Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

WR dilemma...need some expert thought process

So I have Keenan Allen who plays on Sunday.

I also have Emmanuel Sanders and Russell Gage. 

My concern is if I play Emmanuel Sanders on Friday and let's say Keenan doesn't play sunday now im forced to play Russell Gage.

But if I wait and put Gage in the spot I have Sanders then I'm jammed up if Keenan doesn't play bc sanders will have already played. 

DJ Moore on waivers though. 

How would you guys play this?

Assuming that you need two of those three WR's?

We will know by Friday's kickoff whether Allen was a full participant at practice. If so, I would go ahead and roll out Sanders that afternoon, knowing that Allen should be available barring any setbacks.

If Allen is limited, he will be very hard to trust. In fact, I wouldn't...esp after he looked in the cameras last week during pregame and said "Start me!".....only to take himself out of the game, killing owners. In that scenario, I would go ahead and start Sanders Friday, then pair with whoever you like better between Gage and DJ Moore. Both have very tough matchups, but I like Moore a tad better. Is Tyron Johnson not available? I like him better than either one of them if Allen sits.

Sanders and Allen, if Allen is limited at practice by Friday, I would pick up D J Moore.  

This is a tough situation, good luck    

9 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Assuming that you need two of those three WR's?

We will know by Friday's kickoff whether Allen was a full participant at practice. If so, I would go ahead and roll out Sanders that afternoon, knowing that Allen should be available barring any setbacks.

If Allen is limited, he will be very hard to trust. In fact, I wouldn't...esp after he looked in the cameras last week during pregame and said "Start me!".....only to take himself out of the game, killing owners. In that scenario, I would go ahead and start Sanders Friday, then pair with whoever you like better between Gage and DJ Moore. Both have very tough matchups, but I like Moore a tad better. Is Tyron Johnson not available? I like him better than either one of them if Allen sits.

I'm sure he is...but thats massive risk. Gage should at least be in a good game script. Sanders worries me bc if he doesn't get free last week his day sucked. Moore is great but Washington defense is really good. Ugg.

15 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I'm sure he is...but thats massive risk. Gage should at least be in a good game script. Sanders worries me bc if he doesn't get free last week his day sucked. Moore is great but Washington defense is really good. Ugg.

You're right on all points. None of those three generate much confidence this week. In cases like that, I always play the matchups. Moore and Gage both have nasty matchups for WR's (Redskins give up 2nd-fewest points to WR's, and Chiefs the 4th-fewest), and Sanders can and does disappear on any given week.....but against the Vikes, who give up the 3rd-most points to WR's, he is definitely startable....esp with Brees back in the fold.

So, I believe that Sanders and Allen are your best bets if Allen is 100% good-to-go. However, If (and only if) Allen is OUT.....I wouldn't have any issue at all in firing up Tyron Johnson. Denver is suddenly very vulnerable in the secondary, and Herbert will get his. But, then I do tend to be a bit of a gambler.....

Do you have a spot on your bench to stash maybe Tyron Johnson AND Moore? Maybe grab both of them and then if Allen is out you could plug in Johnson who played well in Allen's place.

Looks like Allen is going to be a very risky play, plus Henry is now out, covid n

26 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Do you have a spot on your bench to stash maybe Tyron Johnson AND Moore? Maybe grab both of them and then if Allen is out you could plug in Johnson who played well in Allen's place.

Yeah I might do that. 

Man just seems like Gage would be the pick though? 

The other thing I'm trying to factor in is I am a massive favourite in my final. Like 25 point favourite in a standard league or what Yahoo says is a 73% chance to win.

So I don't need a huge game from my wide receivers I just need to not take a stinker game...

6 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah I might do that. 

Man just seems like Gage would be the pick though? 

Gage probably is but I like options.

Sat Sanders for Gage. Probably play Moore over Keenan. 

Don't need my receivers to go off...just need them to hold serve. Those two should have nice volume im hoping.