Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Fat man Andy Reid should step aside.

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

There are different rules for different people in all things in life. If I had an employee who got in a drunk driving accident that caused a 5 year old girl to have permanent brain damage and it came out in the paper that they worked for me, you are damn right that they would be canned on the spot.

Tyreek Hill has talent. Britt Reid only had that job because his father was the head coach.

And he’s a loser who couldn’t get a decent job anywhere else. His father coddling him like a child and providing things like a truck he didn’t earn or deserve didn’t help matters.  Reid is a focking disgrace of a man.  You would think he would have put his family and society before his career. But hey, good old Andy got his ring. 

Here's my stance on professional sports.  They're all hypocrites.  So, my take is very simple... I don't care what you do off the field (court, ice, etc), just do your job on the field.  A guy beats his wife - don't care.  Why?  Because they sports leagues don't care (depending on who the player is).  Drinking and driving, accidents, drugs, etc... don't care.  Do your job on game day.  It's that simple.  I'm not going to care when a player beats his wife.  I won't complain when he gets a new deal.  I won't complain if he gets cut.  Consistency.  I... don't... care.

7 hours ago, edjr said:

No junkie in the history of the world has ever been better off from being coddled and given things.  They need to feel pain and learn from their mistakes. The only way they will ever change is because they are at rock bottom

People never change.  I do not know anyone that has ever changed from when I met them. 

26 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

People never change.  I do not know anyone that has ever changed from when I met them. 

I have. Some better, some worse. Mostly worse. 

14 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

That is not true. I live in a city riddled with junkies, ex junkies. Some do change for the better. 

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

That is not true. I live in a city riddled with junkies, ex junkies. Some do change for the better. 

Ed is a case in point

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Ed is a case in point

I was never a junkie. Luckily I don't have that addict gene. But yes, I have changed for the better.  slightly...

2 hours ago, edjr said:

I was never a junkie. Luckily I don't have that addict gene. But yes, I have changed for the better.  slightly...

Who said better? :lol:

J/K - you are far more responsible than you used to be.

3 hours ago, edjr said:

I never did anything "too" hard, ie no opioids but I was irresponsible in my 20's. I also have a few buddies that grew up as well.

Someone can be a loser in their 20s and be a contributing member of society later in life.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I never did anything "too" hard, ie no opioids but I was irresponsible in my 20's. I also have a few buddies that grew up as well.

Someone can be a loser in their 20s and be a contributing member of society later in life.

I was a loser up through mid 30s. Luckily I found this place in 2003 and things started to change for the better