AintNoStoppinMeNow

UPDATE: Tua Time Coming Soon? - Tua In, Fitzpatrick Out

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Naw it would be a complete mistake to go after Fitz.  

Please explain? 

This move only makes sense if the coaching staff thinks Tua is pretty damn good.  The team is very much in the hunt for a playoff birth.  They wouldn't sacrifice playoffs just to get a rookie on the field.

It’s highly possible that one of the reasons they did it now was out of respect for fitz, meaning moving him before next weeks Trading deadline.  

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Naw it would be a complete mistake to go after Fitz.  

It makes sense on every level. Dalton is making Dak look like the greatest QB to ever play the game.. he’s not going to improve moving forward ...can you imagine the contract demand with the red head continuing?! 

Now bring in fitz.  a great locker room guy playing ‘an I don’t give a style of football’ ...maybe players rally around him... and bring the locker room back together....he’s slinging it everywhere without fear because he has nothing to lose. Perfect fit with those WR’s. Plus the division is so weak, even if it takes him a month to learn the system, which it won’t (he’s a Harvard grad) and highly intelligent, the cowboys will still probably be in first . 

if it does work.  Cowboys make the playoffs, win a lucky wildcard game,  Jones doesn’t have to pay Dak Mahomes money. 

3 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

It makes sense on every level. Dalton is making Dak look like the greatest QB to ever play the game.. he’s not going to improve moving forward ...can you imagine the contract demand with the red head continuing?! 

Now bring in fitz.  a great locker room guy playing ‘an I don’t give a style of football’ ...maybe players rally around him... and bring the locker room back together....he’s slinging it everywhere without fear because he has nothing to lose. Perfect fit with those WR’s. Plus the division is so weak, even if it takes him a month to learn the system, which it won’t (he’s a Harvard grad) and highly intelligent, the cowboys will still probably be in first . 

if it does work.  Cowboys make the playoffs, win a lucky wildcard game,  Jones doesn’t have to pay Dak Mahomes money. 

There was no real offseason and limited practice time.  With a new head coach, I'm willing to bet that backups got very little field time during camp... including Dalton.  With only 1 week of practice getting all the reps, I'm not surprised we saw what we saw.  I fully expect things to get a lot better over the next couple weeks.  Let's be honest here, it's not like Dallas looked like a playoff team with Dak under center, so if it takes 2 or 3 games for the Dallas offense to get squared away, let's say they go 1-2, I don't think that would have a real impact on their season because I don't think they're making the playoffs anyway.

Dallas will need to win their division to make the playoffs.  With a 2-4 record, they're currently behind 10 teams, so a wildcard birth looks like a pipe dream because that defense is horrific, with or without Dak at QB.  If the Cowboys traded for Fitz, that won't speed things up, it'll only slow them down.  They have Washington, Philly, and the Steelers coming up next.  They should beat the Redskins, but the Philly and Pittsburgh games will be tough.  Whether it's Dalton or Fitz, or even if were Dak, 1-2 in those games is likely.  At the bye week, they're going to be 3-6.  I think you can kiss the playoffs goodbye at that point and who the QB is won't matter.

That said, when looking at the schedule for the Eagles, they may not even be a .500 team either.  I think it's possible that the Eagles or Dallas can win this division with 7 wins... or even less.  I honestly think 6-10 could win this division because the Eagles may be 5-10-1.  I don't think the Giants and Redskins will even total 5 wins between them.

Now, all that being said, I don't think it matters whether the Cowboys have Dalton or Fitzpatrick... as I think 6 wins is likely, and 7 is possible, with either one.  From a a management perspective, the Cowboys were 2-3 with Dak.  If they got 4-7 with Dalton, you'll have a .400 win pct with Dak and .364 with with Dalton.  Is there really any difference?

8 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

Please explain? 

They don’t need to.  

4 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

So after one game, haven’t seen enough to make a decision on Dalton yet. naw don’t see this taken place.  

But in the nfl , anything could take place. Dak was the second best ff Qb, and that’s all that matter on this ff site.  

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There was no real offseason and limited practice time.  With a new head coach, I'm willing to bet that backups got very little field time during camp... including Dalton.  With only 1 week of practice getting all the reps, I'm not surprised we saw what we saw.  I fully expect things to get a lot better over the next couple weeks.  Let's be honest here, it's not like Dallas looked like a playoff team with Dak under center, so if it takes 2 or 3 games for the Dallas offense to get squared away, let's say they go 1-2, I don't think that would have a real impact on their season because I don't think they're making the playoffs anyway.

Dallas will need to win their division to make the playoffs.  With a 2-4 record, they're currently behind 10 teams, so a wildcard birth looks like a pipe dream because that defense is horrific, with or without Dak at QB.  If the Cowboys traded for Fitz, that won't speed things up, it'll only slow them down.  They have Washington, Philly, and the Steelers coming up next.  They should beat the Redskins, but the Philly and Pittsburgh games will be tough.  Whether it's Dalton or Fitz, or even if were Dak, 1-2 in those games is likely.  At the bye week, they're going to be 3-6.  I think you can kiss the playoffs goodbye at that point and who the QB is won't matter.

That said, when looking at the schedule for the Eagles, they may not even be a .500 team either.  I think it's possible that the Eagles or Dallas can win this division with 7 wins... or even less.  I honestly think 6-10 could win this division because the Eagles may be 5-10-1.  I don't think the Giants and Redskins will even total 5 wins between them.

Now, all that being said, I don't think it matters whether the Cowboys have Dalton or Fitzpatrick... as I think 6 wins is likely, and 7 is possible, with either one.  From a a management perspective, the Cowboys were 2-3 with Dak.  If they got 4-7 with Dalton, you'll have a .400 win pct with Dak and .364 with with Dalton.  Is there really any difference?

6 wins is gonna win you the NFC East this year.  Pathetic but true.  Dallas has max 4 realistic Wins in them the rest of the way, Philly has 5 counting NYG this week.  They lose then they'll be right there with Dallas the rest of the way with max 4 wins BUT they play each other still twice so our answer will be in those 2 games.  

4 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

Dak was never getting Mahomes money nor did he expect to get paid like Mahomes.... Deshaun Watson money yes.  

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

They don’t need to.  

^ This

Fitz would do nothing for this Cowboys team.  They are literally starting the worst Oline in the league.  2nd and 3rd stringers across the board.  Fitz doesn't play defense either.... although I bet he could do a better job as D coordinator on this team than Nolan is.  

This fantasyland talk, but Fitz would be better than Dalton.  He would resurrect Gallop's value at the expense of Lamb's value though.