Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Wide Receiver WW

Trying to add another receiver to my mix but the waiver wire in my league feels like a wasteland. I'm looking at:

- Mike Williams

- Laviska Shenault

- MVS

- Russell Gage

- Tim Patrick

- Chase Claypool

- Isaiah Ford

- N'Keal Harry

Who you guys think is worth the add to basically sit behind: Mike Evans/Amari Cooper/Jameson Crowder.. My 4th is currently Marvin Jones Jr. but he is either moving to my 5th spot or just going population dumpsville.

Can I ask you a question?

Who would you be dropping, reason why I ask I can see you dropping M Jones for a few of those WRs , but I see a few of them worthy of a roster spot, so besides M Jones who was it you were thinking of dropping? 

It could be a few guys. We start 2 RBs. I had Barkley/Drake/Carson/Hunt from the draft. Barkley got injured, Drake has been unreliable. When Barkley went down I doubled down on depth at that position adding Gaskin/Freeman/Kelley thinking since there wasn't a lot of quality I needed to go with quantity. Honestly Freeman might be expendable to me

Then I lost Parris Campbell and Allen Lazard to injury. 

So I could cut one of the back end running back guys. Or we also play IDP's and I have a little bit of depth there that I could try to drop a guy to pick up a receiver. 

Drop any IDP for Mike Williams.  If he gets healthy now that Herbert is heaving it deep, he's going to be yuge.

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

It could be a few guys. We start 2 RBs. I had Barkley/Drake/Carson/Hunt from the draft. Barkley got injured, Drake has been unreliable. When Barkley went down I doubled down on depth at that position adding Gaskin/Freeman/Kelley thinking since there wasn't a lot of quality I needed to go with quantity. Honestly Freeman might be expendable to me

Then I lost Parris Campbell and Allen Lazard to injury. 

So I could cut one of the back end running back guys. Or we also play IDP's and I have a little bit of depth there that I could try to drop a guy to pick up a receiver. 

I like Shenault and Patrick and M Williams and Gage. 

I think any of those four would be very good ones to pick up. I would even look at picking up two of those four WRs.

Thanks for the question. 

Good luck with your decision.  

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Drop any IDP for Mike Williams.  If he gets healthy now that Herbert is heaving it deep, he's going to be yuge.

Yeah, our league (14-team) currently has Mike Williams sitting on the waiver wire and I just think that's ridiculous. He could be big later in the year. 

1 hour ago, show me the murray said:

Yeah, our league (14-team) currently has Mike Williams sitting on the waiver wire and I just think that's ridiculous. He could be big later in the year. 

My problem with Williams is I'm a Chargers fan and I get frustrated with real world Williams going in and out of the lineup with injuries. So fantasy football Williams might give me a different layer of agita. 

Also, I'm used to the Chargers doing whatever the stupidest thing possible is so I can see them going back to Taylor for some ungodly reason

I'm leaning towards Gage and Williams to add to the team.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Also, I'm used to the Chargers doing whatever the stupidest thing possible is so I can see them going back to Taylor for some ungodly reason

Taylor axually throws a pretty good deep ball himself, so that's not necessarily a bad thing for Williams--but yeah, the constant injuries are a solid demerit.

8 hours ago, show me the murray said:

Update: Lynn's confirmed Herbert is the starting QB the rest of the way. Time to trust Mike Williams...

Agreed. 

Thats what Allen and Williams owners needed to hear.  

I'm not a fan of rookie WR and I picked up Shenault. When the OC is designing special plays for a WR you got potential, imo