Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

Martin Luther King Jr

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Imagine?  I don't imagine anything.  It's all over the news.  There's countless stories of black people saying that they were taught as kids that white people don't like them.  That's going to breed hate.  That's racism.

True.  We all need to work on our kids.  Racism is not something we are born with, it is taught.

Right now we are creating a large group of racists who see white people as evil, or the problem. In history there were white people who mistreated minorities based on their appearance. It was wrong then and it is wrong now.

The beauty is that there are plenty of people who achieve and do not buy into the "society is stopping me because of my skin color" bulllllllsh!!!!t..... they simply achieve, and that is wonderful.  Hard work will take you where you want to be in this country, it is what makes this nation the best in the world, the best ever.

Still, there will be people who prefer to pretend its a secret magical force that their skin color creates. And of course this is inane, but creating a villain and making yourself a victim makes your individual failures seem like its really not you, but of course it is.

18 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

A portion of black people will never be happy until we wash their feet.  

Maybe, but at the same time a portion of white people will always see black people as inferior too.

We will never be able to eradicate racism.  But, and this is important, we have beaten the Democrats and removed the many obstacles that were put in place by government.

So now we have a level playing ground, but....we cannot ignore the damage done by Democrats in government to harm AA's, even up to today.  That is why we had some of the programs to give AA's a leg up, others had achieved....some who faced tough challenges as well, such as Asians....but lets not talk about them , they prove there is a meritocracy and that is a tough pill for some to swallow.

So now what do we have, steady improvement, but no amount of improvement will ever be enough, because being the victim is a damb good deal, in many ways.  Is the US more racist today than in the 19060's, of course not, but when you have a group of people heavily invested in an approach (waaa I am a victim) how do you unwind that from the group think?

So glad I have a couple of nieces who grew up , went to private college so they can tell me what racist and why isn’t.  Who needs black people anymore for that? 

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Maybe, but at the same time a portion of white people will always see black people as inferior too.

We will never be able to eradicate racism.  But, and this is important, we have beaten the Democrats and removed the many obstacles that were put in place by government.

So now we have a level playing ground, but....we cannot ignore the damage done by Democrats in government to harm AA's, even up to today.  That is why we had some of the programs to give AA's a leg up, others had achieved....some who faced tough challenges as well, such as Asians....but lets not talk about them , they prove there is a meritocracy and that is a tough pill for some to swallow.

So now what do we have, steady improvement, but no amount of improvement will ever be enough, because being the victim is a damb good deal, in many ways.  Is the US more racist today than in the 19060's, of course not, but when you have a group of people heavily invested in an approach (waaa I am a victim) how do you unwind that from the group think?

Agreed entirely.  No one here or anywhere believes racism does not exist.  

The point is we have made a ton of progress.  It is basically nill.  People of color occupy all sorts of top positions voted on by the citizens.  Rap and hip hop has been the most popular genre of music for a long time now.  Like rappera say when they have a concert a majority of people there are white. 

But here we are.  We have Jemele Hill saying black athletes should leave white schools.  We have NYU black students wanting a separate dormitory without whites.  People want to go backwards....for whatever reason.

This is why there is poverty (I believe it's a combo of all):

■ Inner-city poverty is the result of profound structural economic shifts that have eroded the competitive position of the central cities in the industrial sectors that historically provided employment for the working poor, especially minorities. Thus demand for their labor has declined disastrously.

■ Inner-city poverty is a reflection of the inadequate human capital of the labor force, which results in lower productivity and inability to compete for employment in emerging sectors that pay adequate wages.

■ Inner-city poverty results from the persistence of racial and gender discrimination in employment, which prevents the population from achieving its full potential in the labor market.

■ Inner-city poverty is the product of the complex interaction of culture and behavior, which has produced a population that is isolated, self-referential, and detached from the formal economy and labor market.

■ Inner-city poverty is the outcome of a long, historical process of segregating poor and minority populations in U.S. cities that resulted in a spatial mismatch between workers and jobs when employment decentralized.

■ Inner-city poverty results from migration processes that simultaneously remove the middle-class and successful members of the community, thereby reducing social capital, while bringing in new, poorer populations whose competition in the labor market drives down wages and employment chances of residents. 

■ Inner-city poverty reflects an endogenous growth deficit that results from low levels of entrepreneurship and access to capital, especially among minority populations.

■ Inner-city poverty is the unanticipated consequence of public policy that was intended to alleviate social problems but has, in fact, caused them to worsen in so

This is what I believe. It has nothing to do with whatever is floating in your head. No one hates white people, that is ridiculous. Every dang on successful black person can't wait to flee black neighborhoods and marry a white person as soon as they make 2 cents. Black women sew straight hair on to their heads so they can look more like white people. Black women have afro hair just like all the basketball players you see running around. I wish black people loved themselves more, perhaps then we would move forward quicker. We don't hate you! Stop thinking that! We just express ourselves differently and maybe our aggressive behavior scares you. We don't hate you. 

Would I be here if I hated white people? It's ridiculous, stop thinking that. Virtual hug ((hug))

36 minutes ago, peenie said:

■ Inner-city poverty is the result of profound structural economic shifts that have eroded the competitive position of the central cities in the industrial sectors that historically provided employment for the working poor, especially minorities. Thus demand for their labor has declined disastrously.

■ Inner-city poverty is a reflection of the inadequate human capital of the labor force, which results in lower productivity and inability to compete for employment in emerging sectors that pay adequate wages.

■ Inner-city poverty results from the persistence of racial and gender discrimination in employment, which prevents the population from achieving its full potential in the labor market.

■ Inner-city poverty is the product of the complex interaction of culture and behavior, which has produced a population that is isolated, self-referential, and detached from the formal economy and labor market.

■ Inner-city poverty is the outcome of a long, historical process of segregating poor and minority populations in U.S. cities that resulted in a spatial mismatch between workers and jobs when employment decentralized.

■ Inner-city poverty results from migration processes that simultaneously remove the middle-class and successful members of the community, thereby reducing social capital, while bringing in new, poorer populations whose competition in the labor market drives down wages and employment chances of residents. 

■ Inner-city poverty reflects an endogenous growth deficit that results from low levels of entrepreneurship and access to capital, especially among minority populations.

■ Inner-city poverty is the unanticipated consequence of public policy that was intended to alleviate social problems but has, in fact, caused them to worsen in so

This is what I believe. It has nothing to do with whatever is floating in your head. No one hates white people, that is ridiculous. Every dang on successful black person can't wait to flee black neighborhoods and marry a white person as soon as they make 2 cents. Black women sew straight hair on to their heads so they can look more like white people. Black women have afro hair just like all the basketball players you see running around. I wish black people loved themselves more, perhaps then we would move forward quicker. We don't hate you! Stop thinking that! We just express ourselves differently and maybe our aggressive behavior scares you. We don't hate you. 

Would I be here if I hated white people? It's ridiculous, stop thinking that. Virtual hug ((hug))

Figure out how to make your men FATHERS. The rest is meaningless without starting there. 

Not to mention look how generous our drug laws are now compared to even a decade ago.  Let alone the 80s.  People claimed the war on drugs hurt black people.  Well here we are and weed is basically legal.  In thr most strict states it is a slap on the wrist.    Hard drugs are becoming normalized in many states if not legal.   

Weakened drug laws, affirmative action everywhere, prominent jobs for blacks everywhere, social programs and donations to city kids (like blessings in a backpack that those racist Bills fans raised like 400k for in Lamar Jacksons name).....yeah if you didnt know black espn anchor Domanique Foxworth basically called Bills fans racist...looking to divide.

As a society we are and have been doing a ton to combat injustices or poverty.  Yet here we are and BLM and the like are screaming at the top of their lungs that the nation is terrible.  It is amazing.  Now they want to segregate and go backwards.  Organizations like BLM divide the country and spread violence.  But of course it gets pinned completely on the orange man.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, peenie said:

There is merit throughout your post I think.

If I were to now note that most cities have enjoyed dominance in government from the Democrat party, what conclusion might you draw?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RLLD said:

If I were to now note that most cities have enjoyed dominance in government from the Democrat party, what conclusion might you draw?

This falls on deaf ears.  Doesn't matter that it's 100% true or how often you say it... the indoctrinated will never listen.