY can’t be expected to at least hold the fort until the cavalry arrives? They were underprepared from the very beginning of this. As I said earlier, it was recommended to Cuomo in 2015 to up his stockpile of ventilators. He, and he alone, chose not to. He directed his resources elsewhere. That’s on him. I think Trump was still doing his game show then  

Hey - can't we just blame Trump for every one of our own failings?  Why should I take responsibility if I can blame it on him instead?

This is still irrelevant. It sounds like you are suggesting people in NY should suffer for Cuomo's mistakes. Even if the Federal government could do something to help. 

We aren't at the point of this pandemic where we have to choose who lives and who dies. Right now we send resources where they are needed the most. 

By the way, the suggestion was that the cavalry would not arrive with supplies to help the people get better. They would arrive and quarantine the people. 

8 minutes ago, Leeson said:

You said lots of states didn’t get federal aid after 9/11. Now it’s medical aid . Talk about moving the target. Whatever. And how much medical aid was needed anyway during 9/11? It was pretty much a slaughter, everyone died. The injuries were not really happening.  No hospitals were being overrun. So when you speak of aid, the immediate medical aid wasn’t even a thing. The rest,  that I pointed out,  was. 

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Hey - can't we just blame Trump for every one of our own failings?  Why should I take responsibility if I can blame it on him instead?

Who's blaming Trump? We pay local, state, and federal taxes. I don't care if it was Obama or Abe Lincoln in the White House. I expect our government to help in a time of crisis.

2 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Who's blaming Trump? We pay local, state, and federal taxes. I don't care if it was Obama or Abe Lincoln in the White House. I expect our government to help in a time of crisis.

It goes in this order - Local, County, State and then Federal.  What were the first 3 doing in the years before this to be prepared?  Getting their talking points ready to blame Trump?

2 minutes ago, Leeson said:

This is still irrelevant. It sounds like you are suggesting people in NY should suffer for Cuomo's mistakes. Even if the Federal government could do something to help. 

We aren't at the point of this pandemic where we have to choose who lives and who dies. Right now we send resources where they are needed the most. 

By the way, the suggestion was that the cavalry would not arrive with supplies to help the people get better. They would arrive and quarantine the people. 

Holy cow. You’re saying the feds have done nothing, and are only bringing a quarantine? I’d tell you to get out of the house more,  but I guess not.  

You said lots of states didn’t get federal aid after 9/11. Now it’s medical aid . Talk about moving the target. Whatever. And how much medical aid was needed anyway during 9/11? It was pretty much a slaughter, everyone died. The injuries were not really happening.  No hospitals were being overrun. So when you speak of aid, the immediate medical aid wasn’t even a thing. The rest that I pointed out was. 

Try to keep up. I'm not moving the target. We are in the early stages of this pandemic. Why would anyone care about what regulations or federal assistance will be needed or available 6 months or a year from now?

If you got the virus and were in dire need of medical help, would you want to argue about where it was going to come from? Or who dropped the ball over the last 5 years?

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

It goes in this order - Local, County, State and then Federal.  What were the first 3 doing in the years before this to be prepared?  

Same question to you?

Just now, Leeson said:

Try to keep up. I'm not moving the target. We are in the early stages of this pandemic. Why would anyone care about what regulations or federal assistance will be needed or available 6 months or a year from now?

If you got the virus and were in dire need of medical help, would you want to argue about where it was going to come from? Or who dropped the ball over the last 5 years?

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

It goes in this order - Local, County, State and then Federal.  What were the first 3 doing in the years before this to be prepared?  

I told you, bail reform and universal pre-k. And oh yeah, closing jails.  Because of racism.  

• Thanks 1

Holy cow. You’re saying the feds have done nothing, and are only bringing a quarantine? I’d tell you to get out of the house more,  but I guess not.  

I didn't say it. Supermike did.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I think we've determined that it's reading comprehension that's the problem. 

Just now, Leeson said:

Same question to you?

Sorry to break the sad news to you, but that is how triage works.  It isn't just run to the Feds everytime.  We pay taxes to have our local, county and state prepare so we don't have to rely on the Feds for everything.

Just now, Leeson said:

I didn't say it. Supermike did.

I think we've determined that it's reading comprehension that's the problem. 

Thats not what he said. Nice try though. 

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Sorry to break the sad news to you, but that is how triage works.  It isn't just run to the Feds everytime.  We pay taxes to have our local, county and state prepare so we don't have to rely on the Feds for everything.

Because you can’t count on them. And anyone who doesn’t know that doesn’t need to be making decisions.  

• Thanks 1

Because you can’t count on them. And anyone who doesn’t know that doesn’t need to be making decisions.  

Yep.  Agree with this 1000%.

Thats not what he said. Nice try though. 

Sure it is. You just don't want to see it that way. 

Asking for more medical help and getting the offer of a quarantine are not the same thing. Even you have to admit that.