Mike Isles

My New York Islanders thread

They didn’t play terrible but needed more shots on goal. Really thought they would at least tie for OT. 
Being optimistic- they have a good team and great coach/management - They can win the Cup first year playing at Belmont UBS arena - I drive past it every day. It looks awesome. 

On 6/25/2021 at 11:23 PM, Mike Isles said:

Also to lose it on a short handed goal when they didn’t give up a shorty all year hurts too. 

:banana:

20 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

:mad:

Hey, you got farther than my Blackhawks this year, so, your team was a better loser I guess. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Hey, you got farther than my Blackhawks this year, so, your team was a better loser I guess. :dunno:

I know but to be in final four two years in a row to lose to the same team sucks. Honestly if they tied it and lost in OT I probably wouldn’t be this upset 

On 6/25/2021 at 11:23 PM, Mike Isles said:

Also to lose it on a short handed goal when they didn’t give up a shorty all year hurts too. 

When I first read this post, I thought you had to be wrong. Then I looked it up. That's incredible. Nashville in '13-'14 did the same in a full season, but 70% of a season is still impressive.

Either a Canadian team will hoist the Stanley cup for the first time since 1993, or a team will repeat as champs in a major 4 sport for the 6th time this century (00-01-02 Lakers, 03-04 Patriots, 09-10 Lakers, 12-13 Heat, 17-18 Warriors) and first time in the NHL this century.

On 6/25/2021 at 8:23 PM, Mike Isles said:

That was horrible defense, total fock up.

Bottom line though, they just didn’t get many chances of their own.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

Either a Canadian team will hoist the Stanley cup for the first time since 1993, or a team will repeat as champs in a major 4 sport for the 6th time this century (00-01-02 Lakers, 03-04 Patriots, 09-10 Lakers, 12-13 Heat, 17-18 Warriors) and first time in the NHL this century.

I’m pulling for the Habs but I expect them to get smoked

Just now, IGotWorms said:

I’m pulling for the Habs but I expect them to get smoked

How often does the favorite actually win in the NHL?  It seems like the favorites get smoked a hell of a lot by hot teams.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

How often does the favorite actually win in the NHL?  It seems like the favorites get smoked a hell of a lot by hot teams.

They do. But g0ddamn Tampa is really good

Just now, IGotWorms said:

They do. But g0ddamn Tampa is really good

They went 7 though.  The habs are scorching hot.

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Bottom line though, they just didn’t get many chances of their own.

Absolutely right 

12 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

They went 7 though.  The habs are scorching hot.

Good goalie matchup for cup. 

If the Pens didnt have turrible goaltender...they wouldnt have made it even this far.

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

If the Pens didnt have turrible goaltender...they wouldnt have made it even this far.

I get what you are saying but that’s why they play the games. Not what is on paper. 

He really was turrible

23 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I get what you are saying but that’s why they play the games. Not what is on paper. 

He really was turrible

Yep!!!

Islanders finally get first win at newly opened UBS Arena. After opening the season with 13 road games they went 0-5-2 in first 7 games. Finally won game 8. 

Game 7 was tied 3-3 with Nashville and the Predators scored with 11 seconds left.