Sign in to follow this  
jtztdm

How good is ESPN for FF?

We have been using cbs for many years now but we were considering jumping to espn. I like to ask has anyone on here used it for there league amd if so what are your thoughts? How much does it cost? Also since this year we are not drafting in person, how good is there draft room?

We drafted offline then the manager went in and manually input the data. It sucks. PPR, 3 keep auction. Just didn't work for us. Not sure about Barney style snake draft. Seems like it's more geared for that candyland sh1t which I still do not understand why anyone would want to play. Having the ability to get ANY player you want, why would anyone not want that option. Want Barkely, Kamara...sure. Just out bid someone and they are yours if not a keeper.

ESPN is okay for FF, although I prefer Yahoo or NFL.com for free leagues

Smart to get away from CBS though. I'd rather drink turpentine and urinate in a brush fire.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with ESPN.  As long as you don't have some weird rules in your league that impact scoring or the standings.

17 hours ago, jtztdm said:

We have been using cbs for many years now but we were considering jumping to espn. I like to ask has anyone on here used it for there league amd if so what are your thoughts? How much does it cost? Also since this year we are not drafting in person, how good is there draft room?

I jumped from CBS to ESPN last year. ESPN is worth the free site imo. It worked perfectly fine for me. 

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Nothing wrong with ESPN.  As long as you don't have some weird rules in your league that impact scoring or the standings.

This was actually the case in my league. We had to adjust the scoring from what we had been doing for 15 years. It wasn't anything major though. The biggest issue was that kickers didn't get 8 points for 55+ hard field goals. ESPN only goes to 6. That kind of sucked because if we are going to have kickers, at least make the top ones more valuable

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This was actually the case in my league. We had to adjust the scoring from what we had been doing for 15 years. It wasn't anything major though. The biggest issue was that kickers didn't get 8 points for 55+ hard field goals. ESPN only goes to 6. That kind of sucked because if we are going to have kickers, at least make the top ones more valuable

Yeah, you have to use 50 or 60 as your threshold, can't use other numbers.

I've used ESPN for a long time and they do very good job. It's the only site I've used and never had a reason to change.

Their online draft function works just fine. It's pretty detailed and easy to use.

It doesn't cost anything either, so that's nice.

I would say it's a good place to move to.

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

That's odd, on two of my league we have FGs over 50 yards worth 10 points. I think it goes every 10 yards not 5 though.